How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-07-2005
Nyx
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0s1e267
Clarins Flash Balm works when you have had a hard night you know, a hangover, not enough sleep, bad skin - just slather it on before foundation/sunscreen and it helps MU sit better and gives a nice glow.
I was a bit disappointed by Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. It doesn't seem to work that much, and it even makes the lines on my forehead more noticable somehow.

Then again, it may be meant for other kind of skin than mine - I'm only 21 and have no aging related skin problems (other than the forehead lines, which I've had since 15), and bought the product to diminish pores and smooth the allover texture of my skin. I think I'll invest in Lumene Lifting Magic Drops the next time.

10-07-2005
rising star

I like Nars The Multiple in Copacabana. It looks pearly in the tube, but the color doesn't really show up on my skin - it just looks like really fine sparkles. I love it, as I prefer shimmery over shiny, which is what liquid highlighters tend to look on me.

10-07-2005
|/mirror queen\|

Beauty flash has to be applied in a certain way, otherwise it looks just like plain moisturizer. I once had a sample and it did nothing for me until i applied it in the way that is explained on the leaflet.

backstage pass

elizabeth arden "let there be light" is quite nice - gives the dewy look without being shiny looking. also has SPF 15.

11-07-2005
The mod squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
Beauty flash has to be applied in a certain way, otherwise it looks just like plain moisturizer. I once had a sample and it did nothing for me until i applied it in the way that is explained on the leaflet.
How should it be applied ?

|/mirror queen\|

Took this from the Clarins website:

For a quick pick-me up -
Morning or evening, after thoroughly cleansing and toning, apply, without massaging, a very thin layer over the entire face not forgetting the eye contour area. Follow with make-up application.
For dry or dehydrated skin, apply a moisturising base before make-up.

The part i put in bold is the most important to me, because when i first tried it i massaged and when i didn´t i got the expected results

Nyx
front row

Quote:

For a quick pick-me up -
Morning or evening, after thoroughly cleansing and toning, apply, without massaging, a very thin layer over the entire face not forgetting the eye contour area. Follow with make-up application.

The part i put in bold is the most important to me, because when i first tried it i massaged and when i didn´t i got the expected results
That's what I've been doing wrong! I'll try applying it the other way to see if it really makes a difference. Wish me luck!

13-07-2005
The mod squad

Quote:

For a quick pick-me up -

Thanks sofialuv

Spring of Córdoba

anyone tried Pout's illuminator ? ive tried the love glow illuminator... it gives you this pinkish glow and the other one -after glow- gives a peachy bronzy shine

btw , about vaseline .. ive always heard that it darkens your skin when put on the face ?!?

24-07-2005
backstage pass

I hope I don't sound out of my depth in this make up forum but I really need some advice with this highlighter thing. I really want that glowy skin thing and bought some Benefit High Beam which I just love. I don't wear any other make up except mascara and a bit of Bourjois blusher. Tell me, do you apply highligher before or after blusher? I usually dot some highlighter on my brow bones and high up on cheekbones.
Also, I saw the new Olay Illuminating Daily UV Fluid in Augusts UK Vogue (or as Vogue called it, the "Just-in-love look") Anyone taken a shine to it yet? Excuse the pun!

tfs star

i love love love model co's luminosity - although don't go to heavy on it because it sparkles in light

16-01-2006
V.I.P.

Would it be bad to combine a smidgeon of Strobe Cream with Chanel Vitalumiere? Would that look sweaty instead of glowy?

16-01-2006
|/mirror queen\|

I don´t know how much glow the vitalumiere gives, so i would say for you to try it

Anyway, i sometimes like to mix a bit of a glowing product with a bit of foundation for a more glowy look.
I have Clinique´s Gentle Glow and i think i wouldn´t look sweaty if i mixed it a bit with a glowing product, but i also depends on your skin type.

backstage pass

i loved the make up at the marc by marc jacobs show s/s 06
does anybody know who´s the artist?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg candid2.jpg (23.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg candid3.jpg (22.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg candid4.jpg (23.3 KB, 4 views)

16-01-2006
front row

i never had much success using clarins Beauty Flash until i started mixing it into my foundation. now i look very glowy!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dewy, healthy, luminous, makeup