How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-12-2010
rising star

What I love the most about LRP is how clean their products are. I mean, I love fragances and all, but I don't think it's soemthing that would benefit your skin, I don't think it would harm it either, but for sensitive skins, like mine,staying away from fragances in facial skin care products is a good idea. It's weird because for body skincare I have little to no problem with fragances but for facial skincare I do...

Anyway, back to LRP: I've tried several of their products and had, overall, good experiences with them. I used heir SPF moisturizer Hydraphase in both textures (XL and legere) and they're great! Although after using them for some time (maybe after a year or so) I started feeling like they didn't absorb well into my skin, ie. my skin felt dehydrated and looked dull, even though it was soft to the touch. Also, after sometime I began having some sort of reaction to it. If I ran my hand down my cheeks or across my forehead the moisturizer would sort of peel off. I had the same reaction when I used a Vichy SPF moisturizer, and I've come to the conclusion that the problem might be the SPF in these products, although when I wear regular sunblock this doesn't happen

I've also used the Anthelios SPF 50 sunblock and it has worked great for me. I hate to wear sunblock on my face because I don't like my skin feeling clammy (which is the best word I came up to describing how my skin feels when I use some sonblocks :p) I purchased the fliud texture which is for combination skin, I think. I have normal to dry skin so I wear a moisturizer underneath it and the combination of fluid sunblock+moisturizer works well. I tried putting the Anthelios sunblock without moisturizer and while it didn't dry out my skin, my skin did feel a bit tight, even at the end of the day.

Recently I purchased the Rosaliac micellar (sp?) gel. The Rosaliac line is meant for skin prone to redness or with rosacea. I don't have rosacea but due to stress and enviormental pullution and allergies, I guess, my skin was extremely irritated and red; it itched and stung! Anyway, bottom line, this gel is really soothing, it feels slightly cool on the skin which is great. It cleanses well, leaves my face soft and supple. Although, as I feel it happens with other non-rinse products, it might leave some residue on the skin, ie. when I use a toner the cotton pad has some residue on it, I'm guessing is the gel, and not dirt. I love this gel, it's a nice, frsh texture and does what it says. I'd definitely recommend this for sensitive, dry to normal skin, haven't got a clue whether it improves rosacea, though.

All and all, I'd recommend LRP products to almost anyone, they're safe for most skintypes, work well, and aren't extremely expensive, which is a good thing

30-08-2011
front row

Lately I've been using the vitamin C eye cream Toleraine face cream and I'm loving them!

31-08-2011
.my prison is your brain.

^ Good to know about the eye cream. I've been using the Toleriane Soothing Protective Care moisturizer lately, is that the one you use, or the Toleriane Riche? I love it. It melts right into the skin, unlike other brands which I find too thick for my 20-something skin. Hasn't irritated my uber-sensitive skin at all.

I am tempted to try one of their cleansers, anyone have any feedback on them?

31-08-2011
tfs star

I just finished my third tube of Anthelios SPF 50 cream, it's nice and moisturizing and doesn't break me out, but I'm getting sick and tired of how it balls up into little crumbles on your skin. Plus, it's far less effective than the Lancome SPF 50 I used to use, but which is hella expensive and also unavailable here in France.

I also like their Lipikar body cream.

31-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande View Post
I just finished my third tube of Anthelios SPF 50 cream, it's nice and moisturizing and doesn't break me out, but I'm getting sick and tired of how it balls up into little crumbles on your skin. Plus, it's far less effective than the Lancome SPF 50 I used to use, but which is hella expensive and also unavailable here in France.

I also like their Lipikar body cream.
that has happened with every moisturizer i use inexpensive or not. i'm not sure its avoidable.

V.I.P.

i use a lot of LRP creams.
Toleriane, finished first tube then switched to Substiane
Cicaplast for my csection scar.

Substiane is too shiny for me, has anyone else tried it? what do you think?

07-09-2011
windowshopping

I really love Effaclar cleasing gel (ever since I started using this one, no zits would pop up on my face. this product works amazingly – at least for me – and definitely is worth every cent) and their Nutritic chapstick (I first used it after a 12 hour flight to Paris, my lips were all cracked, never felt worse. I didn't know about this product and the pharmacist recommended this one. It would heal any cracks on my lips almost instantly. I don't find it for sale in any pharmacy where I live, although we got every other Roche-Posay product, so nowadays I only use this product when no other thing would fix – and for me it works far better than any Nivea, for instance, chapstick… what are pretty good too).

From everything I have used from them, there's only one Roche-Posay product that I've got mixed feelings about. My dermatologist recommended me Anthelios (FPS40) sunscreen and I can't lie: I wouldn't get any signs of acne scarring when I'm using this one BUT this formula feels quite greasy – even though I think it is oil free. My skin is sometimes oily and sometimes dry and it sucks that I just can use it when my skin is quite dry – in this case it even hydrates my skin – but when my skin is with a oily behaviour, it would give me such a greasy look.

31-07-2013
tfs star

I know I'm a bit late to the party... I've heard so many amazing things about Serozinc and Caroline Hirons also raves about the stuff. Does anyone here use it? I just stock up on it (I think it's only available in France) and I'm very curious how this will work on me.

06-08-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miwi View Post
I know I'm a bit late to the party... I've heard so many amazing things about Serozinc and Caroline Hirons also raves about the stuff. Does anyone here use it? I just stock up on it (I think it's only available in France) and I'm very curious how this will work on me.
Didn't seem to do much for my skin, it's supposed to be purifying and calming, but it's just salty water, doesn't make skin better or worse, so... Couldn't even finish the whole can since it's essentially useless, and I got it because it seemed to have legion of loyal users. Probably because of the limited availability. Meh... I like Vichy thermal water best (tried LRP, Avene, Bioderma, Uriage), it kinda does take the redness away a bit after a peel and adds a bit moisture under a moisturizer, but it's no miracle worker anyway. Avene takes second place.

windowshopping

I quite like their BB cream, its one of the only ones ive seen that is light enough for my pale skin.

19-09-2013
tfs star

My current skin care routine consists of mostly LRP products and I'm extremely happy with all of them. Well, normally I don't like alcohol-based toners/anything, but Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion contains glycerin straight after alcohol denat which makes it not overly drying. Most often I use it as a spot treatment (as needed) anyway.

25-09-2013
rising star

I have just switched to all LRP Toleriane routine and my "adult acne" has cleared up!

I have had it for about a year and using anti acne products on it until someone mentioned it looked like an allergic reaction.

Within a week of LRP it has cleared up! Love it.

even the sunscreen didn't break me out

25-10-2013
tfs star

Effaclar Duo is great, I'm on my third tube now (I don't use it every day though) but I want to try something new. I'm thinking about Effaclar A.I. or Effaclar K, but I haven't decided yet. Have you tried any of the two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoflight View Post
Didn't seem to do much for my skin, it's supposed to be purifying and calming, but it's just salty water, doesn't make skin better or worse, so...
I love this stuff! I've been using Serozinc as a toner, make-up setting spray, it's also great for after waxing. It even helped me when I burnt my fingers!

28-10-2013
rising star

has anyone tried Redermic (R)?

I have super sensitive skin and the website makes it sound like it is for deep wrinkles (I am 27 so after brighten/ smoothing )

Just wondering whether is is worth trying

08-09-2014
V.I.P.

I was recommended Activ C cream, has anyone tried it? did you see improvements?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
la, rocheposay