How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-08-2005
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleChic
Good post! I know it's a bit old now, but I just found it, and it was so helpful. I'm 14, and I just recently started wearing perfume (Givenchy Simply Irrisistible). I love the scent, but I could never get the perfume scent to stay. Now I know why: Someone once told me that to invigorate the scent more that you have to rub your wrists together after you apply it. I was starting to think that was total bull, because it wasn't doing any good, and now I know it was doing the exact opposite Someone got their facts mixed up. I should try putting it on the inside of my elbows, too.
Does anyone know if it matters how dark your skin tone is to how long it lasts?
What I think can make a difference is your ... surface temperature? I have below-normal internal temperature, but my skin is warm. This means I need to use less perfume, and it also seems to last longer. I kind of doubt this factor is related to skin tone, more perhaps to skin sensitivity which is related (I have been told) to how close to the surface your blood vessels are. I suppose there could be a correlation to skintone somehow ... fwiw (I suspect very little ), my skin is quite fair.

25-08-2005
Stitch:the Hand

Actually,aromatherapists say that if you rub the scent with your hand instead of the wrists together,the scent will last longer. It seems to work for me so I've got in the habit of doing it this way.

25-08-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
depends on the skin type. Some skins (like mine) just don't hold perfume, and that's all there is to it.

Totally, that's me. I have pretty dry skin, so ... so much for me holding perfume for more than thirty or so minutes.

25-08-2005
front row

Wow.
I didnt know about the different concentrations.
Thanks for that.

26-08-2005
V.I.P.

I smell my parfume for hours, but I think I'm the only one...

Where is problem? Is it possible that I somehow absorb it?

20-09-2005
windowshopping

Soul is for me
I just started using a new perfume- Soul by Curve. This is the first perfume in a LONG time that I've used a cologne or perfume and can still smell it on me at the end of the day. I love it- it's so refreshing and sophisticated.

I've heard that all colognes and perfumes mix differently with each person's chemical makeup. Somehow Soul has certainly meshed with me and I'm not going to stop using it anytime soon No more body sprays for me.

20-09-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

If that whole pulse-points jazz works, then why not apply to the neck? The carotid is the largest surface artery.

backstage pass

i think people do apply it to their necks. i know i do.

i put scent on as a lotion, and then apply to wrists and body. not usually on clothes, but it depends on the scent.

scents have notes that are unveiled over time. the top notes are the first ones you smell, and the mid- and base notes "show up" a bit later. many perfumes are made to disappear quickly, to smell good on paper strips in the mall - but not to develop throughout the course of a day. which may be why they don't last all day.

do yourself a favor and try a classic perfume, like one of the guerlains, or "paris" by ysl!

www.osmos.com is a great site for fragrance info.

Last edited by meme527; 20-09-2005 at 10:34 PM.
21-09-2005
backstage pass

I usually apply it to my wrists and neck (meaning 4 sprays, 2 on the wrists, 2 on the neck), but another way to do it is spray into the air a few times, then walk through the mist of perfume. Will make the bottle last a lot less longer though

V.I.P.

the www.osmos.com doesn't work....

thank you all for your tips

21-09-2005
urd
tfs star

I apply one to wrist and one to neck. I've become more careful on how much I put it on. I don't want to smell too much..

21-09-2005
backstage pass

the link for fragrance info is actually

http://www.osmoz.com/

sorry - typo.

22-09-2005
V.I.P.

Thank you that is a great site!!!

28-12-2008
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

i usually do only one mist. either above my head or at chest level so it gets in my hair...i usually do this. when i want it more subtle i'll dot some on wrists or each side of neck.

im always paranoid of wearing too much perfume!
i like my other products to be either neutral scented or fragrance free, i dont like smelling like a million different things.

28-12-2008
In Bloom

I put Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse on my pulse points and then spray perfume shortly after. I have the driest of dry skin, this seems to help. My cousin uses Vaseline instead.

we were in love

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
effectively, perfume