How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-09-2007
in the mood for love

I love AOBS and The Blonde solid shampoo. Not too crazy about their bathbombs though, had better stuff than that.
oooh oooh i want to try their masks!

04-09-2007
backstage pass

Ok so now I have to try SJG, I'll ask for a sample just incase, and now I have to see if Babyface takes of makeup better than Ultrabland! I really should avoid this thread...

trendsetter

I just ordered a mini haul:

-Herbalism
-Temple of Truth
-Amandopondo
-Ceridwen's Cauldron
-Schnuggle
-Big Blue (promo)
-Seanick + tin (promo)
-Some samples...

I just tried Herbalism....I think I made a huge mistake. It stinks, and I mean really stinks. Like, expired cough medicine and bitter herbs. And the texture is so weird. Its very dry and crumble-y no moisture in it whatsoever. I can't even work it up into a paste for my face. Nothing like the AOBS that I bought instore. What is going on with this Herbalism? Do they pack it with less moisture in mail order, so it doesn't go bad? Why does it stink?

15-09-2007
earthbound

^ I smelled Herbalism at the store. You're right, it really stinks... even when freshly made, I mean!

Yesterday I went to one of their stores' grand opening. I bought a Happy Hippie shower gel, which smells fantastic... Cupcake facial, and a few Floral gifts for a friend. The employees gave away free bath bombs at the door. And I got a gift bag containing another Happy Hippie bottle (smallest size), a solid body butter, a bath bomb (a light green one?), a lipbalm... and a card for a free soap of my choice.

16-09-2007
trendsetter

You know, I think I found out what made it stink: Tea tree oil.

God thats a great gift bag, enjoy all those goodies! I think the light green one may be Avobath. Also, if anyone is far away from a Lush and wants to order online, make sure you check out for any promo/giveaways. They give away full size products and sometimes, 'Supersize' versions of products as well.

16-09-2007
fashion insider

Okay so a while later...my thoughts on SJG...

Using it more than once a week is way too much. The problem is that it's addictive. The way it feels when it's exfoliating and how soft the skin feels after...however I can't definitely say it's SJG because i'm super stressed (cat in heat, jobs piling up) but I have a series of lumps across my forehead, the skin on my nose looks dirty because the blackheads are on the surface more and more and I'm getting a lumpy chin. HAHA.

In all seriousness though...I've used the product so much because I was so happy with how it was reducing the scars on my forehead and it has done a great job...

But I think for now I'm going to stick with AOBS and see how that pans out...

I want to try the masks but I need to find a vegan one.

24-09-2007
rising star

I actually just got a job here and I am not very familar with their products. I start training this week and have to learn all these crazy ingredients. I like the concept of the store though and everything smells amazing.

24-09-2007
leave me with your Borneo

my newest Lush rave would have to be Ocean Salt. when you first buy it, it looks like something you might not want to rub into your skin - big chunks of salt in a blue/green base. but when you stir it up thoroughly you see that there's a few different sizes of salt granules. it has a tropical limey smell (a tad bit "Old Spice"y) and feels pretty rough on the face but it exfoliates like a dream. i rub it in gently until the salt granules dissolve a bit (which is kind of nice because it prevents you from overexfoliating). it makes your face feel as smooth as glass. i've been using it a couple of times a week and it makes all my skincare products work better, since everything absorbs well instead of sitting on top of dead skin. my makeup blends really well, without catching on dry patches. something in it must work to prevent breakouts (perhaps the salt?) because i haven't had a single zit since! i really love this stuff.

27-09-2007
tfs star

oooh that sounds nice ragtag. I haven't been to Lush in so long. I might go this weekend after this thread though! I like to use the massage bars as body moisturiser on a morning because they smell so nice. Mmmm.

30-09-2007
trendsetter

Ultrabland !

I love big shampoo as well just don't open yr mouth haha when using it.

rising star

Obsessed with Lush and trying to sample a bit of everything. Has anyone tried their body powders? I'm particularly interested in Silky Underwear but I'm just wondering about what function they serve? Are they better to use in warmer weather?

08-01-2008
breakfast time

Quote:
Originally Posted by theleatherette View Post
I actually just got a job here and I am not very familar with their products. I start training this week and have to learn all these crazy ingredients. I like the concept of the store though and everything smells amazing.
Congratulations on your new job (even though it's been a while since you posted this!). I'm actually a little envious because I tried to get a job with them a few years ago and they didn't hire me even though I know a lot about them. I hope that you like it there.

I've been on a mini-boycott for a while, but I did take advantage of last year's Free For All and this year's Clean Slate '08. I'm obsessed with their bubble bars lately. I used The Comforter last night and I was very impressed with the lovely blackberry scent & how many bubbles it made! I accidentally used the whole bar (trust me, it's huge!) and I could have used it for another 5 baths. Oh well, it looks like I need to get more soon.

08-01-2008
breakfast time

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollagasper View Post
Do you just use this like a normal soap while taking a shower?
It's been a while and I just saw this post. You probably figured it out already but Buffy is just a body butter and/or exfoliator. I just rub it all over my body [after I use soap, body wash or shower gels] and then I rinse it off before I get out of the tub or shower.

08-01-2008
leave me with your Borneo

i just picked up a bunch of products during the Clean Slate promo:
  • Flying Fox Shower Gel
  • Tramp Shower Gel
  • Ocean Salt Scrub (my favorite facial exfoliator ever!)
  • Curly Wurly Coconut Shampoo (most bizarre shampoo i've ever used - it has coconut shavings in it.... which strangely never get stuck in my hair. but it does help my hair go curly.)
  • Jasmine Henna Fluff-Eaze Pre-Shampoo Treatment (haven't tried this just yet but it smells a lot like Flying Fox )

Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtag View Post
i just picked up a bunch of products during the Clean Slate promo:
  • Flying Fox Shower Gel
  • Tramp Shower Gel
  • Ocean Salt Scrub (my favorite facial exfoliator ever!)
  • Curly Wurly Coconut Shampoo (most bizarre shampoo i've ever used - it has coconut shavings in it.... which strangely never get stuck in my hair. but it does help my hair go curly.)
  • Jasmine Henna Fluff-Eaze Pre-Shampoo Treatment (haven't tried this just yet but it smells a lot like Flying Fox )
ragtag if you don't mind me asking, what is your skin type? I've been thinking about trying the Ocean Salt Scrub but have sensitive skin. Thanks!

Also, if anyone can recommend any other LUSH skin care for sensitive skin, I'd appreciate it!

~Madeleine Albright
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
faves, lush, products, raves