How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-04-2008
scenester

how to stop feet from sweating?
i hope this is the right place to ask this i am kinda dreading the summer once more because i feel very uncomfortable wearing open shoes or even pumps and ballerinas because my feet are starting to sweat in them. it is probably normal and everyone has it (it is not extreme and my feet don't smell at all) but i am still feeling uncomfortable. do you have any tips how to prevent this or deal with it? maybe now it is increased because whenever i am wearing open shoes i am thinking about it...

i really hope this doesn't sound totally stupid

23-04-2008
& b

take this tip from fran drescher on the nanny:

if you wear real leather your feet won't sweat!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u8Sdry6sYvg

it's true, at least for me, because i only wear real leather shoes and i've never had a problem.

tfs star

^I've actually heard that a few times before.

front row

the video doesn't work!

23-04-2008
windowshopping

Put some baby powder (or any foot powder) on your feet and in your shoes. It will soak up the excess moisture.

23-04-2008
tfs star

Your condition is very common (although, many don't talk about it because they feel embarrassed). You may be suffering from hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). Try searching the net for treatment options (some are as easy as applying antiperspirants overnight).

BTW, if hyperhidrosis is what causing you to perspire, wearing real leather shoes won't help that much - your feet will still sweat.

23-04-2008
trendsetter

First off, don't wear shoes with synthetic materials. Wood, leather, linen, cotton hybrids are all good.

There's some good footcare (Dr. Scholls is well known) products available at pharmacies that minimize sweating.

If the problem persists, you must go to a dermatologist to see if you really do have hyperhidrosis. A common solution is to get botox shots on the soles of your feet to stop the sweating - sounds strange, I know, but that's one of the original uses of botox. If it's a medical condition, chances are that your health insurance will cover some, if not all, of the cost.

23-04-2008
& b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylonbits View Post
the video doesn't work!
click on menu and then copy the url to the clipboard. it won't play on tfs but it plays thru the url just fine.

tfs star

Put clear antiperspirant on your feet. Or if your feet sweat a *lot* put Certain Dri (it's a heavy-duty antiperspirant) on your soles before you go to bed every night. The next day, they won't sweat.

23-04-2008
scenester

There are little shoe pads that you can get from shoes stores that prevent your feet from sliding to the front of your heels. That always helps me because that is the most annoying part..your toes sliding over the edge of your shoes...embarrasing!

26-04-2008
scenester

thank you all so much for your tips! i don't think that i have hyperhidrosis, as my feet mostly just sweat when i am wearing such shoes and then not always. maybe by now i am having such bad experiences with open shoes that i automatically think "oh **** i am going to sweat" and yeah....and i don't think they are leather either, i dunno what material :/ as a student i pretty much go for cheap shoes....

22-05-2008
front row

i have the same problem. i have those pads, which help but as soon as my feet begin to sweat i start having problems and start sliding. help me out plz.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
feet, stop, sweating