How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-11-2006
Fly my pretties... Fly!

In the shop, I find it hard to smell an individual product, too.

It's just that all the products are put in the same place and all fry in the same pan.

But if you have just one product at home, the product is quite lovely.

I just bought the Bob Soap and Snowcake yesterday.

I it!

02-12-2006
fashion insider

I really love the angels on bare skin facial wash. It works well on my skin like most cleansers, but it's exfoliating and smells unexpectedly nice (though at first i didn't really like it, i now love it.)

02-12-2006
V.I.P.

i love the cherry soap, the almond soap, and the buffy moisturizing soap!

le rve est ralit...
02-12-2006
Soviet Camaro

Favorite shower soaps are Figs & Leaves, Honey I Washed the Kids and Sea Vegetable. I use Coal Face to wash my face.

I have liked all the shampoos I've tried, solid and liquid. I finally bought a tub of Big but haven't used it yet.

I use the Coolaulin conditioner.

I like the Whipstick and Honey Trap lip balms but haven't been using them lately.

I like Cosmetic Lad, I use it as after shave.

So yeah, I guess I like Lush products.

fashion icon

I love all the bath boms and oil from Lush, and I use the Skin Drink moisturizer as a night cream, which works really well for me. Im not too fond of their hair care products though, I tried Big (shampoo) and my hair started breaking off.. and I really didnt have brittle or damaged hair before I started using it. The Veganese conditioner smells really nice but makes your hair a little greasy in my opinion. I also had a horrible experience with henna dye that I bought from Lush, I bought the one that supposed to make your hair brown but my hair went a greyish kind of green. I know it varies depending on your hair but still.. Ive just spent a lot of money to get my hair back to a normal brown, and the hair dresser really scolded me for having used henna I guess you learn from your mistakes..

My absolute fave is You Snap the Whip, which makes your skin really soft and smells like black currant I think.

Last edited by eostre; 06-12-2006 at 06:36 AM.
06-12-2006
fashion icon

Could any one recommend me their best cleanser for break out prone/slightly oily skin? And if possible can help get rid of slight redness left by spots.

06-12-2006
backstage pass

sorry, i've never used any of their cleansers, chanelnumber5.
i love lush bath bombs though- my favorite is the one that fizzes like mad and releases a ton of petals. it's so gorgeous to bathe in, though i can only do it in a hotel room where i don't have to clean up the aftermath myself. :p

06-12-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Could any one recommend me their best cleanser for break out prone/slightly oily skin? And if possible can help get rid of slight redness left by spots.
Herbalism is supposed to clear up skin, since it contains anti-bacterial essential oils and clay to really cleanse your skin. It's also exfoliating, which is good for getting rid of dead skin. Fresh Farmacy (this one's a solid) is also supposed to be really soothing and helpful for problematic skin that gets red and irritated.
I haven't used either one of those, but i'm using their Angels on bare skin cleanser and it works really well. I think my skin's a lot better because there aren't any irritating chemicals in their products.

07-12-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollagasper
Herbalism is supposed to clear up skin, since it contains anti-bacterial essential oils and clay to really cleanse your skin. It's also exfoliating, which is good for getting rid of dead skin. Fresh Farmacy (this one's a solid) is also supposed to be really soothing and helpful for problematic skin that gets red and irritated.
I haven't used either one of those, but i'm using their Angels on bare skin cleanser and it works really well. I think my skin's a lot better because there aren't any irritating chemicals in their products.
Thanks so much!! I will have to try those out

