The MAC Makeup Thread #2 - Page 32 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
24-04-2011
In Bloom

I have washed mine a bunch of time, and it rarely sheds any more. I've washed it at least 6 times! It works great, but it's not the best quality brush that I own. And it's quite scratchy, no?

we were in love

24-04-2011
V.I.P.

What colours are best for Olive/light tanned skintones?

I hear Cherish is a good colour.

31-05-2011
V.I.P.

I'm crazy about bubble tea plushglass! Goes great with velvet teddy and other neutral lipsticks.

01-06-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessaxox View Post
What colours are best for Olive/light tanned skintones?

I hear Cherish is a good colour.
I think this is a better shade for darker olive tones. If I had a deep tan I'd wear it. Sadly right now on my pale skin and my pigmented lips it looks damn odd. It is very brown toned. Apparently Kim K is using it here...

fashionbombdaily.com

Last edited by tifa; 01-06-2011 at 10:56 AM.
01-06-2011
#Resist

Got a couple new things ... blush in Breath of Plum, and the new lipstick formula (which I like) in Quite the Thing. Pretty case too ...

03-06-2011
In other words

Gareth Pugh For MAC

Quote:
June 3, 2011
Gareth Pugh is best known in the beauty-sphere for the otherworldly backstage looks that he cooks up with makeup artist Alex Box each season for his high-concept ready-to-wear presentations. Who can forget Pugh’s Goddesses From the Grave Spring 2010 show, featuring a barrage of models sporting a gray complexion (courtesy of an airbrushed application of MAC Pro Micronized Airbrush Foundation in a combination of Black and White), bleached brows, and eyes lined in red pigment? MAC Cosmetics certainly hasn’t forgotten. The makeup giant has just announced that it is pairing up with Pugh for a full-scale collection that will launch globally in November. The range will include multiple color products and accessories in “special packaging,” which we imagine will focus heavily on Pugh’s preferred palette of black, white, and gray. Style.com also hears that the products will make their debut at a cocktail party next month in New York to celebrate the collaboration, followed by a backstage turn at the designer’s show in Paris come October. For those of you wondering how Pugh’s special brand of gothic gloom will translate in makeup terms, his unexpected divergence into a (limited) selection of bold color for Fall could offer a clue. Those memorable cobalt blue and gold looks sure would look nice in eye shadow form.
—Celia Ellenberg
Photo: Monica Feudi / Feudiguaineri.com

Source: style.com/blogs/beautycounter

04-06-2011
tfs star

I love Pink Swoon blush.

19-06-2011
rising star

So i'm buying my first ever MAC products next week! Any recommendations? My skin is fairly pale, but not Vlada pale! I have dark brown hair and yeah... not sure if you can help me but any recommendations/advice would be nice

19-06-2011
In Bloom

Don't buy something just because it's MAC, buy it because you need it and it looks good on you.

we were in love

19-06-2011
#Resist

Got some makeup for fall today (thinking ahead :p) ... Vex eyeshadow to do my version of what was shown on the Chanel runway, Idol Eyes eyeshadow (a favorite that I've been out of), and Hang-up lipstick with my b2m. Have another 6 that I'm saving ... nothing else jumped out at me.

19-06-2011
rising star

i do need it , my makeup is so low atm and i was wearing rimmel and it just wasn't right for my skin i don't think. I wouldn't buy something just because of the brand is popular. I genuinely am interested in MAC products though.

20-06-2011
In Bloom

I hope you're not looking for foundation, other cheaper brands do it way better than MAC. Some of their concealers are good though. I don't think their blushes are very good...the colours are pretty, but they don't apply well. Same with their eye shadows (they differ a lot individually though, you could get lucky)

we were in love

20-06-2011
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloosen View Post
i do need it , my makeup is so low atm and i was wearing rimmel and it just wasn't right for my skin i don't think. I wouldn't buy something just because of the brand is popular. I genuinely am interested in MAC products though.
MAC is weak in the foundation/concealer area, IMO, but I love the Blot Powder compacts. I also just stocked up on Haute & Naughty mascara ... I wouldn't try to tell you it's the best out there, but it's quite good, and I can use it for back to MAC (their recycling program).

The lip products are perhaps the best ... you might try a Lustre lipstick, or a Dazzleglass gloss. I like both the eyeshadows and the blush. What color are your eyes, and what's your skintone?

I have brown eyes, chestnut hair, fair pink skin ... I generally have different colors from everyone else Especially with eyeshadow and blush, IMO intensity of coloring matters.

Shroom eyeshadow gets a lot of raves, but I find it not that exciting on me. You want to make sure you're getting recommendations from someone with coloring (including intensity--fair, medium, dark) similar to yours ... but I would suggest having a makeup artist work on you when you get there, that way you can see what everything looks like on you.

I once got a bad MA ... if that should happen, find out when that person's shift is over and come back when they're gone

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 20-06-2011 at 08:46 PM.
21-06-2011
rising star

Wow, thanks so much fashionista-ta! That was really helpful. I heard that MAC does really good eyeliners/shadows, is this true?
What would you recommend for foundation? I heard from a tutorial on youtube that Chanel does good foundation. And foundation is what i will be buying. Because i have basically got none left/need more and i want to buy quality makeup, not crappy rimmel stuff that doesn't even look nice or last!

21-06-2011
rising star

the_ida : Thanks for all this advice haha, i need it! I don't know anything about MAC and how the apply on my face as I've never worn it, i have just read such good reviews and see that a lot of makeup artists use it. What brand in foundation would recommend ?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, cosemetics, cosmetics, line, mac, makeup, maleficent, thread