How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-01-2006
|/mirror queen\|

How often do you change makeup looks?
I was wondering, since there are lots of members here so interested in makeup and on how tos....

How often do you really try on the looks you see here or take the advise posted.

Do you really change the makeup looks you are used to?
(like day and night makeup)

26-01-2006
The mod squad

I never change my make up looks. In fact, as the years go by I just wear less make up. But new years eve and Eid are two occasions I go for something unique and dramatic

|/mirror queen\|

What is Eid? I´m curious

I also tend a bit to wear some staples during the week and be more creative when i go out.

What i do is to create the staples i´ll be wearing per season, i choose some items that i keep separate from the rest of the makeup to be more fuss free when i do makeup in the morning.

These items i keep in a small box in the bathroom and the rest stays in the dressing room together with the tons of other makeup products! :p

front row

I almost always stick with my staple mascara, foundation and eye liner, but every few days I'll mix up my eyeshadow colors.

27-01-2006
The mod squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
What is Eid? Im curious
Eid is the festival after Ramadam that we celebrates after a months fasting
Eid for me is the biggest time of the year so I normally sit and plan what to wear and makeup like 9 months in advance!

tfs star

Wow! Golden that sounds exciting! Photo's pleasE!

my makeup is pretty consistent in terms of application, sometimes I'll switch some of the colors around or texture of blush.

27-01-2006
elementary.

i have my signature look w/ jet black liquid liner + heavy mascara, heavy bright pink / coral blush & neutral pale lips
tht i have down to abt 2 minutes / less . . .
makes me look like a doll !
then anythn else depends on my mood !
but the more subtle looks are always the ones which take longer

i'm almost ready..

^i'm quite the same.....
with *slight variations, i have my signature look.....
foundation, eyeliner, mascara, concealer & bronzer/shadower..... then depending on my mood i will do a really nude lip or just leave it.....

i find it works really well......my roommate marvels every morning at how quickly i can do it without screwing anything up......
my hands just go through their motions.....i dont even think about it anymore.....

i dont tend to change things too much for evening....
i'm not one for glitter or crazy eyeshadow.....
if anything i will make the liner more dramatic.... and do up the lips a little more.....

27-01-2006
Iowa Girl at Heart

Basically two different makeup looks for me are day makeup and night makeup.

Day makeup MAY include eyeliner, but includes no foundation...

Night makeup is lots of fun... faux eyelashes, smoky eyes, nude lips + gloss... love a night out on the town. LOVE being a woman and being able to have fun with makeup.

27-01-2006
backstage pass

Well the basic idea of my makeup has been the same for ages.. jsut really dramatic. But the style I go for is different and goes through phases. Sometimes I'm into big lashes and wear false ones diaily, other times I'm into big drag queen lips, sometimes I'm into lots of blush, no blush, lots of shimmer, lots of matte... I change a lot, but the general theme is usually about the same. If that makes sense.

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3
29-01-2006
windowshopping

I change my makeup look pretty much every day, twice if I'm planning on going out. The only makeup that I use every day as staples are concealer, powder and mascara, the rest is up to my mood. The way I see it is that I won't be young forever so I should experiment with my makeup now while I can still get away with a little flashiness.

01-02-2006
V.I.P.

I have so many looks-I think it's important to be able to have several looks for versatility.

01-02-2006
backstage pass

i definately have the 'signature look' that i wear when i want to do something quick that i know will look good....(foundation, MAC 'woodwinked' shadow on top and bottom lids, thick black liquid liner on top lid, and a touch of mascara on top and bottom lashes, and a nude shimmery lip for day, a red lip for a dramatic/night look.)

but depending on where i'm going and the time i have to get ready, i will switch it up with different colors.. or draw on 'doll' lashes on the bottom lid with my liquid eyeliner (i get tons of compliments when i do this..), make the lines thicker, or go for a more smoky eye look...
so i do have a staple look... but i play around with it...
and i can't lie. sometimes i just wear mascara and clear gloss... and nothing else, when i can't be bothered..

Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
I also tend a bit to wear some staples during the week and be more creative when i go out.

What i do is to create the staples ill be wearing per season, i choose some items that i keep separate from the rest of the makeup to be more fuss free when i do makeup in the morning.

These items i keep in a small box in the bathroom and the rest stays in the dressing room together with the tons of other makeup products! :p
That ^ would pretty much be my reply as well

pinterest : hanneonpin
01-02-2006
front row

i change my eyeshadows according to the style and color am wearing..mm i like to play up with eyeshadows and liqiud eyeliner when am in the mood!
and i love to mix lipgloss colors and make a unique new color

usually day make up is no foundation for me unless i need to use some to hide pimples..
night make up is foundation,eyeshadow liner lipgloss maybe some cute stuff like small star stickers if am goin out for a dance or something.
HEy golden butterfly i also looove to get my eid outfit ready before time and look all glamed up for it

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
change, makeup