How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-03-2010
V.I.P.

^ For personal use I think you could get away with just the 213. It also depends what you are using the brush for.. Is it for applying colour to the lid or is it for blending?

28-03-2010
windowshopping

I'm using it for applying colour to the lid. I use the 217 for blending. But cool, I'll keep the 213... And thanks

28-03-2010
V.I.P.

^ Good choice with the 217 for blending, I was going to recommend it if thats what you were looking for

30-03-2010
V.I.P.

why isnt mac doing any of the icon collections anymore? its been ages since theyve done one...

has anyone bought the cindi lauper viva glam lipstick? how does it look with just one sheer application?

Spring of Córdoba

hey guys I want to ask about Pink Swoon blush
I've been told before that it is the perfect blush to get that rosey cheeks look..but the girl working in MAC told me that Pink Swoon would be too drastic/too much for everyday use. and she suggested other bronze/peachy blushes which I HATED.
although when I tried Pink Swoon it actually looked soft..:/
does any of you use it for mornings?

scenester

I think the Pink Swoon is PERFECT for everyday look! It def. not too "drastic" (at least not for me). I like to use it with the Viva Glam Gaga lipstick, and it doesn't look too pink even then. (I have very fair skin, though)

Which foundation do you think is better?
The Studio Fix Powder + Foundation or the Mineralize Foundation SPF15 ?
Was at the MAC counter today, but I'm still not sure...

Last edited by Mrilly; 06-04-2010 at 01:20 PM.
07-04-2010
windowshopping

Pink swoon is the blush I use most often, and I really dont think its dramatic at all. However, I have heard from several people that they think the color looks "crazy", but i think it depends on how much you use and how you use it. In my opinion, it is the perfect everyday blush.

08-04-2010
backstage pass

I love Pink Swoon, it's my favourite summer blush. I am very very pale, and I press it into my cheeks with a flat topped blush brush and it looks really rosy like a natural summery flush. I don't get it when MA's are anti something slightly strong. If you had chosen azalea then fair enough, but not pink swoon!

Oh, and I went CRAZY on the Art Supplies collection, bought a load of the greasepaint sticks, which are much better quality than the style black release one, and I bought a ton of the lip stains, which are amazing. AMAZING!

10-04-2010
backstage pass

I love their Cyber lipstick.

A very gorgeous dark eggplant purple.

Last edited by CaitlinC; 10-04-2010 at 07:57 PM.
11-04-2010
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I am still fairly unfamiliar with MAC makeup as a whole... Rarely have I purchased "expensive" makeup (save for my High Beam or Nars Orgasm), but I'm wanting a few "key" pieces in my makeup wardrobe.

I want a fantastic, light peach lipstick. Does anybody here use MAC's Colour me Coral or Cherish?

V.I.P.

mac is amazing at everything except coral shades in my opinion..I've bought the cherish lipstick and it comes off really muddy, doesn't have a light peach undertone at all..and I think that it's been discussed here or at makeupalley that mac doesn't use peach or coral undertones in their lipsticks or at least it doesn't appear like they do.. (and btw the best light peach shade I've ever used is the gladiola shade of stila convertible color, for lips and cheeks )

Last edited by melfreya; 11-04-2010 at 02:33 PM.
12-04-2010
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ Interesting info... I'll keep that in mind... thanks.

fashion insider

I was looking at getting either a Greasepaint stick or Shadestick - to use as an eyeliner - but I'm having trouble deciding. Has anyone used either of them?

I should probably go in store and try them first but I hate hate hate MAC stores

trendsetter

I stopped by a MAC store today, and a very friendly MUA did my face with MAC's face and body foundation in N1. I was kind of disappointed, because it was rather thick, it didn't dry properly and felt quite sticky... Is this normal? I'm not sure about the colour, it looked nice in the store, but once home I had a feeling it was slightly too dark..
Could it have to do anything with the SA applying it quite thick? Is it more sheer when just one layer is applied? Maybe this sounds stupid, but when I tried it on my hand it seemed quite sheer, and when applied on my face it was full coverage.

Last edited by FleurDeLys; 06-05-2010 at 02:13 PM.
07-05-2010
In Bloom

^It is def not full coverage. I have it in N1, and even though it's slightly too dark for me, it blends into my skin perfectly, leaving no lines. I can't feel that I have it on, I love it! It never dries completely on me, which is why I like it (My skin is quite patchy and dry sometimes). I have no idea what that MUA did to your face.

we were in love

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, cosemetics, cosmetics, line, mac, makeup, maleficent, thread