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichu888
sorry, i've never used any of their cleansers, chanelnumber5.
i love lush bath bombs though- my favorite is the one that fizzes like mad and releases a ton of petals. it's so gorgeous to bathe in, though i can only do it in a hotel room where i don't have to clean up the aftermath myself. :p
No problem pichu888. I love their bath bombs to, especially trying out new ones. Is the rose petal one too - either Tisty Tosty or Roamnce in a Stone - another nice one with flower petals is Chelsea Gardens. I also love Fairy Jasmine. The problem is they all have flowery or glittery bits in them, so when i first used them my mother was not so impressed as they blocked up the drain. So, I now use an OLD (your tea wouldn't taste too good if it was mixed with bath bombs) mini sieve/teastrainer over the plug hole of the bath when I take the plug out. Other bath bombs I love are Waving not Drowning (so relaxing), Butterball (super moisturising) and Think Pink (gorgeous smell and colour). Their Bubble Bars are awesome aswell, the Cream Candy smells good enough to eat! There Christmas products are pretty good too Angels Delight soap and Snow Fairy are my faves. I'm a bit of a lush fanatic

08-12-2006
trendsetter

I bought some new lush and got them in the mail the other day...I was a lil disappointed in the smell..but then again im mostly use to the fruity sweet smells. The ones I got were Jungle, karma komba, sex bomb, and this christmas bath bomb. The jungle and karma komba smelled really bad in my opinion but after I used it, to me it was bad. Then when I woke up the next day my hair actually smelled really good!! my mom actually liked it and my bf too. So the smell grew on me in just a day. Plus this stuff makes my hair soft.

08-12-2006
fashion insider

oh i love lush, its one of my favourite shops ever and they always have the coolest staff ever but my favourite product has to be their marilyn lin seed hair mask

leave me with your Borneo

i recently ordered a few things - i really love the angels on bare skin cleanser. it's unlike anything i've ever used (or seen, really ) - a base of clay, lavender, and rose, with ground almond bits and dried lavender. it's in a 'meal' form and you mix it with water. i've been using it for several days now and have been blown away by its effect on my skin. i was having trouble with dryness on cheeks and blackheads on my t-zone - and was trying to treat both separate issues, which ended up being harsh on my face. now my skin feels super-silky, hydrated, and my blackheads have all but disappeared (i think because now my skin is finally hydrated). everything's looking pretty radiant (which had not been the case for quite awhile! ) so i use less makeup, which i'm sure will also help my skin.

i also bought the flying fox temple balm, and the godiva solid shampoo, both of which are scented in the jasmine-honey flying fox scent. which is quite beautiful. it really makes me want the shower gel (the main ingredient in it is honey!) but i don't know that i can justify $20+ for shower gel - even a large bottle. we'll see. i'll definitely be getting the sleepy head massage bar because i have sleep issues, and aromatherapy products have really helped me in the past. angels on bare skin has me wanting to get a toner and moisturizer too. any recommendations for combination skin that's a bit sensitive?

Last edited by ragtag; 03-03-2007 at 08:12 PM.
04-03-2007
trendsetter

the Lemony Flutter cuticle balm. Probably my fav product.

I also use the running for the embassy foot scrub bar but it really doesn't exfoliate that well.

I also like the glitterbug and the love bug (like a shimmy shimmy but in gold, I think it was a valentine's or holiday limited edition last year) for dazzling my skin for parties or going out at night.

The bath bombs are great for any girl-time, self-indulgent bath. I haven't tried one I did like. I have a suggestion too: use one or a half of one in a foot bath. I used to have an apartment with no bathub, only a shower and this is what I did.

Also I like the Whoosh temple balm. I used to always put it on at school like a "good luck" thing for tests and exams. Just for that little aromatherapy boost.

Last edited by pinksatin; 04-03-2007 at 03:57 AM.
04-03-2007
fashion icon

I have to try Angels on Bare Skin now, everyone Ive talked to whos tried it loves it.

I just bought FlyingFox shower cream, and I love it, it smells wonderful. Nothing very special about it otherwise, just an average shower cream but the smell is lovely

05-03-2007
backstage pass

My favourite products from Lush are:

Fresh Farmacy Soap
Coal Face Soap
Mask Of Magnaminty
Fresh Masks
Tea Trea Oil Toner

Speaking of which I haven't bought anything from Lush in awhile.I feel inspired to now.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
faves, lush, products, raves