How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-05-2012
V.I.P.

^leave out the dairy!

16-05-2012
rising star

yeah leave out dairy. also i find some veggie supplements are crap for my skin. flaxseed oil tablets (omega 3) breaks me out and also gives me really bad indigestion. i find ground flaxseeds on food better. alot of binders in vitamins are basically some kind of starch. if it gives you indigestion its probably this, though i dunno if thats what breaks my skin out as such.
however, low gi diet changed my skin dramatically, eczema/psoriasis/acne/that weird itching after sugar....its all dramatically reduced and i have more energy. anything majorly starchy like potatoes wreaks havoc over a week or so and gives me bad indigestion too.
low gi may not have desired effects if you still consume alot of caffeine. dunno if direct correlation but green tea (also has caffeine) makes me break out which is sad coz i love it its only thing i eat with caffeine in it so think it must be that...sad face...but with relatively clear skin

18-05-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by °Isa View Post
How do you like micelle cleansers? I recently bought Yves Rocher (even though I had some prejudices against this brand) Micellar Cleansing Water and I really really like it. It's so cheap and it has good ingredients too.
I use the one for sensitive skin by Bioderma, it is the best. It leaves the skin feeling amazingly clean but not dry, and it is so gentle for the eyes. Plus each bottle is 500ml (I buy them in packs of 2 for around 14 euro) so they last enough to be pretty cheap in the end.

Last edited by Bgeltunsd; 18-05-2012 at 02:03 AM.
18-05-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liya View Post
I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this problem: My skin is perfect everywhere but on my chin. I break out on my chin all the time. There is never a day where I don't have a pimple or a blackhead on there. It drives me insane!

I'm a vegetarian, I take vitamins and supplements, don't eat refined sugar, exercise, stay out of the sun, and drink tons of water. I feel like I can't solve this problem!

Any ideas?
Like I've said in another post here: watch your hands. They're never clean enough to be on your face.

Small stuff can be easily treated with a benzoyl peroxide gel. See a dermatologist if you can't get that over the counter.

18-05-2012
V.I.P.

^^ Katharrrina, have you tried any of the moisturizers by Bioderma?

V.I.P.

Is it usually a hormonal thing if you get pimples only in your lip or chin area? also sometimes i get between my eyes..

18-05-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_sun View Post
No, I use Toleriane Soin Protecteur Apaisant by La Roche Posay and since it's perfect for me, I haven't tried any other moisturizer in a long, long time.

18-05-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by nita-karoliina View Post
Is it usually a hormonal thing if you get pimples only in your lip or chin area? also sometimes i get between my eyes..
Are you getting enough sleep?
I get pimples on my chin if I eat too much sugar, and I get more during that time of the month if my diet is bad. I think it's a combination of hormonal, diet, and rest.

24-05-2012
backstage pass

Hello,

Quick question on milk...
I see in a comment "Cut down on dairy. Dairy is designed to take that cute calf and turn it into a 1500lb cow/bull in under a year. And it does a bloody good job of it. I have skimmed milk in my tea. That's about it these days. Yes, I've even cut back the cheese"

In a recent interview of Barbara Palvin, when they ask her advice for great skin she said she was drinking plenty of milk...

So what is the influence of dairy on milk and does the dose depends on people?

I am a boy (I don't apply much product) but I want to get nicer skin for summer hehe

backstage pass

^ I think you may get better results from investigating possibly incorporating more product, vs. relying on milk.

and YES...totally YMMV (your mileage may vary); for the majority of folks, cutting back on dairy helps their skin "issues". Plus, yes, there have been many discussions re: the overall reliance on dairy in our (humans') diet.

FWIW, not having dairy didn't make a lick of difference in my skin. I have yet to find what does work consistently.

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me
31-05-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_sun View Post
If you have sensitive skin Bioderma is without a doubt a safe way to go. Out of moisturizers I keep using Sebium Hydra cream and Sensibio light for years now. While Sebium hydra is for oily, acne-prone weakened skin, which i use for my T-zone, it returns skin pliability and shine with nice calming effect, especially if you're expiriencing some redness. Also, I use Sensibio light intendend for normal to combination skin that happens to be really good make-up base as well (it's working excellent in addition to that Sensibio H2O), all reacting gentle and of course, maintains a well moisturized skin all day. In my opinion, reasonably priced in exchange for fine quality, I fairly recommend it.

31-05-2012
front row

Thanks for all the suggestions about my chin breaking out

I do avoid dairy- might have it once in awhile on the weekends, but hardly ever consume it.

I also get at least 8 hours of sleep or more every night.

I assume it's hormonal and there's nothing I can do about it. The only thing I've been trying lately that's seemed to work is using retin a on my chin every night.

01-06-2012
Making a Mess

^ I use to experience hormonal breakouts on my chin all the time until I started drinking spearmint tea every night. It has anti-androgenic properties so it should help with hormonal acne. I haven't had a breakout on my chin since. Of course it could be coincidence since my skin does tend to go through phases but I would suggest you try it since its something you can pick up at your local supermarket.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_Vixen View Post
^ I use to experience hormonal breakouts on my chin all the time until I started drinking spearmint tea every night. It has anti-androgenic properties so it should help with hormonal acne. I haven't had a breakout on my chin since. Of course it could be coincidence since my skin does tend to go through phases but I would suggest you try it since its something you can pick up at your local supermarket.
Thanks! I'll definitely try that out...I hope it helps !

01-06-2012
backstage pass

^ Liya, I would suggest trying the Konjac Sponge (the image leads to their site). It’s a 100% natural, antibacterial facial sponge that gently massages & exfoliates skin stimulating blood flow and new growth of skin cells. This one should help you get rid of the blackheads and outbreaks. Not to mention it's affordable.

konjacspongecompany

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, flawless, make, skin, smooth