How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-06-2007
backstage pass

Angel's on Bare Skin- feel's really refreshing on the skin when I first used it but after a couple of weeks my skin doesn't seem to respond to it anymore.

Imperialis-Broke me out after a couple of weeks as well/

Tea Tree Oil Mist- It's very light and refreshing.

Sympathy for the skin-Very heavy moisturizer, good for dry skin.

15-06-2007
leave me with your Borneo

i _love_ Angels on Bare Skin, it really makes my skin glow. Herbalism is great for removing more oil - when the weather is warmer or if i'm wearing more makeup. it's less moisturizing than AOBS, more gritty, and bright green. i tried using a toner once after Herbalism and now i always will because the cotton pad was quite green (which i suppose had always just remained on my face before! ). i'm going to pick up a Lush toner to use with it, because all i have is 10% glycolic and it's a bit stripping.

16-06-2007
V.I.P.

Thanks for your reviews!

fashion insider

Angels on bare skin is my favourite product ever. Afterwards my skin feels so silky smooth, I go around the house going TOUCH MY SKIN! I feel glowy afterwards. It's even getting rid of my acne scars. If this is a placebo product, it's the best one ever

16-06-2007
in the mood for love

Okay, I have to try this LUSH stuff! There's no store in my town so i guess ill have to buy online... or make a trip to london... or ask boyfriend to buy something from glasgow... hmm bath bombs do sound amazing

front row

Location: In my mind, I live in Paris! Otherwise... Michigan :-(
^ I know someone asked this already, and perhaps I missed it, but I didnt really think there was a reply to it. What is the difference between Herbalism and AOBS? I heard great things about both and was wondering which one to pick up....

I have slightly acne prone skin, with lots of red scars from previous spots.... it's generally normal/combination skin. I dont know if I should get both, or just try one that's better- does anyone have any input?

Also, I'm a cleanser/toner/moisturizer girl, so I'm planning on picking up a toner to use in conjunction with whichever cleanser I get... any suggestions? I heard something about an antibacterial cleanser or toner... was that the tea tree oil? I'd appreciate the help!!

On another note: I recently became a Lush addict... I first wandered in because I was amazed at the packaging... what with the cheese that I almost wanted to bite into, except it was... well, soap. And the chocolate cake and jellies. The smell wasnt overpowering to me at all, but perhaps that's because I didnt pay attention as I was salivating over the products.
;-)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Buffy the Backside Slayer. I have generally soft skin without really taking care of it, but I realize as I get older and shower in yet hotter water, I'm drying out a little. Plus, I wanted to tackle cellulite without having to deal with lots of after-shower lotions and creams (I'm very low-maintenance/lazy). Anyhow, tried a travel size, went back to Chicago just to buy giant sizes of it.

Also recently bought the Mask of Magnaminty. Great smell, love the tingle... unsure if it's worked yet, but I use it as an emergency mask every couple of days after I fall asleep with makeup on. (Yes, yes, I know I shouldnt...happens anyway).

Hope this helps and again, thanks for the advice!!

28-06-2007
rising star

I have spotty,oily yet very sensitive skin,what would you recommend Angel's on Bare Skin or Fresh Farmacy.

03-07-2007
front row

People, HELP please!!

04-07-2007
rising star

luvmelots, I've tried both Angels On Bare Skin and Herbalism and it is my opinion that AOBS is more moisturising. Herbalism is better suited to skin on the oilier side. I wonder though if the constant exfoliation that both products provide would be too much if you have active pimples? I liked Aqua Marina before I started OCMing- it doesn't have any scrubby bits in it and is very gentle.

Re toners, as far as I can recall Lush have the rosewater toner, the Breath Of Fresh Air toner (aloe vera and other stuff) and the tea tree toner. I really think these are interchangeable to a degree. My sister uses the tea tree toner and your skin sounds similar to hers. HTHs

05-07-2007
front row

^thanks joie! I think you've confirmed AOBS and Tea Tree for me. MERCI!

06-07-2007
fashion icon

Has anyone here tried Enzymion? The effects described on the web page sound amazing but it is quite expensive so any reviews of it would be greatfully received

06-07-2007
backstage pass

^ I've tried Ezymion before and love it. It's supposedly good for combo skin. I have combo/sensitive. I have tried almost half of there products and I think it's worth every penny. Ask for a sample from your local LUSH store and they give out very generous sample.

fashion icon

^Thanks I think I'm going to buy it, along with some Tea Tree oil toner from there, to go with my Herbalism cleanser I got 2 weeks ago. I love Herbalism, while it hasn't completely transformed my skin or anything, its really calmed it down and made out breaks less sevre. It is also quite moisturising compared to some cleansers for oily skin, plus it lightly exfoliates too. My skin is quite oily though, so I would reccomend to sensitive skin.

I also LOVE the Lush staff they are so kind and helful. They always ask if you need any help, but aren't pushy. The sales assistant I had was so helpful, she explained why Herbalism worked and explained the role of the ingridients and even offerd to do a demonstration to show me how to use it. And she also gave a free sample of a face mask

08-07-2007
V.I.P.

I bought their American Cream conditioner last week and I love it. It makes my hair smell divine and feel and look really healthy.

in the mood for love

boyfriend went to lush yesterday and bought stuff i asked. now he loves that shop so does his sister cant wait to try everything!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
faves, lush, products, raves