How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-04-2010
V.I.P.

How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #2
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

I usually drink vanilla scented green tea with sugar, do you think it has the same effect as plain green tea ?

Last edited by classicalbang; 06-04-2010 at 08:02 PM.

04-04-2010
In Bloom

^Sugar is bad for your skin, so it probably has the opposite effect.

we were in love

06-04-2010
trendsetter

^^Try sweetening it with honey, or some other natural sweetener, if the Vanilla isn't enough.

06-04-2010
V.I.P.

You could always try Stevia. Or try white tea, I find it has a natural sweetness to it and I do prefer the taste for sure.

06-04-2010
V.I.P.

ok, thanks for your answers, Ill try it without anything first and if that doesnt work out, Ill get Stevia/honey

06-04-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight fairy View Post
So yeah, water does have a huge effect on skin.
I agree, I also noticed that we have very hard water here in the city. My bf lives in the countryside and everytime I'm there I don't need hair conditioner and I can feel that water is softer and it doesn't dry out my skin.
Not to mention how good it tastes!

07-04-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_sun View Post
ok, thanks for your answers, Ill try it without anything first and if that doesnt work out, Ill get Stevia/honey
Honey = sugar. Still bad for the skin.

My BF's mum has a book on how sugar damages and ages the body, I need to read it She was so shocked after she read it.

we were in love

07-04-2010
V.I.P.

Yeah I was a bit surprised when I found out that honey is just as bad for you as sugar, but it taste more so you need less and in that way it is a bit more healthy..no? yeah?

I just used this amazing mask Yesterday, I think it is called moistfull massage mask from Etude House..I have dry skin and it worked wonders^^ I never thought a mask cold actually do anything because the few I have tried didn't have any effect on my skin, and I only tried this one because I got it for free^^ haha (cheap Asian ) But I was really good, so if you have dry skin and want smooth run to ebay or Korea and get one

07-04-2010
front row

how much do you care about using ecological products?
is loreal really so bad for your skin?

07-04-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gian-franco View Post
is loreal really so bad for your skin?
I think you get what you pay for..but I really like the L'oreal eyemakeup remover but the Lancome one is better but again more expensive.

07-04-2010
trendsetter

Back to the sugar debate...too much refined and/or processed sugar is bad for your skin, however, if you have a diet relatively low in these, a teaspoon of honey will not make you suddenly break-out. It's all about moderation.

07-04-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonaka View Post
I think you get what you pay for..but I really like the L'oreal eyemakeup remover but the Lancome one is better but again more expensive.
Lancome is owned by L'Oreal . (so is Shu Uemura, and the Body Shop for that matter )

08-04-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsInHerEyes View Post
Back to the sugar debate...too much refined and/or processed sugar is bad for your skin, however, if you have a diet relatively low in these, a teaspoon of honey will not make you suddenly break-out. It's all about moderation.
Surely one teaspoon of honey won't harm anyone, but one shouldn't have much sugar in one's diet at all. It ages the body and therefore the skin tremendously. It doesn't break you out, I never said that. One might as well try to eliminate sugar as much as possible, for example by not drinking tea with sugar/honey, no sugar on cereal etc.

we were in love

08-04-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGrace View Post
Lancome is owned by L'Oreal . (so is Shu Uemura, and the Body Shop for that matter )
I didnt know that!

08-04-2010
scenester

cleanse, exfoliate when you need to, and invest in a great moisturizer
and avoid dehydrating your skin

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, flawless, make, skin, smooth