How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #2 - Page 7 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
02-05-2010
backstage pass

i have always heard the sun is the cause of 70% of skin damage. 95% seem too much.

02-05-2010
backstage pass

i looked on the net and you're right. they say 80-90% its crazy !

02-05-2010
V.I.P.

70% would still be enough to me...

02-05-2010
front row

grr, i got told by my future potential agency that i need to work on my "glow" as my skin (at 17) looks prematurely aged..
any tips?
i eat salmon, avocado everyday and drink dandelion and green tea, however i dont consume any fats at all nor wheat, gluten, dairy, soy or rice or un-natural sugars.
I cleanse with a gentle non-soap cleanser every night and exfoliate once or twice a week and use concentrated vitamin e cream as a moisturiser, my skin is perfectly clear and even but its not "dewy"
need some help with my glow!
(without quitting smoking....)

02-05-2010
V.I.P.

How long have you been smoking?

02-05-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
How long have you been smoking?
about a year and a half. and its only gotten worse, im a dirty chain smoker haha.
its a horrible disgusting habit i know.

02-05-2010
V.I.P.

I'm afraid your skin won't get any better until you do quit. It causes your skin taking on a slightly yellowish-grey hue that's caused by the toxins your liver has to deal with. There is no way you could compensate that by eating healthy and a good cleansing routine. One thing you can do is consume as much natural vitamin c as you can. Smokers need about three times as much as those who don't smoke do. Artichoke and broccoli contain substances that can help cleanse the liver (their names are cynarin and sulforaphane if you want to do some research).

Last edited by diesanni; 02-05-2010 at 06:42 AM.

02-05-2010
scenester

if the sun causes 70-95% of skin damage, how about diet though? heard that consuming sugary foods leads to breakdown of collagen=wrinkles

02-05-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
I'm afraid your skin won't get any better until you do quit. It causes your skin taking on a slightly yellowish-grey hue that's caused by the toxins your liver has to deal with. There is no way you could compensate that by eating healthy and a good cleansing routine. One thing you can do is consume as much natural vitamin c as you can. Smokers need about three times as much as those who don't smoke do. Artichoke and broccoli contain substances that can help cleanse the liver (their names are cynarin and sulforaphane if you want to do some research).
thankyou

02-05-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrygurlrox View Post
if the sun causes 70-95% of skin damage, how about diet though? heard that consuming sugary foods leads to breakdown of collagen=wrinkles
I don't think anyone knows yet. But it's not 70%-95%, it is 95%. The sun breaks down the DNA in our cells, the rest is genetics/other factors. I don't think there's enough research on sugar yet.

we were in love

02-05-2010
backstage pass

All we know is that UVA/UVB rays generate free radicals and reactive oxygen species in skin and they break down collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid, damage DNA etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactive_oxygen_species
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-radical_theory

Simple sugars are said to be related to a process called glycation that also causes aging in theory.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycation

I'm not sure about which of them is the most aging one or are there some other things involved. For example, I don't get any sun exposure at all, I'm pale, I use sunscreen daily, have never baked on a beach or in a tanning bed, live indoors most of the time, behind curtains and under sunscreen, but I still get loss of elasticity and fine lines. But I tend to eat normally most of the time, means I get the usual amount of simple carbs, I've given up drinking and smoking, but something still ages me although I use antioxidant serums religiously. Only thing that is lacking in my life is regular exercise, so I believe that adequate physical activity is also very important anti-aging factor. When I exercise or go for a run regularly my skin looks much better, lines seem to plump out and skin becomes firmer and then I look younger than I actually am. But just sun avoidance, normal diet and advanced skincare with antioxidants alone do not work for me that well.
And I'm not sure about the genetics factor, thats beyond me.

Last edited by rayoflight; 02-05-2010 at 03:38 PM.

06-05-2010
scenester

anyone reluctant about white tea has to buy this from trader joes, only 2 bucks

http://www.teareviewblog.com/?p=5284

06-05-2010
scenester

3 bucks oops

06-05-2010
front row

What would you say about putting vitamin E on your skin. I heard that this is really good and does wonders and stops skin ageing, so I've been using this method for the past two weeks. But now I've been hearing mixed comments about that, what do you think?

and I have another question about vitamins. I've read many times that models can use about 20 pills of vitamins a day. What do they use that there are so many pills??? What vitamins and how many of them do you use? And what's better - multivitamins or plain vitamins in different pills? My mother is a doctor and she is buying me multivitamins, but I dont know she was never too much into beauty... And I want to be shockingly pretty! )

06-05-2010
scenester

I'm not claiming my skin is flawless, but I do want to rave about rose water!

It's so awesome for my skin. I use it as a toner after cleansing and it makes my skin clear, soft and smooth.
The one I have has lactic acid in it as well, so I think that helps.
And the smell is lovely.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, flawless, make, skin, smooth