How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-05-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
^It is def not full coverage. I have it in N1, and even though it's slightly too dark for me, it blends into my skin perfectly, leaving no lines. I can't feel that I have it on, I love it! It never dries completely on me, which is why I like it (My skin is quite patchy and dry sometimes). I have no idea what that MUA did to your face.
Me neither. I didn't understand it, since I already saw so many positive reviews about it. I think she just applied it too thick. It felt like I had sooo much make up on. Maybe it felt strange because it didn't dry completely. I have oily skin, and I hate it whenever I feel something on my skin (like, oil ) This didn't feel oily though, but moist, almost sticky. I guess I'm not used to this type of foundation. But you seem to love it, and I really want to love it too. I'll give it another try...

07-05-2010
In Bloom

^It really is sticky, even though it's oil-free... But a lot of people with oily skin do not like this foundation, and I can totally understand that! It's supposed to give you a natural dewy glow, and it does...but maybe more than some like

we were in love

07-05-2010
In Bloom

BTW I usually apply it with my hands. I just slap it on, because it doesn't need much blending. It looks so natural! If I want a bit more coverage, I buff it in with the 109 brush. I never use a foundation brush with Face&Body because it's so runny that application gets streaky. I think you could use a wet sponge as well, that would look super natural, and it would be quite sheer.

we were in love

07-05-2010
In Bloom

I REALLY want the Instant Chic blush from the Pret a Papier-collection! Everybody seems to love it, it's an universally flattering peachy-pink sheertone blush (so it's noy heavily pigmented). It looks fab on all skintones, or so they say

Instant Chic on the right. Temptalia.com

Pret A Papier is launching May 15th in Europe, but I'm away that weekend, so hopefully my BF will pick it up for me.

we were in love

07-05-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
BTW I usually apply it with my hands. I just slap it on, because it doesn't need much blending. It looks so natural! If I want a bit more coverage, I buff it in with the 109 brush. I never use a foundation brush with Face&Body because it's so runny that application gets streaky. I think you could use a wet sponge as well, that would look super natural, and it would be quite sheer.
The brush she used was a 188 if I remember correctly...
I don't like the sticky feel of F&B, but I agree it looks good on my cheeks. I think I'm going to buy it, and apply it with a wet sponge as you suggested, to make it more sheer. And I have actually a very oily t-zone, but normal/dry cheeks, so I can use another foundation on my nose/forehead.
Thank you Ida. You've been very helpful!

08-05-2010
In Bloom

^You don't need to use another foundation on your oily areas, just lightly powder over them instead (and leave the rest). Look delicious!

Yeah, it can look and feel a bit heavy with the 188 or 187. Don't really like those two brushes for foundation these days (but who knows, I'll probably change my mind at some point )

we were in love

Last edited by The_Ida; 08-05-2010 at 05:11 AM.
08-05-2010
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
I REALLY want the Instant Chic blush from the Pret a Papier-collection! Everybody seems to love it, it's an universally flattering peachy-pink sheertone blush (so it's noy heavily pigmented). It looks fab on all skintones, or so they say
This looks really pretty... I will definitely be checking it out myself!

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLys View Post
The brush she used was a 188 if I remember correctly...
I don't like the sticky feel of F&B, but I agree it looks good on my cheeks. I think I'm going to buy it, and apply it with a wet sponge as you suggested, to make it more sheer. And I have actually a very oily t-zone, but normal/dry cheeks, so I can use another foundation on my nose/forehead.
Thank you Ida. You've been very helpful!
don't buy it if it's no right for your skin but you should definitely give it another go. i don't think f&b is very good for anyone with an oily tzone. it applies sheer straight from the bottle and a wet sponge would actually cause streaks. not to mention the sponge would absorb a lot of the product. fingers are the best for this foundation. good luck.

12-05-2010
In Bloom

^Well, the sponge is wet in order to not soak up too much product And if it streaks, then you're not doing it properly (or the sponge isn't wet enough).

But def. beware of F&B if you have a very oily t-zone.

we were in love

12-05-2010
windowshopping

That looks like a pretty perfect blush colour! I may also have to check it out! I have been searching for the perfect blush my entire life - NARS orgasm is as close as ive come.

12-05-2010
In Bloom

There's so much stuff I want from MAC right now! I REALLY want this peach ls from To The Beach collection, it looks awesome:
Beachbound Sheer frosted pale peach (Glaze) (Limited Edition)

I actually don't own a lg right now, I could do with the one on the left:
Flurry of Fun
Sheer sparkly peach (Limited Edition)

temptalia.com

I'm really into peach and coral colours right now, everybody seems to be To The Beach is supposed to come out in May in EU, and I know that my local MAC stand gets new collections every fortnight...Pret-A-Papier launches this Saturday, so maybe this will launch May 29th? Who knows.

we were in love

13-05-2010
backstage pass

^I want the peach lipstick!

I bought a fuschia MAC lipstick the other day. The packaging and price were so good but the colour is way too dark for me Need to stick with corals, peaches and nudes...

13-05-2010
scenester

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw swatches of the Beachbound lipstick and it looked more of a champagne colour, a little brown almost. I am so mad because it looked like it would be exactly the colour I've been looking for.
Anyways, I'm totally getting the Easy Lounger lipglass from that collection and maybe the Hipness blush.

14-05-2010
In Bloom

^I know...I'm so disappointed. But then again. that Temptalia girl is much darker than me. It might turn up somewhat peachy on me, I'm super pale. Oh well, you need to try it out anyway.

we were in love

14-05-2010
In Bloom

I have been a bad girl. Bought a ****load of stuff. I got Instant Chic...SO PRETTY! I have to spam you with pics! And this was applied super lightly with a 188 brush by the MUA, so it's pretty pigmented for a sheertone.

My cam phone is so bad at picking up reddish tones, but I think it looks pretty much as IRL (sorry for the pic spam, it's just difficult to see the colour...so you get the idea)

I got the 138, been wanting this FOREVER! It was about $80 in DK, feel so ripped off. I also bought Florabundance lipglass and the 209 brush. LOVE that brush!

we were in love

Last edited by The_Ida; 14-05-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, cosemetics, cosmetics, line, mac, makeup, maleficent, thread