How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-08-2010
front row

Thank you very much for you help and the links flyme2themoon! Karma.

19-01-2011
don't look down

Their new collection - she looks like a character from a playing card come to life (temptalia.com):

Quote:
Illamasqua Throb Collection

Cult British beauty brand Illamasqua invites you to step into a world where your heart will race and your pulse quicken. Inspired by your Alter Ego’s inner depths of desire, and in celebration of Saint Valentine, the new Throb Collection consists of three new Nail Varnish shades, an Intense Lipgloss and a blood red Lipstick.

Nail Varnish (£13.50)
  • Load Rich cream
  • Scorn Midnight matt
  • Throb Powerful red
Intense Lipgloss (£13.00)
  • Succubus Seductive red
Lipstick (£15.50)
  • Sangers Blood red
Availability: The Throb collection is available from January 17th 2011 in Illamasqua’s Flagship Store, Selfridges London, Manchester, Birmingham, Fenwick Newcastle, Debenhams Glasgow, Belfast, Cardiff and online at www.illamasqua.com.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Illamasqua.jpg (134.3 KB, 3 views)

backstage pass

It's barely a collection is it??? Thats a disappointment, a couple of lip products and some nail varnish...

20-01-2011
fashion icon

My sister is obsessed with their nail polish, which has in turn gotten me obsessed. They make a really awesome neon yellow nail polish (it doesn't sound like it would look good but it surprisingly does).

V.I.P.

the new ad is so gorgeous. i'm going to check my local sephora to see if they carry this line. the prices seem reasonable based on sephoras listed prices.

rising star

I want the Red Succumbus Lipgloss such a vivid color of red.

16-05-2011
don't look down

Two new shades of nail polish (temptalia.com):

Quote:
Illamasqua Gamma Nail Varnish ($14.00 for 0.5 fl. oz.) is described as a “neon orange.” They really mean neon, too, because this is a medium-dark, neon orange–it’s traffic cone orange, construction orange, whatever you want to call it–it’s bright and in-your-face orange. It’s opaque in nearly one coat, though I did two for swatches, and it dries to this pleather-like finish–a little shiny, kind of matte, but not quite. The finish reminded me of Orly’s Plastix, though Gamma is more neon and deeper than Orly’s Old School Orange. Illamasqua’s formula is richly pigmented, smooth, and easy to apply. I typically get a full week of wear with Illamasqua Nail Varnishes with minimal tip wear and no chips.
Quote:
Illamasqua Bacterium Nail Varnish ($14.00 for 0.5 fl. oz.) is described as an “opalescent beige” with a shimmer finish. It is a really intriguing shade, and I think those who tend to collect nail polishes may appreciate this shade in particular. It’s just weird–in a good way–it’s this cross of green, beige, and brown with threads of silver and iridescent opal. The base color reminds me most of khaki–brown with this murkiness–but the way the opal shimmers and reflects light adds interest to the shade.

Illamasqua’s formula is richly pigmented, smooth, and easy to apply. I did notice very slight brush strokes in the finish under really bright light–the kind common in more metallic finished polishes. Bacterium was opaque in two coats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ill Gamma 1.jpg (63.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ill Gamma 2.jpg (122.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ill Bac 1.jpg (64.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ill Bac 2.jpg (142.9 KB, 0 views)

In Bloom

Love Gamma. It's a bit more yellow than a YSL orange np I have.

we were in love

23-07-2011
rising star

can anyone help me with their cream eyeshadows? mine never stays on, even with primer or some powder on top!

rising star

I've only tried the Skin Base foundation so far, and while the shade is too light for my skin right now (I seem to have gotten a tan against my will and efforts to avoid it), I love it- the consistency is great- it's easy to apply and you can't feel that you have foundation on, the coverage is perfect- medium, but buildable, and the staying power is impressive. I wish it had built-in sun protection though, Illamasqua wanted it to photograph perfectly, thus they didn't add spf etc.

It comes in at least 18 different shades, which I appreciate, I often find it hard to find the perfect shade among the limited selection at Norwegian makeup counters- but when choosing a shade, be aware that this foundation doesn't oxidize (is that the right word in english? on the skin after a while, and end up a shade darker than when first applied after half an hour, like my foundations from Guerlain and Dior tend to do. Skin Base give the finish you expect from the bottle and stays that way.

Last edited by Ethereal; 25-07-2011 at 07:09 AM.
25-07-2011
rising star

Uhhm, I actually forgot that I've also tried a brush, the Blush Brush 2: (photo from Illamasqua.com)

This is a synthetic, angled brush that works perfectly for precisely applying very pigmented blush or countour powder. It's super soft, hasn't shed a single hair, keeps its shape wash after wash (gotta love synthetic brushes), and the bristles are shaped just right, and the size of the brush head is...can I use the word "perfect" yet again?

I desperately want to try the powder blush, the loose and the pressed powder, and the lipsticks too.

Last edited by Ethereal; 25-07-2011 at 07:19 AM.
26-07-2011
front row

^that brush looks great!

rising star

i wonder if it's as big as my blush brush, otherwise i need it!

In Bloom

Adding SPF to a foundation is meaningless. It doesn't protect you from the sun for more than 1-2 hours, and hardly that - you'd need to use a lot even to do that. Plus it photographs really awful. It does sound like a lovely foundation

we were in love

27-07-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
Adding SPF to a foundation is meaningless. It doesn't protect you from the sun for more than 1-2 hours, and hardly that - you'd need to use a lot even to do that. Plus it photographs really awful. It does sound like a lovely foundation
Really? I wasn't aware of this- I thought my foundation with spf 25 provided me with enough protection even during summer (especially rainy Norwegian summers), I've been skipping additional sun protecting products. I'll add proper sun screen to my morning regime now, thank you!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
illamasqua, makeup