How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-01-2008
breakfast time

^ I'd recommend Aquamarina, Baby Face & Ultrabland for your sensitive skin. You should also ask for samples before you buy the full-sized products. Lush is pretty good about samples.

I have to add to the Ocean Salt love. I've been meaning to try it for the longest time and I just got it as part of the Christmas Present gift set. I agree that a thorough mixing of the scrub is a good idea because the other ingredients are layered into the jar and all of the bigger salt granules are near the top. I just started using it and I've noticed that my combination skin is smoother.

I've been having random breakouts after a lifetime of flawless skin so I hope that Ocean Salt will help get my skin back to normal.

10-01-2008
leave me with your Borneo

hey Hipkitten! i consider my skin to be a bit sensitive - not really to exfoliation but to chemicals and fragrances in products. the Ocean Salt feels pretty gritty when you use it (definitely more so than the L'Oreal Refinish home microdermabrasion i had used previously), but unlike other products, i never break out afterwards. other exfoliators leave my skin very smooth but also seem to leave my skin too open to clogs and infection. i think that the salt and vodka (or some other ingredient ) in Ocean Salt prevents that from happening. and it makes my skin just as smooth. i hear that Ocean Salt is also great for exfoliating before shaving, but so far i've only used it on my face.

hope that helps a bit. this stuff is by far my favorite skincare item.

oh, also.... Dream Cream is very soothing for the body when you have dry itchy skin. some people use it on their faces but i've never tried it because cocoa butter always breaks me out.

fashion elite

I can't use thier skincare, except for Ocean Salt and Angels on Bareskin

But I use alot of thier body products (shower gels, soaps, BBS, etc)

11-01-2008
V.I.P.

My friend got me a Butterfly bath ballistic and Goth Juice hair gel ( called Goth Juice as it's based on The Mighty Boosh). Haven't used the goth juice yet but I love the packaging
http://www.lush.co.uk/products/Goth_...uice_2763.aspx

11-01-2008
scenester

My first choice is OCEAN SALT- the exfolliating dream scrub that can actually transform a lifeless drab face into one that can go another night on the dance floor-
I would also recommend the "SKIN SHANGRI LA"
well worth the price- a dab will transform your skin to the softest baby skin. I started using it 3 years ago and am addicted. No other facial moisturizer works this way. I have the most sensitive skin and nothing retains moisture like this. It's nice to use fresh products too without all the preservatives. I actually googled the ingredients and the first one is a rare one-Queen of Hungary.
A review on amazon stated:
Vodka good for your skin? Rosemary tips softened by soaking in vodka an ameliorative substance? Better believe it.according to this story: in the 14th century Queen Isabella (a venerable 72 years of age) turned to this potion for strength and restoration of beauty. It must have worked because the King of Poland proposed. I can find no reference to the length of their union or whether or not it was fruitful.

Heaven only knows what might have happened had she mixed this mixture, now known as Queen of Hungary water, with the other ingredients found in this rich moisturizer. Fresh seaweed, wheatgrass plus sea and spring waters contribute to softening and creating a healthy glow. Also included is jojoba, lanolin, beeswax, organic coca butter, and almond oil. All combine to produce a very effective moisturizer.

Of course, none of us are even half the age of the redoubtable Queen of Hungary but, as we know, an ounce of prevention... "(gail cooke)

12-01-2008
front row

Another one from me:

Aromacream deo: this works wonders for me, and I do sweat a lot! Use moisturizer underneath, though.

Jasmine and Henna Fluff Eaze: Love this stuff! Makes my hair shiny and smooth and bf adores the smell (can't keep him from sniffing my hair when I use it).

Sea Vegetable Soap: Bf's pick. A typical men's soap I guess, gave one to my dad before. Nice and fresh. We use it for washing hands only, though.

Shower jellies: I particularly like the Christmas ones (Champagne Snow and the Beer one).

12-01-2008
tfs star

I love this thread. I pass the LUSH store on my way to university.I've never bought anything though - and was in it just once.
Can anyone recommand a good deep mask/conditioner? I have really thick, dry hair...

12-01-2008
Diamond

Thanks so much for the recommendations! I will definitely be trying some of those

~Madeleine Albright
13-01-2008
front row

Oh I worked for Lush over Christmas and loved it!

I have always been obsessed with Lush before I worked there though and now my bathroom is full of products.

My house smells like a Lush store

14-01-2008
tfs star

Finally bought ocean salt on Saturday. Mmmmm. I love it. I would defintaly buy it again. Only problem was the salt stung a bit because mylips are chapped and a bit got on them. But other than that. I love the creamy/rough texture it is.

14-01-2008
fashion elite

well everyone here (and basically everyone elsewhere) seems to rave on Ocean Salt so yesterday i picked up a jar of it - i LOVE it! already, it makes my skin as smooth and radiant as glass. its the perfect texture (gritty, rough, and creamy) and doesnt leave my skin feeling over-exfoliated or dry! i can feel a new holy grail in the works..

15-01-2008
front row

the only thing i dislike is the karma perfume....its a bit..weird

trendsetter

I heard there's been a price hike and there's more to come too..

01-02-2008
fashion elite

^^ ugh, thats lame, since some of their things are overpriced already as it is..

03-02-2008
scenester

I love Lush!! There isn't a store close to me but I order stuff online all the time! I'm glad to see that the Ocean Salt scrub works well....I have been thinking of getting it for awhile and now it's next on my list!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
faves, lush, products, raves