If money was no object - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
06-11-2008
backstage pass

If money was no object
What products and treatments would correct skin damage and give PERFECT skin? I need a breakthrough!

06-11-2008
fashion elite

To be honest the perfect skin saving routine for me is practically free; it is a cut of hot water with a little squeeze of lemon first thing every morning.

trendsetter

it is not about money, it is about what would work for your skin.
but if i have $$$ to blow on my skin, i would like to try la mer face cream.

In Bloom

I'd get peels every 6 months, buy a sunscreen for everyday wear and the P50 from Biologique-Reserche. Not that it costs a fortune, I'm just broke right now

we were in love

08-11-2008
trendsetter

I would visit two or three well-respected dermatologists to discuss which professional treatments would benefit my skin the most. And if something appealed to me and sounded right, I would get the treatment, of course! It's great to be rich...

Seriously though, there have been lots of breakthroughs in skincare in recent years; you didn't specify what kind of skin damage you want to repair, but if you're in despair, seek out a consultation from a highly rated dermatologist in your area. At the very least, you'll get an idea of what options are available to you, even if you can't afford the treatments. And many people don't know that certain skin ailments are partially to fully covered by medical insurance in some countries.

09-11-2008
V.I.P.

Kanebo Sensai entire line
Natura Bisse entire line
ReVive entire line
Sisley entire line

10-11-2008
backstage pass

^ Is Sisley really that amazing? Have you ever tried it?

V.I.P.

I have used their cleansing milks and a few masks. Both were fabulous. Their Sisleya cream has been one of the top selling luxury creams for years...I've never tried it though, although I think a lot of these creams that are $300 and up arent much of anything, and they're always fragranced, except Natura Bisse uses very little.
I have the La Prairie Luxe Caviar Cream, for example, and I rarely use it! Because it actually feels drying on my skin even though it feels lovely smoothing it on. They're for old ladies who have tons of money to throw around!
Biologique-Recherche is best, and Natura Bisse, both fragrance-free and effective and have affordable to moderately-expensive products. Oh and SK-II for their masks...drenched in radiance!

Last edited by LetThemEatCake; 10-11-2008 at 11:43 PM.
10-11-2008
backstage pass

I love SK-II! If you know someone in Asia, you should definitely get them to buy it for you, it's a lot cheaper! Biologique-Recherche smells so horrible though.

V.I.P.

Rats! I know someone who just got back like last night from Asia. I want a lifetime supply of their masks that have the cut outs for your eyes and nostrils, that you lay over your face, drenched in the "pitera".

Biologique smells horrible to people at first and then they get used to it, and going to something like La Prairie if you alternate (I do) you tell the difference in how the cream lays on your face, if it absorbs, and La Prairie is heavy, and their Nurturing Redness Cream is nice, but I like their creams at night only, too heavy for day, you end up looking greasy.
Biologique-Recherche's creams absorb nicely and still your skin is soft and comfortable and moist all day. And its really the stinky yeast masks and some of the P50V's (a roommate said it smelled like batteries, or something to clean with) that have a signature smell, just the ingredients, no fragrance whatsoever. It's more effective! And I dont think you end up smelling of the product throughout the day, however, once at the gym when I was doing cardio, I began to smell the P50.

11-11-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato. View Post
^ Is Sisley really that amazing? Have you ever tried it?
It really is!! Except I never buy their stuff...only ever used samples, it's exy.
SK-II masks are great too.
But if money really were no drawback I'd spend my days beauty salons and health spas
For example whenever I have a massage, (back, legs, whatever) it makes my skin GLOW. My face is all fluffy and new. It must release something in my body or get the circulation flowing more effectively. A massage doesn't cost the earth, but doing it all the time would. Facials are great too..but get a good one. I mean, research the salons in your area and what products they use etc.

Just really indulge yourself. Eat fresh fruit and veg (always buy the best quality) food is as much as an investment as skin care. Exercise is great for the skin also. Relaxation too. Yoga and sleep sleep sleep.

The last part I highlighted won't cost the earth, but don't overlook it! Miracles don't always come in a jar of cream

Last edited by nangnangnj; 11-11-2008 at 01:44 AM.
11-11-2008
little soul

I would get a nutritionist to help me figure out what my body needs to be its healthiest and most productive, as well as a personal trainer to get fit & be happier.

Then I would get Natura Bisse facials as often as necessary, as well as the entire product line I need at that moment - especially the peels

I'd also get lots of body treatments, scrubs & massages to keep my skin looking nice because it's so easy to ignore when you live in a colder climate and are covered up most of the time. As well as pedicures...manicures are nice but it's harder to get the salon finish yourself for your feet. But since money is no object...manicures too please!

I could make a wish list a mile long

trendsetter

Quote:
I would get a nutritionist to help me figure out what my body needs to be its healthiest and most productive, as well as a personal trainer to get fit & be happier.
Long term health is more important to be. I would love a nutritionist and a personal trainer to kick my butt. I want to feel healthier on the inside first.

16-11-2008
V.I.P.

I would get Christine Chin facials once a week! LOL

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
money, object