How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-07-2007
backstage pass

^^ How cute.

09-07-2007
fashion elite

i went in today and allllmost bought some coal face or whatever that face soap is called, but i dont know. has anyone tried it?

10-07-2007
front row

One of my male friends got me some Lush stuff fro my birthday after getting advice from the staff there- just the image of a punk getting advice in a Lush shop is too cute

I love Angels on bare skin, but don't get the Celestial cream - made my skin go mad (and I never really broke out before!)

I adore Sympathy for the skin for its smell alone, one of my fav body creams.

Buffy is good for keratosis piliaris on upper arms - got me rid of it for good

24-07-2007
tfs star

I bought AOBS today: thanks to the many fab reviews here: and it was so refreshing when I washed my face with it tonight! My face feels a little tight now however, but it says to moisturise afterwards.

My friend bought me two of the bubble bars for my birthday. One called "Pop in the Bath " bubble bar. It smells beautiful, quite light and flowery. Kinda reminding me of baby talc.

The other is called " Sunny Side" bubble bar. It smells lovley, very citrusy (is that a word? lol) Only thing is, it is very glittery and when dry the glitter sticks to you. Once it is wet though, it doesn't stick and the water looks like golden lava.

tfs star

I just bought I love juicy shampoo...anyone try that?

30-08-2007
trendsetter

Caca Marron-Did not like it all. The worst part was the coffee grinds in my hair in my clothes all over, that refused to wash out. Pure henna is what i'll only use now, makes my hair more red anyway.

Angels on Bare Skin- I LOVE this. It just smells soo good, very lavender-y and rosemary-ish. And fun to make the paste too! Really nourishing for my skin, doesn't strip it at all.

Oh La La and Angel's Delight - ho hum glycerin type soaps that melt too fast. Some of their soaps have dye that runs all over too.

Their bath bombs are great! I like rose scents, so Romance in a Stone is a good one. For bubble bar, French Kiss, and I'm trying Amandopondo.

I think Lush is expensive so I try to stay away from products I don't put a lot of value on or use up quickly, like soap, body washes and hair stuff. Skincare, bathtime etc though I'll shell out.

30-08-2007
fashion elite

i love lush! i go there a LOT.
just a few days ago i got:

Emperor of Ice Creme: its a buttercreme or something.. basically a bar of 85% body butter, its got orange, honey, and vanilla in it and its so nice! its going to last forever too, i can tell, just rub a bit on a loofah thing and youve got massive bubbles.

Heavenly Bodies: also a buttercreme, this one's chocolate and orange with little chocolatey shreds on the top, i've yet to use it.

MMM (Melting Marshmallow Momennts) - its pink, it smells great, and i havent used it yet! (a bath melt)

30-08-2007
fashion insider

I'm currently trying Sweet Japanese Girl. I read all the reviews on makeupalley and seems quite mixed. I have dry/combo skin which has lots of raised comedones. Actually the first time I felt great. Second time I freaked out because I had so many more lumps than before...I'm not using it every day because apparently it's too strong to use. So I use every other day and give my skin a break inbetween. Anyway here's the amazing thing...I'm a squeezer I'll admit it. Anyway I've been staying away from my skin, just trying SJG. So there was this one big comedone on my forehead which usually I would have squeezed and then it would re-infect and I would get into a week or two of big cysts but...I left it, used the SJG and...yesterday the comedone had totally solidified and...I pushed it and...everything came out in a big lump! No bleeding, no nasties, nothing. It just popped out. I was really amazed...that has never happened to me before. I think what this stuff is doing is bringing all the scunge and nasties to the surface (and there are a lot of nasties on my skin)...so it will get a bit crap for a while and clear up. I don't even need to use moisturiser..it's a real revelation. We'll see how it goes

30-08-2007
fashion elite

^^ eww.

31-08-2007
fashion insider

You love it really

31-08-2007
backstage pass

Hmmm, I use AOBS but now I'm curious about this SJG! Is it tedious to use?

I love AOBS but forming the paste etc can get tedious, does it make your skin greasy...I'm kind of dry/combo but I don't want to overdo it on my t-zone.

fashion elite

im thinking about getting SJG to.. everyone seems to rave about it!

31-08-2007
fashion insider

I feel really relaxed when I use SJG. I put a mirror on my knee and then sit under my desk lamp (which gets pretty warm) so I can see what I'm doing and it heats up my skin and the bar. I massage it in for about 10 minutes just because I find it so relaxing...it does get a weeeee bit messy...you can stop that by thoroughly cleaning your hands and using your hands to massage after a while instead of the bar.

My skin isn't particularly sensitive so..I don't know. I eithr hear people saying how great it is, or saying it wrecked their skin so it seems to be very divided.

03-09-2007
front row

I love Lush! Especially their solid products and the idea of using less packaging and less or no preservatives!

SJG worked for me very well! I definately will buy it again! I have combo skin and this made me glowing!

But I must admit that my skin loves most of their cleansers!

I use Babyface to remove mascara etc. since 2005 and I'll never go back!

Aqua Marina and AOBS are great, too! Aqua Marina minimizes my pores and reduces redness and AOBS is a very gentle scrub.

Mask of Magnaminty is my favorite cleansing mask. Very refreshing!

03-09-2007
fashion insider

Ok used SJG a bit more. Mythoughts...my forehead LOVES this stuff. It's clearing up my problem skin. My nose..doesn't like it. I'm starting to get a cyst. Is that because it's clearing out the gunk? Who knows. I'll keep using it and see.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
faves, lush, products, raves