How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-12-2004
trendsetter

how many ppl can go into sephora
and actually come out without having purchased ONE thing? i know i cant :p

was in there today picking out christmas presents for a couple people. i told myself i would get ONE thing for myself. well i picked out one thing-some frederick fekkai hair glistening cream...and then i saw some toni and tina eyeshadow in this olive green color that was really nice...and then i was in line but the urban decay stand was right there across from the cashiers desk and there were four ppl in line, so while i was waiting i browsed the urban decay stuff-just to look, you know-and thought the green glitter eyeliner looked kind of cool, and ended up grabbing that too :p

seriously, that place is just like a girrlie girl's heaven. im pretty sure i'm getting a gift card to there from my mom for xmas, i cant wait to go spend it

14-12-2004
Vision of Paradise

yeah i could spend $$$$$$ so much there....:eek: esp at nars!

offline.

i usually go in to buy something i need.... like i ran outta something. I dont find it hard to walk out with one thing.

14-12-2004
crossed wires.

aww I love sephora! the one in Paris is just torture...lovely stuff everywhere! Saw a sephora when I was in rouen too...was meaning to go and hav a 'look' round but seemed my time there went b4 i got the chance to

Unfortunately, living in England...or at least Newcastle...we dont have a sephora...i'm not sure if the UK does have them?! *cry*

14-12-2004
front row

I love, love love Sephora. It is impossible for me to not buy anything when I'm there. As I don't have a Sephora where I live (Sweden... GAH) I log onto www.sephora.com which I find very addicting as well. I must admit I love working on my wish-list and planning on what I'll get next time I'm in the US.

14-12-2004
V.I.P.

i can't leave sephora empty-handed, ever.

sadly, iven't been to a sephora since last december
i've passed by the one here last time i was at the mall...but couldn't go in cos it was closed

but i know for sure i will go next time, and buy lots of things. i owe myself one

14-12-2004
backstage pass

Sucks that I dont have one in Montreal. I like that they ship to Canada but it would be so nice to be able to test the texure and colour on you before purchasing it. I might have to make a trip back to NY to do some make up shopping!

16-12-2004
trendsetter

when i go in there i'm like a kid in a candy store

16-12-2004
fashion icon

When I was in Paris recently I've been to four Sephora stores But I only bought in two.
The big one at Champs Elysses is way too loud and crowded for my taste.

16-12-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Unfortunately, living in England...or at least Newcastle...we dont have a sephora...i'm not sure if the UK does have them?! *cry*
Of course we do!

Either that or I just imagined going into that shop every week and spending far too much cash, lol.

They should have it in any city.

16-12-2004
backstage pass

A Sephora shop just opened in my area, which I was very excited to see when I went to the mall the other day. When I went in, though, it was absolutely packed and I had a very hard time finding anyone who could help me find something. The only guy who was free knew nothing about makeup--so why was he working in a makeup shop? I was overwhelmed by the crowds and the fact that so many people were there made me think about how many other people had used all of the samples. Ugh. Anyway, I didn't buy anything. I want to go back, though, because I need some new makeup. Hopefully I'll have better luck next time.

Does anyone have any tips for trying things on without risking an infection or something? I'm afraid to try things, but I know I need to test them to be sure of what I want. Are there techniques for cleaning samples or anything?

17-12-2004
Fierce Flava

Hey Sephora is part of my Screen name...

I was named Sephora_Socialite because of the fact my friends teased that whenever I see a Sephora, I HAVE TO GO in and I don't NEED anything, but I find something to WANT SO SO BADLY. It got to the point that the employees there on Sat. knew who I was. Thus them joking I was the socialite of the Sephora because everyone knew me as I strutted about picking up random fun things I figured I needed/wanted :p

17-12-2004
stories everywhere

^hahahahaha!

I love Sephora. I go all the time, just to play with perfumes and try on at least 20 different lipsticks. I have so many paper strips with perfume names scrawled on them. I keep them in a sealed plastic bag in my makeup drawer, seriously, I have no reason to ever buy air freshner again... I just open the bag and WHOOSH, it smells fabulous.

I loved you

When I went to Hawaii I went INSANE when I stepped into that shop. I was too happy to see everything I forgot to buy anything and skipped out of there.

17-12-2004
V.I.P.

lol, when I don't have money to spare I don't take my wallet with me, I just wander through - its torture, because I want to buy everything and can't, but it can be done

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ppl, sephora