How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2007
V.I.P.

I've fallen in love with bath bombs and Lush's collection of them seems to be amazing. Here are some I want to try next time I go to a country where there's a Lush store.
  • Big Blue Ballistic
Description: Be aware that the Big Blue gives you the full Pacific Ocean experience, complete with strands of mineral rich seaweed (but stopping short of the actual fish). This bright blue Ballistic, topped with a crust of stimulating sea salt gives you a deep turquoise blue bath scented with balancing lavender and stimulating lemon oil to refresh your mind and body almost as much as a holiday by the warm ocean. Bear in mind that the Big Blue is a lot cheaper, there's no jet lag and you don't have to eat aeroplane food.
  • Butterfly Ballistic
Description: Irresistible honeysuckle scented bomb (with little butterflies inside).Drop into a warm bath for fizzing, scented bathwater
  • Fairy Jasmine
Description: Owing to its intoxicating jasmine, vetivert and ylang ylang fragrance, it's pale mauve colour and the sheer quantity of sparkliness it delivers, Fairy Jasmine has gone straight to the top of our best-seller list. However, it is not without its critics. Some of our bathers feel that leaving the house covered with fairy sparkles is inappropriate. Let us continue to warn you: only bathe with a Fairy Jasmine if you don't mind sparkling, literally not metaphorically. For those of you who work with glitter-intolerant colleagues, this is a Friday night not a Monday morning bath. You will find that in soft water areas most of the glitter floats around like a shoal of tiny fish within the bath water then washes down the plughole. In hard water areas it tends to float on the surface then stick like limpets to your skin, clothes, household goods and pets; if this is not the effect you want, add a little chunk of Bubble Bar Slice to reduce the surface tension so that not so much of it sticks to you.
  • Youki-Hi Bath Ballistic
Description: Our Chinese New Year celebration Ballistic is named after one of the world’s three most beautiful women ever, a Chinese woman called Youki-Hi, according to Japanese tradition. It as Yuka’s idea; she works for Lush in Japan. It has the gloriously sensual, jasmine flower fragrance of Flying Fox and is regally decorated with gold sparkles and red sea salt - that’s sea salt dyed red not salt from the Red Sea – in the colours of Chinese dragons which dance along the street for new year parades. The other two most beautiful women, so legend has it, were Cleopatra and Onono Komachi, a Japanese storyteller. Perhaps one day they will have their own commemorative Bath Ballistics too. (It’s pronounced “you-key-hee” not “you-key-high” except by Mark.)

05-03-2007
fashion icon

I love the Big Blue Ballistic, that one´s my fave! I always get compliments for how I smell when I´ve taken a bath with that one

05-03-2007
V.I.P.

^ What colour does the bath water turn?

windowshopping

I got reincarnate shampoo the other day. My hair is lovely and shiney but it's got even more of a mind of it's own than usual. I woke up this morning with something that looked like a mohawk down the middle of my head.
With my old shampoo it probably would have been possible to fight it into a pony tail, I did so and as soon as I got out of the house that chunk of hair escaped and I had to walk about all day with a lump on the top of my head.
I think it was partly caused by me trying to install a side parting the night before, I used to be able to do that.

05-03-2007
leave me with your Borneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by unplugged66
My favourite products from Lush are:

Fresh Farmacy Soap
Coal Face Soap
Mask Of Magnaminty
Fresh Masks
Tea Trea Oil Toner

Speaking of which I haven't bought anything from Lush in awhile.I feel inspired to now.
Unplugged66, have you ever tried using Fresh Farmacy (made into a paste w/ a bit of water) as a spot treatment? i'm thinking of getting some with my next order because benzoyl peroxide type spot treatments just make my skin itch and flake. fresh farmacy seems as if it would be more soothing.

other items i'll most likely get:

-Trichomania solid shampoo (i've heard that this is Lush's best solid shampoo for colored hair. i love Godiva but it seems like it may fade color )
-American Cream conditioner (like to try it as a leave-in)
-Wiccy Magic Muscles/Soft Coeur/Sleepyhead massage bars (for what ails me...haha)
-Eau Roma toner
-Cosmetic Lad moisturizer
-Candy Fluff powder

does anyone have opinions about any of those? maybe i can try to narrow it down a bit - my love for all of the items in my first order has me wanting everything!

