How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2012
Making a Mess

^ I use witch hazel too and haven't had a blackhead since. I highly recommend it.

I use the Thayers Rose Petal & Witch Hazel toner which is alcohol free and also contains aloe vera. They also have a formulation with cucumber instead of rose petal . Here's a link to the Thayers site: http://www.thayers.com/store/?main_page=index&cPath=3.

07-03-2012
fashion elite

^ That's exactly what I was thinking of. I use the Rose Petal version as well!

I keep it in a little spray bottle mixed with other extracts and use it during the day. It's a lifesaver!

Making a Mess

^ I agree a definite staple in my medicine cabinet .

Out of curiosity what do you mix it with?

backstage pass

I just ordered that Thayers toner, hope it will work out as good for my skin as it did with yours

fashion elite

I like to add cucumber extract and green tea extract as a way to help the redness in my face. I mix it together into a spray bottle with a few drops of emu oil mixed in.

I get all my extracts from Garden of Wisdom (google) specifically the Matcha Tea and Cucumber Powder.

backstage pass

I just wanted to give me skin a break from all the meds I've been putting on it. I looked up a natural treatment to soothe skin from picking. Here's the steps:

-Apply a bit of olive oil on your skin and massage it in an upwards motion for 2-3 minutes
-Lay a hot damp towel on your face to cleanse it
-Apply a natural honey mask and leave it on for 15 minutes
-Remove again with a hot damp towel
-Then soak a cotton ball in lemon juice and apply like a toner concentrating on affected areas.

My skin looks amazing and radiant and feels really soothed.

09-03-2012
Making a Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikoline View Post
I just ordered that Thayers toner, hope it will work out as good for my skin as it did with yours
I hope it works for you... however I must caution if you are currently suffering from breakouts this isn't going to be a cure-all. Let alone help with your existing acne. But it will help prevent future breakouts along with the use of other acne fighting products . With all that said its a great staple to include in your beauty routine.

fashion elite

I may just be a unique case but when I use Witch Hazel it seems to help atleast encourage my acne breakouts to subside much quicker. My skin is super reactive so it's not uncommon for a couple times a year for me to mess up my pH level because I'm always trying out new products.

Anyone currently using a straight oil to remove their make-up? I found this product on shen-beauty that uses virgin coconut milk + green tea (yes, my obsession continues) and I'm contemplated to click the checkout button.

backstage pass

^ I often use jojoba oil and coconut oil as makeup-removers. Takes off everything, even stubborn eye-makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_Vixen View Post
I hope it works for you... however I must caution if you are currently suffering from breakouts this isn't going to be a cure-all. Let alone help with your existing acne. But it will help prevent future breakouts along with the use of other acne fighting products . With all that said its a great staple to include in your beauty routine.
I don't really suffer from acne anymore, just these annoying blackheads on my nose. So I hope it will some-what work for those

Last edited by Nikoline; 09-03-2012 at 03:16 PM.
10-03-2012
Making a Mess

^ Oops sorry I thought you might be using this for acne. But yes it will do wonders for your blackheads. Just give it some time.

windowshopping

i use children's soap for washing my face every morning and night.
i don't use make-up everyday
i try to use only natural and homemade products like: apple mask, honey tonic and etc.

15-03-2012
backstage pass

i am hoping someone can help me!
i have all these, what i am assuming are whiteheads all over my chin. when i squeeze them white stuff pops out (i know i shouldn't but then i get rid of them, although they come back ). i use a glycolic scrub and cleanser plus the clarisonic, which i thought would elimintae this problem. my diet is pretty good and i drink heaps of water, but theses spots wont go! any ideas??

16-03-2012
backstage pass

^ I used to have those on my chin as well but when I stopped cleansing with water they went away. At least that worked for me

front row

Mario Badescu products are the best imo......specifically, drying lotion, buffering lotion, and silver powder. I have pretty good skin but will occasionally get a pimple or two and the buffering lotion is amazing!!

20-03-2012
Making a Mess

^ I've heard such great things about the Mario Badescu drying lotion. I've personally never used any of his products though.

I use the Olay pro-x acne mask as a spot treatment sometimes and it works pretty great. It has 10% sulfur and can make a blemish disappear overnight!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, flawless, make, skin, smooth