How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-12-2007
backstage pass

Lysine Tablets/Supplements
I started taking them in July because I kept getting cold sores for stress...well let me tell you, this supplement has been amazing for me!!!

Not only have I not had a cold sore since then (I usually get three a year) but my skin and hair has improved soooo much as well. I used to get terrible underground pimples about twice a month and I've had maybe 2 pimples since July...I don't think it's a coincidence.

My hair has also grown almost 8 inches and it's much shinier than before....granted I take a multivitamin with the lysine too, but I swear this stuff has made beauty regimen much easier

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

27-12-2007
tfs star

I started taking L-Lysine about a month ago as a preventative meaure against cold sores (usually brought on by stress and lack of sleep) and I can't tell if it's had much of an effect. In fact, I've got one developing on my chin at the moment. What amount of the supplement are you taking per day? I've been taking 1,000mg once in the morning and once at night (which might be more than necessary, I don't know). How long did it take you to notice the difference, and which brand of supplement are you using?

29-12-2007
rising star

im interested in taking lysine from trader joe's. any luck with that brand?

02-02-2008
backstage pass

^sorry for the late response but yes, I love Trader Joe's supplements! That's where I get mine and they are very inexpensive & effective.

02-02-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginielle View Post
I started taking L-Lysine about a month ago as a preventative meaure against cold sores (usually brought on by stress and lack of sleep) and I can't tell if it's had much of an effect. In fact, I've got one developing on my chin at the moment. What amount of the supplement are you taking per day? I've been taking 1,000mg once in the morning and once at night (which might be more than necessary, I don't know). How long did it take you to notice the difference, and which brand of supplement are you using?
I take two tablets each morning with my multivitamin. I haven't had a cold sore since July when I started taking it.

I'm not a doctor (obviously! lol) but maybe you're taking too much? I know if you take too many vitamins you just excrete them through your urine...so maybe cut down your dosage?

Also, I take the Trader Joe's brand

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lysine, tablets or supplements