05-03-2007
V.I.P.

ive always wanted to use this companies product. but they are exhorbitantly expensive in the USA. anyone managed to find any deals here?

05-03-2007
front row

I love:

-Babyface- leansing bar for the face which takes off even waterproof mascara
-Mask of Magnaminty
-Honey I washed the kids soap-love the smell
-Big shampoo (sooo shiny hair and much volume)
-American cream conditioner (the smell is divine and it's really moisturizing for my hair but diesn't weigh it down)
-Buffy (my skin gets so soft after using it)

05-03-2007
leave me with your Borneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92
ive always wanted to use this companies product. but they are exhorbitantly expensive in the USA. anyone managed to find any deals here?
there's a coupon code for online orders - 15% off until the end of this month (i believe): GOLDENOFFER

for me it just covers shipping, but hey, it helps!

06-03-2007
rising star

On the whole I like Lush products, even though some have been a bit hit-and-miss.

Hit:
Schnuggle body butter- you rub it in just before you finish showering, rinse off the excess, and your skin is moisturised (great for lazy people like me or multi-taskers) and has a nice sleep-inducing scent.
Sleepy Head massage bar- also very good for helping me sleep.
Flying Fox Temple Balm has the most magnificent fragrance (as does Flying Fox Shower Gel- the first time I bought it I spent most of my shower with the bottle stuck up one nostril).
Any of their toners
Skin's Shangri-La facial moisturiser- meant for dry skin but it worked like a dream on my combo skin
Aqua Marina, Angels On Bare Skin, Herbalism- all great cleansers
Most of their soaps (for scent more than anything else)
Most of their bath bombs/bubble bars
Ring of Roses buttercream- lovely scent and moisturising to some degree
Karma range- just love the fragrance, it is beautiful, and the soap scents the entire bathroom for ages afterwards

Miss:
Ocean Salt- more suited to a body scrub than a face scrub, a bit harsh for me
The Blonde shampoo- a bit drying on my hair, and the bar is messy
Marilyn hair treatment- did not have much of a moisturising effect nor a blonding/brightening effect, also you need to use a lot each time, so not very economical.

06-03-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
^ What colour does the bath water turn?
Big Blue makes it turn a very nice shade of blue. I tried the honey one but it made the water a nasty kind of yellow.. :p

06-03-2007
scenester

Dream cream! Its such a good body moisturiser, totally packed full of goodness and it goes on like a dream. Really gets into the skin. Also the buffy soap is excellent, the best exfoliater i have ever used, and it moisturises as it buffs... skin feels so polished afterwards. Also am loving honey I washed the kids soap its delicious

06-03-2007
backstage pass

I have tried a couple of their products-I can't remember the names of them now. A face mask and a shower cream.. and was not too impressed

11-03-2007
paint it black

Lush just opened a store in Tallinn! So far I've tried Mask Of Magnaminty - it's great.
I think I'm gonna go shopping now...

12-03-2007
trendsetter

Avobath bath bombs are my favourite by far. They make the water a shimmery green and smell so fruity fresh

13-03-2007
breakfast time

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola belle
There's no such thing as a bad product from Lush ... I reccomend you just go nuts buying everything, you can't possibly be disappointed
I couldn't agree more. Lately, I've been using a lot of their bath bombs like Butterball, Honey Bee and Sex Bomb.

I won't lie though, I'm still a little bitter that they didn't hire me to work at their [then new store at Water Tower]. They missed out on a superb employee who is a loyal fan/consumer!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
faves, lush, products, raves