How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-01-2008
backstage pass

I wish I could say lipstick, but I have yet to find one that does not severely dry out my lips and chapped lips with lipstick looks really disgusting. So lip gloss for me, although I agree it is usually too sticky and it is very annoying if your hair blows in it. Especially if you wear glasses and your lip-gloss-covered hair then gets blown onto them.

18-01-2008
backstage pass

I use both, but I prefer lipstick and use it more often. The problem with glosses is that they catch a lot of attention and, in my opinion, they make me a teenager look. I also feel that lipstick with a bit of lipbalm makes my lips look fuller than gloss, and, well, the effect looks much better. And there's the problem of stickiness too... So I vote for lipstick!

18-01-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil View Post
Is there a lipgloss that isn't sticky? What's the name of the product that gives me that "glossy" look without the stickiness?
Eau de Gloss, Bourjois . With 14% of water. You just don't feel it. But some people were complaining (my mom for example) about drying your lips, but I didn't have this problem.

[bourjois.usa]

20-01-2008
front row

I wear both layered on top of each other, or I use one or the other. Just depends what I see first when I look into my bag.

20-01-2008
V.I.P.

I've worn gloss for forever (I've only used lipstick a handful of times), but I'm starting realize maybe it doesn't look as great as I initially thought. I have really full lips so gloss can look sloppy quite easily I think a super moisturizing/creamy lip balm is best.

21-01-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil View Post
Is there a lipgloss that isn't sticky? What's the name of the product that gives me that "glossy" look without the stickiness?
I love the Chanel glossimers but I received a Too Faced gloss and I have to say it stayed on very long and wasn't sticky or extremely shiny.

21-01-2008
V.I.P.

gloss
votes for chanel, l'oreal, deborah and pupa
and lancome
well, i am gloss girl, i love them all... VS also....

21-01-2008
windowshopping

For the last few months lipstick and lipgloss have been hand-in-hand for me, can't wear one without the other! Love pairing Lancome Color Fever 312 (pink in the limo) with Chanel glossimer 105 for a pink look or MAC Lady Bug with MAC Venetian lustreglass for a hot red lip!

21-01-2008
fashion elite

Lipgloss does nothing for me , it doesnt really enhance your face anyhow IMO
Lipstick on the other hand brightens your whole face and can make anyone look prettier/healthier

22-01-2008
backstage pass

How do you lot put gloss on top of lipstick without the lipstick dripping off? Whenever I have tried that the lipstick and gloss has become some runny liquid mess similar to honey and it looked like my lips were melting off of my face. Oh, and I didn't put much gloss on at all, either.

Last edited by Eurasian Mélange; 22-01-2008 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something.
23-01-2008
scenester

^ my issue with using the two together is more of the lipstick staining the gloss applicator and making it yucky

23-01-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by °Isa View Post
Eau de Gloss, Bourjois . With 14% of water. You just don't feel it. But some people were complaining (my mom for example) about drying your lips, but I didn't have this problem.
[bourjois.usa]
Thanks!
i'm already at sephora.com now, i think i'll be getting one (try out if it's good), which colour do you recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachwife6 View Post
I love the Chanel glossimers but I received a Too Faced gloss and I have to say it stayed on very long and wasn't sticky or extremely shiny.
Thanks. I think i'll go test it out at the Chanel counter one of these days.

25-01-2008
Spring of Córdoba

lipstick for sure
i hate shiny lips

scenester

I'm definitely a lipstick girl - there is something that is just so...elegant about lipstick that lipgloss just can't match. I also tend to prefer matte/stain type colors too, and lipstick just lasts longer (seriously, I feel like I need to reapply gloss every 15 minutes, and my hair sticks to it when its windy - and I live in Chicago, so that is often).

Nars is my favorite - amazing quality and colors (here's a good review - http://www.3luxe.com/best_ofs/Lipstick/NARS_Lipstick). Afghan Red and Spanish Red are great when you want a dramatic look; Schiap is also fun (but I'm a little obsessed with Schiaperelli and her signature shocking pink).

I tend to stick with balm when I don't want bold lips, though - my lipcolor preferences are all or nothing.

28-01-2008
V.I.P.

I used to love gloss...but I hated the way it looked in photos (v.shiny!) so have recently become a lipstick convert

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gloss, lipstick