How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-08-2006
trendsetter

MAC Fake eyelashes
Hi guys,

I am hoping someone can help me out here? Has anyone bought MAC fake eyelashes - I wish to buy some, but they have all different ones and I don't know which ones are best to buy!?

Thanks,
Sel x

07-08-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

I have some fake eyelashes by MAC and they are just quite basic full lashes (ie not individual tips or anything) but they are really good and reusable as well. I think your best bet is to go to a MAC store or counter and explain to them what kind of fake lash you are looking for and they will be able to help you

10-08-2006
fashion icon

I definately agree with Meg. I have MAC fake eye-lashes and i love them, but i did the same thing, i went to a MAC store and discussed it with a make up artist. They are SO many, it depends on what you like, you want a more natural, or a more dramatic look? They will help you.

front row

I was going to buy fake lashes from eylure, they are individual but first I wanted to ask if they are any good! Anyone has them or tried them before?? Any experience? Thanks guys!

19-12-2006
scenester

MAC eyelashes are amazing. but i just have a little problem, How do u reuse fake eyelases?? i cleaned them with soapy water and got some of the mascara off but they've lost there curl and there all clumped together n they lost there shape.. should i use an eyelash curler or would that mess em up even more?

19-12-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

mmmmm I think you may have ruined them. I don't know and maybe i'm doing this completely wrong but i never have washed mine with soapy water. I don't put mascara on them either as they are so black (I might have if i was just going to use them once). In fact, I don't curly my lashes before i put them on since i find my eyelashes just end up getting in the way and won't stick. i just put glue on the lashline of my fake lashes and put them on and when i'm done i peel them on and put them back in teh case they came in to help them keep their shape.

22-01-2007
V.I.P.

I adore the really really really long ones by mac .. but mac do eyelashes to your specification anyways well they do at my local counter they trim them etc for you ... best to just go speak to the assistant about it

22-01-2007
|/mirror queen\|

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersaceGirl
MAC eyelashes are amazing. but i just have a little problem, How do u reuse fake eyelases?? i cleaned them with soapy water and got some of the mascara off but they've lost there curl and there all clumped together n they lost there shape.. should i use an eyelash curler or would that mess em up even more?

You are not suposed to wash fake lashes.
The thing you can do is to use some eye makeup remover if you want to clean them, but imo there is no need unless you used something on them.

backstage pass

you just peel of the glue to reuse them. the less glue u use the longer u can reuse them because they dont get clumped up and ruined.

23-01-2007
Meg
inspired contemplation

oh thats cool that they will trim them to your exact specification. I may ask them about this since i want MORE. i love false eyelashes so much and my mac ones have held up really quite well.

23-01-2007
backstage pass

the new lashes from the raquel collection look nice. yeah they trim the lashes but when they did that for mine i didnt like it. i just keep them as is from now on.

01-10-2007
backstage pass

mac false eyelashes..help?
Ok, I bought MAC #2 false eyelashes yesterday plus the DUO surgicial adhesive glue. My question is, do I trim the lashes at all before wearing them? Also, how the heck do you get the eyelashes to line up with the eye lash line?? Do and can I curl the eyelashes or use mascara on them once they are in place? Oh and one more question, do they come off easily after I use the DUO glue? thanks

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyelashes, fake, mac