How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-04-2005
scenester

I've got a question, does someone of you know that
i.d. bareMinerals Foundation?

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...tegoryId=C7010

Apparently it's one of the best sold products on Sephora.com and the description sounds quite interesting! and since i'm going to the States next week, i'm interested in buying it.

I'm usually using the Dior Foundation but i want to try something new. I quite like it because it covers redness and spots on my lame puberal blemish skin X( but i think it's kind of too heavy for summer.

17-04-2005
rising star

the i.d. bareminerals are very nice. less is more though when you use them. if you put too much on, it tends to look a bit cakey, but a very light layer when you want minimal coverage is very natural.

27-04-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego
Anyone have any tips for African American glow? The silver stuff doesnt work for me
ive got tan/olive skin and i use revlon Skin Lights, and theres a deeper brown shade too that would probably work for you too!

05-05-2005
scenester

Which would be better for highlighting cheeks and inner corners of eyes? Benefit Moon Beam or High Beam? I'm asian with MAC NC20 colorings...

17-05-2005
rising star

Originally Posted by SanDiego
Anyone have any tips for African American glow? The silver stuff doesnt work for me

As Weoui has said skinlights is a very nice one, make my face look a bit too greasy as I have oily skin... I use a light layer of Cargo' s Miami Beach Blush. Very nice

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Amber
I would help, give some advice or even name various products that work, but I have no idea how to achieve "glowing, healthy skin". I wish I knew.I would think there's some good face wash, or a mask and then lotion to use....but, I don't know.
my favorite recommendations for 'glowy' skin are: the Earth Science brand herbal tonic mist , it has a great set of ingredients (hyaluronic acid which is super hydrating, for example), it really does make my skin glow when I use it daily. And also I've been taking evening primrose oil with zinc, every day, and I see a huge huge improvement. And also good cleansing has made a difference (I use the bliss spa milky cleanser, and also their steep clean).

31-05-2005
backstage pass

Makeup-wise - Bobbi Brown shimmerbricks are the best

Lifestyle-wise - more sleep, good skincare
Also quit the smoking, drastic dieting or stupid food plans

07-06-2005
front row

Yes, I like bobbi brown, it's really natural. You don't need corrections if you apply the liquid foundation, but it's light foundation..., you will feel good coverage without cakey ....

I tried also Clarins beauty flash balm...., and yes you'll get the glowing face soon. I suggest you to had a purifying mask first before you use it. And try to find the light face lotion after put the flash balm.

I don't like the exfoliance clarte. It doesn' sut my skin.

08-06-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_butterfly
Hate living in a country where you can't buy Laura Mercier

Can I find that in Paris ?

08-06-2005
The mod squad

^ Most likely

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

A good way to get a glow in general is use a tinted moisturizer.

11-06-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_butterfly
^ Most likely
where are you from?
i think they deliver internationally at www.lauramercier.com (you have to give them a call though)

blue

right after i shower, i put on clinique moisture surge and some eyecream.

i let it absorb then i use evian water sprey to wet my face a bit and i use bobbi brown oil free compact foundation in beige(3),,,

i apply it with a makeup artists (very soft/cushy)sponge while my face is still moist.. the trick is to PAT gently and quickly while your face is still moist. do NOT swipe.

i learned this sprey and pat technique when i had my makeup done last year... the makeup artist did this and it looked good/felt good as well.

that gives me the perfect sheer coverage that i want.. sometimes i use concealer under my eyes to lighten up the dark areas....

i even out my skintone but i dont try to cover everything.. i still have some acne but i think it looks better (and feels better) if i just even out the redness rather than trying to cover it completely.

then to the "glowing" skin part...
i used to use laura mercier, but since im running out, ive switched to a cream eyeshadow in shimmering beige/gold by la palette (a korean brand)...
i just use the same sponge to apply it on my face.. (this time, lightly swipe first, then pat, then swipe again)

this way it really doesnt look like you have makeup on... yet your skintone is even and your face really glows... and i think thats the whole point of "healthy looking makeup"... something that does NOT look like makeup.. (maybe-you-are-born-with-it type of makeup.. you know what i mean )

The mod squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
hey i was just wondering if anyone has tried any of these products and what they think......

clarins flash balm
It didn't do much for me I'm afraid

scenester

Clarins Flash Balm works when you have had a hard night you know, a hangover, not enough sleep, bad skin - just slather it on before foundation/sunscreen and it helps MU sit better and gives a nice glow.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dewy, healthy, luminous, makeup