How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-09-2006
backstage pass

L'Occitane
hi,

since iv tried some of their stuff from the shea butter range (hand cream, pure shea butter, and nail and cuticel cream) and i really cant stop going back to the store even if they dont have anythign new, simply i got hooked

so , let's talk everything L'occitane.. love them? hate'em?
write your reviews about anything you tried\sampled before,
had a bad experice with anything? recommend something u like?

the website: http://www.loccitane.com/
you can either shop online through the their site or sephora.com

22-09-2006
backstage pass

i have personally never tried them..

i would really like for ppl to poste their opinions and personal opinions on this brand...

i was watching QVC today, and they had a L'occitane hour...and when ppl called in, they just didnt seem too excited about the products, and they were old useres..

so whats there to get excited about?

Nyx
front row

I've never bought their products, but my mum is a huge fan. She gave me some samples, and I'm afraid I'll have to go out and buy their Honey face cream. It was absolutely lovely for my pale, sensitive skin. It evened out my skintone and felt sooo soothing Besides, the packaging in L'Occitane products is really beautiful and I've often been tempted to buy something just to decorate my bathroom!

Oops, I surfed their site a bit and now I think I really need to go shopping today

23-09-2006
backstage pass

I've tried their shea butter ultra rich shampoo & conditioner, it was good and made my hair very soft. I also bought their pure shea butter but I haven't used it yet.

23-09-2006
fashion insider

I've bought a couple of things from L'Occitane....love earthiness of the ingredients and the packaging is so pretty!

I have the immortelle brightening cleansing foam and I love it. It really brightens my skin and I actually like it more than my DiorSnow.
I also have the immortelle brightening moisturizer that is nice as well.
My mom has the precious liquid and I've tried it and like it too (though I don't have any wrinkles, so I can't tell if it works or not).

Anyway, I highly recommend the L'Occitane line. I'm always looking at their website to see what new items they've come up with

V.I.P.

I love their foot cream, tinted lip balm and olive/mud peeling!
I can't wait to go to France in October and buy some of their stuff again since it's always so much cheaper there.

|/mirror queen\|

L´Occitane is just lovely! ...to bad that is so expensive though.
The packaging is so beautiful.

My bf gave me the Verbena perfume and the Verbena shower gel and both were just fantastic.
I´ve had samples from various other things, the shea butter face cream was v. good.

I read once a review (from a supposed body lotion addict) on the Almond body cream saying that is just one of the best. It doesn´t surprise me, it looks just fabulous!

backstage pass

Tatika i know what u mean, the quality and the whole "classic" packaging concept using tins and organic stuff is def. what made most of them fans!!
the 100% pure shea butter is a must have, every girl has to have it!!
works great as a lip balm, hand\nail and cuticle cream(esp at night since it's thick, but you'll loooove the results) and i know some ladies with v. dry hair swear by it as a scalp moisturizer!!
love vanilla? you have to try their vanilla parfait body cream, it has pure vanilla extracts-which u can actually see- they do help to lock the moisture and makes the smell lingers more the SA told me once, the bottle is nice, very antique looking but so so heavy

i have a coupla samples of the almond firming face mask(or something like that im not sure?) ill try it today and we'll let u know what happens :p

picture: loccitane.com

23-09-2006
front row

I love L'Occitane and use lots of their products from different ranges.
They just introduced a limited edition lavender and blackberry body care range and it is wonderful. The shops are beautiful and, the day I was there indulging in the Lavender Harvest, they were doing hand massage and it was lovely.

I also love the honey range. It is especially wonderful in the winter. The Immortelle eye balm is really good. I also use the Olive Express Eye Treatment. Their bath sugar cubes are wonderful too.

I love the packaging and have bought lots of fragrance to make my bedroom beautiful too. I like shopping on their site as well. They often have free gifts or specials and they have samples as well.

I also like that the founder Olivier Baussun helps the blind with a program that brings the world of fragrance to those who cannot see.

