How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-06-2007
V.I.P.

Lush bath bombs and etc are the best to give as gifts

HINT HINT

02-06-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by novella View Post
^ You can use it as an exfoliator or as a body butter. It's one of my many favorite LUSH products... the only downside is that it melts fast.
Do you just use this like a normal soap while taking a shower?

My fav is defintely Angels on Bare Faces. I don't think it's hard to use at all, once you get the hang of it. For the amount of AOBF i need for each wash, i add two drops of water, and it gives me a good consistency.

02-06-2007
fashion insider

my fave products overall are...
-snow fairy bath gel
-skin drink moisturizer
-celestial moisturizer (use this to change it up, ultimately i like skin drink the best)
-dream cream
-skin sin lotion (love it because it doesn't sting AT ALL even RIGHT after shaving your legs)
-ocean salt (PERFECT before self-tanner)
-lemony flutter (i've used EVERYTHING for my horrible, horrible cuticles...high/low end and this is the best product for cuticles, imho)

went to lush today, and apparently they're letting you preorder from a select group of previously discontinued items...sort of a fun gimmick. the stuff won't be in until september though.

fashion insider

Alert for people living in NZ or Australia: If you go into a LUSH shop with a bottle of shampoo either full or empty (plastic casing) then you'll get a free block of shampoo. Have to do it before 6th June.

04-06-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanelnumber5 View Post
Has anyone tried both herbalism and Angels on bare skin? If so which is better at clearing the skin? Also has anyone tried the Ultralight moisturiser, thank you
I've tried Angels on Bare Skin and it was okay. The smell was good, but I had to clean everything after using it When it finished, I started using another cleanser because I wasn't very convinced...

I 've also tried Ultralight and I must say it was awful. It left my skin greasy, even my cheeks, which are dry. It didn't absorb well and I ended using it at night only... until my face started to get red every time I used it.

I had great expectations with Lush, but I'm very disappointed with the brand

05-06-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksanochka Vanmra View Post
I've tried Angels on Bare Skin and it was okay. The smell was good, but I had to clean everything after using it When it finished, I started using another cleanser because I wasn't very convinced...

I 've also tried Ultralight and I must say it was awful. It left my skin greasy, even my cheeks, which are dry. It didn't absorb well and I ended using it at night only... until my face started to get red every time I used it.

I had great expectations with Lush, but I'm very disappointed with the brand
Sorry you've been disappointed, in Covent Garden a lady helped me pick out a moisturiser and interestly enough the richer moisturiser worked well for my mum who's very oily but was waay to heavy for me and I'm combi. I thought the lady was a bit strange but hey it wokred!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Princesse View Post
Sorry you've been disappointed, in Covent Garden a lady helped me pick out a moisturiser and interestly enough the richer moisturiser worked well for my mum who's very oily but was waay to heavy for me and I'm combi. I thought the lady was a bit strange but hey it wokred!
There's no Lush where I live, so I read the description of the products on the internet, and when my mother went to London I asked her to buy me Angels on Bare Skin, Tea Trea Water, Ultralight and Mask of Magnaminty. The best one was the latter, but I could only use it in my back and shoulders because it irritated my face

Maybe the result would have been different if I had gone to the shop and and asked for some advice.

06-06-2007
backstage pass

Yea, if you ever get the chance to visit a store go for a consultation they're really good!

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Princesse View Post
Two words...Ultra Bland, I love this stuff it removes every little scrap of make up, it's the only thing I really like from Lush, I'm more of a Body Shop fan.
I bought some of this recently but I really had to scrub to get it off. My face was a bit red afterwards. What am I doing wrong?

Other ones I've tried:

Marilyn Hair Conditioner: This made my hair feel really soft although no lightening effect for me. Good enough that I've repurchased as an occasional hair treat.

Godiva shampoo/conditioner bar: I got this free but was pleasantly surprised. I prefer to use seperate shampoo and conditioner but it's very effective, and compact for travel.

The Blonde Shampoo: Good, can't complain.

Flying Fox Shower Gel: Ok, not mad about the smell but hey, it did the job.

Tea Tree Water Toner: Refreshing on the face but I didn't think it had a huge effect.

Enzymion Moisturiser: It's supposed to be good for greasy skin but it felt rather greasy.

Smitten Hand Creme: A bit greasy, not too impressed.

Sweet Japanese Girl cleanser: Ok, but a bit hard to remove.

Herbalism cleanser: Very mossy! It was ok but a bit messy.

There you go - a mixed bag for me.

13-06-2007
backstage pass

I agree with what you said about Sweet Japanese Girl. I've tried it, but it was very difficult to remove and my face was greasy, so I have to use other cleansers afterwards to remove everything.

13-06-2007
fashion elite

My faves:

Bath Bombs:
All That Jas
Avobath
Blackberry
Butterball
Honey Bee
Sakura
Think Pink

Shower Jellies;
Big Calm
Sweetie Pie
Whoosh

Bubble Bars:
Bathos
Blue Skies
Comforter
Creamy Candy
Flosty Gritter
Flowertub (discontinued)
Ice Hotel (discontinued)

Bath Melts:
Creamy Candy
Floating Island
MMM

Shower Gels:
Sonic Death Monkey
Snow Fairy (christmas time)
Tramp

Soap:
HIWTK
I should Coco

Conditioners:
American Cream

Solid Shampoos:
Trichomania

Massage Bars:
Soft Couer
Mange Too

Body Butters:
Buffy
Schnuggle
Soft Touch

Cleansers;
Angel on Bareskin
Ocean Salt

Hand and Body:
Lemony Flutter
Smitten
Sympath for the Skin

13-06-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozenges62 View Post
I bought some of this recently but I really had to scrub to get it off. My face was a bit red afterwards. What am I doing wrong?
Did you warm it between your hands first, I usually warm a small amount of Ultrabland between my hands then remove with damp cotton pads/sponges, it comes off quite easily for me.

fashion elite

A cotton pad soaked in toner is great for removing it as well

15-06-2007
V.I.P.

Which of their cleansers would you recommend for slightly sensitive combination skin that is prone to breakouts?
I've never bought anything from there before, but I'm going on holiday to England and am planning on dropping by one of their shops.

fashion insider

^ You should visit a store and ask the sales people. They know the products really well and give you advice and options for your specific skin type. From what i know, "Fresh Pharmacy" helps with acne and redness, but it can be drying, so you really need a good moisturizer. I've used Angels On Bare Faces, and it's really gentle and great smelling.

For all those that mentioned Lush cleansers leave your skin oily afterwards:
Lush is a very different concept from most cosmetic brands. Lush uses as less chemicals as possible and I think all their cleansers are surfactant-free (no harsh soaps that strip your skin of their natural goodness). I was used to feeling squaky clean after cleasing, but my skin still got oily in a few hours and pimples still appeared. I was skeptic of Lush cleansers at first, because i felt a "film" after cleansing, but i stuck with it and now my skin is less oily and looks healthy.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
faves, lush, products, raves