How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-04-2008
backstage pass

I am deeply in love with Tramp showergel. I just love oakmoss and patchouli together.
I also love Dream Cream deeply.
Yup, those are my two favorites!

19-04-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianastar View Post
Cosmetic Warrior. It smells AWFUL, but works so wonderfully.

FYI - with blonde...it will add golden tones to your hair, but wont actually lighten it. It works well if you already have light hair. If you have brown/black hair it wont actually do anything for your hair.

That's what i have noticed about the blonde. My hair is blonde and using The Blonde made it look more like it does in the summer..a little lighter a little brighter. Its nice and smells wonderful!

fashion elite

Daddy O - the purple shampoo will brightern blonder hair. It neutralized any brasiness and reduces gold tones to whiten and brighten them

24-04-2008
backstage pass

My friend recently bought Angels on Bare Skin and was told that unless she bought the tin to store it in her product would evaporate in the shower. I have purchased two different face washes (Angels being one of them) and have never been told that and have never noticed the shower was doing any damage to the product...

fashion elite

I wouldnt keep in AOBS in the shower. It cant be near moisture or it gets mushy and starts to mold. I always kept mine out of the bathroom.

26-04-2008
trendsetter

the products are amazing, last week i bought a bag of goodies,shaving cream, soaps,shower gels,bubble bars and bath bombs blackberry,champagne,avobath,vanilla,lavender.

front row

i have slightly oily acne prone skin. i'm thinking of trying either the coalface cleanser or fresh farmacy...what are your thoughts/comments/reviews?
thanks in advance!

20-05-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronchamp View Post
i have slightly oily acne prone skin. i'm thinking of trying either the coalface cleanser or fresh farmacy...what are your thoughts/comments/reviews?
thanks in advance!
I used to have somehow similar skin to yours, still found FF extremely drying. On the other hand Coalface worked pretty well.

20-05-2008
fashion elite

You might also want to consider Aqua Marina. Fresh Farmacy makes a great spot treatment though. So you might consider getting a small piece that you can use for spot treating any breakouts.

Wet the bar and dab onto the spot and sleep with it on. It really dries out and clears up any breakout spots.

21-05-2008
front row

Godiva and Ianastar, thanks for your reply!
I ended up getting the Coalface. I've used it once and i love it! My skin was matte all day, and hopefully it'll clear my skin up...

21-05-2008
fashion elite

I wish I could find samples of Lush's Soaps somewhere.. I dont have the money at the moment to shell out that amount of cash to try a product

tfs star

Have you asked in store?

25-05-2008
front row

me again... so i've been using coalface for almost a week now. the first few days were fine, but now i'm breaking out like never before! before, i had a few pimples on my forehead and on the side of my cheeks.. now, they're around my nose and my jawline too! maybe my skin needs time too adapt to it. did that happen to anyone else?

also, it's drying out my skin a bit...maybe i should reduce to using it once a day only? i'm kind of freaking out, my skin has never been this bad

25-05-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronchamp View Post
me again... so i've been using coalface for almost a week now. the first few days were fine, but now i'm breaking out like never before! before, i had a few pimples on my forehead and on the side of my cheeks.. now, they're around my nose and my jawline too! maybe my skin needs time too adapt to it. did that happen to anyone else?

also, it's drying out my skin a bit...maybe i should reduce to using it once a day only? i'm kind of freaking out, my skin has never been this bad
Oh dear...if you have such reactions stop using it. I never believed in that "your skin will adapt to it" thing. It won't. Maybe you're allergic to one of the ingredients. Later I would give a try to Aqua Marina (someone has already mentioned that): it contains calamin known for its calming properties.

28-05-2008
fashion icon

After reading the descriptions of some of their products online, I want to run over to their store and give some of them a try. I like that their website has reviews built in, but I wanted to hear from you guys: what products are your favorites? I have really sensitive combination skin on my face and am pretty much normal everywhere else. Thanks!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
faves, lush, products, raves