How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #2 - Page 6 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-04-2010
This is the Renaissance

My skin is normal - tending towards oily. I have noticed that if I use a super hydrating eye cream (not sure if StriVectin is in this category), I sometimes get little bumps around my eye. The key for me is finding something that has the right amount of moisture.

But I think there is something to prevention. I have been using some sort of eye cream since High School. Currently I use Dermalogica Total Eye Care with SPF 15.

And yes, I have to agree with using sunscreen! And I also like wearing big sunglasses as an additional barrier from the sun.

30-04-2010
front row

Okay, have any of you made the mistake in the past of going in the sun without sunscreen or laying in the sun to get a tan? I have olive skin and I don't burn..when I was around ages 19-21 ish (I'm only 23 now), I sometimes went without sunscreen and laid in the sun for 30 to an hour to get a tan...I regret it so much..I've always been really good with my skin care routine and I haven't gone out without sunscreen/laid in the sun for a year. I don't show any signs of skin damage or wrinkles, but I'm terrified I'll end up so wrinkly in like 10 years...any ideas? What does everyone think? Thanks!

30-04-2010
In Bloom

I know that Vitamin C does great things for sun damaged skin, but honestly, I think your skin would show signs of sun damage by now. I did the same thing as you (we're the same age btw) and my only problem is some odd pigmentation on my temples. But it's pretty much gone now...

I really don't think that going a couple of days without sunscreen does you any harm. Honestly, it's not like you suddenly burst into flames or anything Yes, sunscreen is important, but it's most likely not gonna kill you to skip it a few days.

we were in love

30-04-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLys View Post
Oh that looks so cute!
Where did you buy it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
The packaging is beautiful, I would love to hear where you purchased it from!

I got it from asos.com, they sell Figs & Rouge from time to time. You can also get it at boots.com or www.love-eco.co.uk. Just send them a mail with what you want to order and where you want them to send it to.

Last edited by diesanni; 30-04-2010 at 02:28 PM.

30-04-2010
tfs star

Ida, which vitamin C product would you recommend? I hope something not to expensive...:p
I personally think the best thing ever and effective on long-term is hyaluronic acid. BeautyTek has one serum that contains pure hyaluron and maybe 2 or 3 other ingredients and not the whole list of unimportant stuff. I found my new best friend to be. I just don't know whether it's too early (I'm 20 years old) to start with or the prevention is the best cure?

30-04-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
Figs & Rouge Organic Day Serum
This was once already in my basket, but I didn't purchased it at the end. I'm still regretting it and it's certainly going to be my next buy. It has fantastic ingredients!

30-04-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by °Isa View Post
Ida, which vitamin C product would you recommend? I hope something not to expensive...:p
I personally think the best thing ever and effective on long-term is hyaluronic acid. BeautyTek has one serum that contains pure hyaluron and maybe 2 or 3 other ingredients and not the whole list of unimportant stuff. I found my new best friend to be. I just don't know whether it's too early (I'm 20 years old) to start with or the prevention is the best cure?
I have no clue. I'm not into serums and all that, but Murad has a really nice Vit C toner that I've always wanted to try!

It's never too early. I've been using anti-age creams and AHAs since I was 19 I think

we were in love

01-05-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post

It's never too early. I've been using anti-age creams and AHAs since I was 19 I think

Ok so at 22 I'm not too young to start. Thanks

01-05-2010
V.I.P.

Has anyone here ever ordered with hqhair.com? They sent out my products on thursday last week but I still haven't gotten a tracking number.. I emailed them but they haven't answered yet

01-05-2010
tfs star

I have. I ordered my stuff on 13.4 and got it on 28.4. I already sent them e-mail one day before I got the package why did it take so long and they said they had some inconviences with air traffic because of the vulcano eruption. Otherwise everything was fine and I'm certainly going to shop there again.

01-05-2010
In Bloom

I've shopped there a bunch of times, I don't remember getting a tracking number. Shipping is usually pretty fast, like a week or so.

we were in love

01-05-2010
V.I.P.

Water, plenty of the stuff.

01-05-2010
rising star

Quote:
Actually only the sun ages your skin. The sun is to blame for 95% of all your wrinkles. Staring at computer screens all day doesn't age your skin or give you crows feet.
Staring at computer screens can dry your eyes out enormously - my understanding is that dehydrated skin wrinkles worse than hydrated skin - not to mention the fact that you might be squinting at spreadsheets etc an awful lot (repetitive facial expressions definitely contribute to wrinkles - smile lines are much nicer looking than squint lines in any case!!).

And cigarettes do age the skin enormously - obviously not as much as the sun does but they still are hugely to blame for premature ageing. I don't really think you can say the sun is 95% to blame for ageing skin, either - genetics play a huge role, as well as the pure and simple fact of the natural ageing process. But yes, agreed, the sun is essentially the skin's number one enemy!!

01-05-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
I know that Vitamin C does great things for sun damaged skin, but honestly, I think your skin would show signs of sun damage by now. I did the same thing as you (we're the same age btw) and my only problem is some odd pigmentation on my temples. But it's pretty much gone now...

I really don't think that going a couple of days without sunscreen does you any harm. Honestly, it's not like you suddenly burst into flames or anything Yes, sunscreen is important, but it's most likely not gonna kill you to skip it a few days.
Not to make you feel bad, but most of the sun damage we incur happens before the age of 18. The effects make themselves visible over time, accumulating. So you'll see a spot one year, a new wrinkle the next, until it adds up to wrinkly, sagging skin. So if you tanned a lot in your teens, don't go without sunscreen anymore. I thought I was fine when I was in my early 20's because I didn't have nearly as many wrinkles around my eyes as my friends, but it's catching up on me now at 29.

02-05-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrunissa View Post
Not to make you feel bad, but most of the sun damage we incur happens before the age of 18. The effects make themselves visible over time, accumulating. So you'll see a spot one year, a new wrinkle the next, until it adds up to wrinkly, sagging skin. So if you tanned a lot in your teens, don't go without sunscreen anymore. I thought I was fine when I was in my early 20's because I didn't have nearly as many wrinkles around my eyes as my friends, but it's catching up on me now at 29.
That's nice to know, I grew up covered in sunscreen I didn't even try to tan until I was 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGrace View Post
Staring at computer screens can dry your eyes out enormously - my understanding is that dehydrated skin wrinkles worse than hydrated skin - not to mention the fact that you might be squinting at spreadsheets etc an awful lot (repetitive facial expressions definitely contribute to wrinkles - smile lines are much nicer looking than squint lines in any case!!).

And cigarettes do age the skin enormously - obviously not as much as the sun does but they still are hugely to blame for premature ageing. I don't really think you can say the sun is 95% to blame for ageing skin, either - genetics play a huge role, as well as the pure and simple fact of the natural ageing process. But yes, agreed, the sun is essentially the skin's number one enemy!!
The only thing that can break down collagen in your skin, thus causing wrinkles and sagging, is the sun. You won't get wrinkles from sitting in front of a screen all day. And perhaps the screen isn't the problem if you're squinting, sounds more like you need to see an optometrist

I can certainly say that the sun is the cause of 95% of the damage done to your skin, esp because every sane dermatologist would tell you that. That's how I know, I asked... Genetics do not play a huge role. Sun exposure does. Genetics do not break down the DNA in the cells, the sun does.

we were in love

Last edited by The_Ida; 02-05-2010 at 02:49 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, flawless, make, skin, smooth