L'Occitane bring the spirit of the Mediterranean to the world. These are the ETERNAL gifts of the earth.

Last edited by Ariadne38; 23-09-2006 at 05:56 PM.
26-09-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla fairy
Tatika i know what u mean, the quality and the whole "classic" packaging concept using tins and organic stuff is def. what made most of them fans!!
the 100% pure shea butter is a must have, every girl has to have it!!
works great as a lip balm, hand\nail and cuticle cream(esp at night since it's thick, but you'll loooove the results) and i know some ladies with v. dry hair swear by it as a scalp moisturizer!!
love vanilla? you have to try their vanilla parfait body cream, it has pure vanilla extracts-which u can actually see- they do help to lock the moisture and makes the smell lingers more the SA told me once, the bottle is nice, very antique looking but so so heavy

http://usa.loccitane.com/img/product/215/24CP200VN.jpg

i have a coupla samples of the almond firming face mask(or something like that im not sure?) ill try it today and we'll let u know what happens :p

picture: loccitane.com
Sephora carries it, dont they? might just stop by Sephora this weekend..

Last edited by jennifer~; 02-10-2006 at 08:55 PM.
30-09-2006
V.I.P.

Well, from a man's perspective I'll also add that L'Occitane is pretty fabulous!

As was mentioned already, the packaging is really wonderful and you just WANT to buy their products because of it.

I have used the Olive facial mask, and it left my skin with a really matte, soft finish. Very nice.

I have been using a Malin+Goetz body moisturizer during the summer, but now that the weather is getting a bit cooler, I'll be back to my Almond body moisturizer from L'Occitane. Also, really love the Honey, Royal Jelly and Propolis "Massage Nectar".

The precious liquid I only had as a sample, and to be honest, I had no idea what it was supposed to be. Is this used as a replacement to moisturizer or as an addition to your normal skincare regime?

Their handcream is FAR AND AWAY better than any other that I've tried. They all have amazing smells and are just pure Heaven.

I used their verbena original "Soap on a Rope" for a while, too. Smelled like fresh citrus. Actually, it reminded me of Comme des Garcons fragrance, Citrico.

Anyway -- there's my input. Bottom line: I'm a big fan of their stuff!

backstage pass

I like so much L'Occitane, I've discovered it in Paris and now they sell it also in Italy, so happy!
I simply love the Shea Butter Hand Cream, in the winter it's the best! I've tried also the Orange gel bath, is so nice! I would like to try on of their body scrub, have you some advices???
I agree with you all, the packaging is so nice, and in Paris there are a lot of shops just with L'Occitane, and they are so kind!

02-10-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I mostly just know of their candles.

I actually received a bottle of their body lotion in the mail the other day... from an Allure sweepstakes/contest I entered back in August... it was a pleasant surprise.

02-10-2006
backstage pass

their face massager is a product from heaven, i just looooooove it
kinda like a home facial..
another heavenly product is the vanilla perfumed body milk from the vanilla line, it smells really cute like.. the creamy kind of vanilla u know, not much like the rest of the line.... i guess this is why they discontinued it
but thakfully i managed to get me the last bottole that was in the shop.. the SA didn't tell me that it's discontinued but i figure that out since i can't seem to find it anywhere even online..
(excuse the crappy quality of the pics and lighting, took them on my night stand)

02-10-2006
backstage pass

*the photos belong to the pervious post, they didn't show up

Quote:
I also like that the founder Olivier Baussun helps the blind with a program that brings the world of fragrance to those who cannot see.
couldn't agree more, they also had(or still have not sure) a range that comlpletley funds a charity place for blind ppl
Tatika i believe they do, don't forget to tell what u get

Heri sorry im no help when it comes to their scrubs, haven't tried them yet, but u should tell us when u do!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S3010462.jpg (99.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg S3010465.jpg (151.1 KB, 0 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
loccitane