How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2012
fashion insider

flyme2themoon: Thanks so much for answering my question. You have been a big help.

28-02-2012
fashion icon

I don't know why but I find the mac website so difficult to navigate

14-05-2012
fashion insider

I really wanted to get the Naughty Saute and Pink Pigeon lipstick but I didn't and I regret that.
Are there maybe any M.A.C lipsticks that I can mix to get the same colours and finishes?

Last edited by Platinum Blonde; 14-05-2012 at 04:10 PM.
27-09-2013
tfs star

Are there any MAC must-have lipsticks you would recommend? I want something that's good for everyday wear. It can even be "my lips but better", but not nude and not matte finish. I have blonde hair, hazel eyes and very pale skin. I like wearing bold shades, not necessarily full-coverage lipsticks, but more of a lip butter type lipstick.
I mostly wear Plumful these days, it's one of my most worn lipsticks. Rebel has been on my wishlist for a while now, but I'll probably go for lipglass instead. I used to have Girl About Town and I loved it, but then my 3-year-old sister ruined it. Maybe I should buy it again, it's a nice pink colour and it suits me well.
I'm also interested in their Mineralize Rich lipstick range - Lush Life and Everyday Diva seem very fitting for fall season. Has anyone tried them yet?

27-09-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miwi View Post
Are there any MAC must-have lipsticks you would recommend? I want something that's good for everyday wear. It can even be "my lips but better", but not nude and not matte finish.
The first thing that comes to mind is Patisserie. It may seem boring in the tube, but try it because its a really pretty color. Ok I know you said no nudes, but if you are at a MAC store ask them to put Hue on you. It's not so much of a nude but more of a pinky-peach and it looks beautiful on most skin tones.

tfs star

Maybe I should give nudes a chance. Patisserie was also the first that came to my mind. I wouldn't think of it as typical nude shade (my first association to nude lipstick is foundation on the lips ), it's actually quite pretty and it seems a favorite of many.

29-09-2013
Power to the 99%

The MAC colors I wear always seem to be different ones than what everyone else is wearing Capricious, a soft red, is probably the color I wear most.

06-11-2013
tfs star

I ended up getting all three lipsticks mentioned above - Patisserie, Everyday Diva and Lush Life.
Mineralize Rich lipsticks are quite underrated in my opinion. They're pigmented, buttery soft, very comfortable to wear and non drying. These apply like a dream, the lasting power is awesome and I love the magnetic closing system. I think my lipstick dreams just came true.

07-11-2013
front row

I love the RiRi woo, very nice red with nice dark undertones.

trendsetter

Just got the Select Sheer Pressed in NC 15. Was afraid it'd be too white for me but it was perfect. <3

A shout out for Emilie at the MAC counter of Sephora Champs-Elysees, she's fantastic.
I asked her for lipstick recommendations that would suit me, and she came up with all the ones which were already my favorites.

12-11-2013
Power to the 99%

^ Funny Let me go check on the name of the bright one I like and have been wearing lately ... since you are looking for a change. Sheen Supreme Quite the Thing!

What about purple? Last one I bought was LE but I think it should still be around, Lustre Sweet Succulence. I wear it in combination with Lap of Luxury gloss. Also Lustering is a pink I bought recently & like. A little more low-key than the others.

I've been wearing Blot Powder Light forever.

Anyone have an eyeshadow recommendation for me? I want something light and neutral but not grey or silver. Last thing I had was Phloof! Have tried Shroom but not been totally wowed. Currently am wearing Mylar because it's there, but I want something more interesting. For work I usually keep a very simple eye as I don't feel like futzing with it in the morning.

13-11-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ Funny Let me go check on the name of the bright one I like and have been wearing lately ... since you are looking for a change. Sheen Supreme Quite the Thing!

What about purple? Last one I bought was LE but I think it should still be around, Lustre Sweet Succulence. I wear it in combination with Lap of Luxury gloss. Also Lustering is a pink I bought recently & like. A little more low-key than the others.

I've been wearing Blot Powder Light forever.

Anyone have an eyeshadow recommendation for me? I want something light and neutral but not grey or silver. Last thing I had was Phloof! Have tried Shroom but not been totally wowed. Currently am wearing Mylar because it's there, but I want something more interesting. For work I usually keep a very simple eye as I don't feel like futzing with it in the morning.
Oooh, thank you, very nice recs, I haven't tried those! I was pretty sure I'll get Dark Side or Rebel next, but Sweet Succulence and QtThing look similar, respectively. Hang Up looks similar too; I'll just have to try 'em all. Dubonnet has been my lipstick for years and years, still love it but change is good.

Update: I'm absolutely *loving* my Select Sheer Pressed. I initially got it to set my liquid foundation, but find I don't even need the foundation any more; just a bit of Touche Eclat around the eyes, the powder, and I'm good to go.

MAC has so many face powders; I wonder how they compare. How's Blot Powder? I just got the one recommended to me as a sheer one to set makeup...

Wish I had eyeshadow recommendations for you. I know zilch about eyeshadow; I just do a Liquidlast cat eye.

Last edited by Melisande; 13-11-2013 at 09:17 AM.
14-11-2013
Power to the 99%

^ I have Hang Up too ... it's different from the ones I mentioned. It's quite a deep wine red, very intense. Sweet Succulence is more purple. I have had Dubonnet in the past, but don't remember it well?

I should probably try your powder & see. I have oily skin ... I have bought the loose powder before, but for the last few years I've been wearing the pressed Blot Powder.

14-11-2013
trendsetter

Ah, okay, I guess photos aren't accurate, have to try them out myself ^^
Dubonnet is this creamy dark rusty red.

I on the other hand have dry skin, never had oily skin and stay away from mattifying products, so I'm not sure you'll like my powder...I love that it's not shimmery at all, on the matte side and yet doesn't look cakey and dry; just more even and softly diffused.

12-01-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ I have Hang Up too ... it's different from the ones I mentioned. It's quite a deep wine red, very intense. Sweet Succulence is more purple. I have had Dubonnet in the past, but don't remember it well?
Update: I ended up getting Hang Up and Vino lip liner to go with it. My sister looks gorgeous in it and she got it too! (Her husband hates it; he thinks it's scary and sulks that "he will never get used to it" ) It goes with the dark nail polish I've been using, so that's good.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, cosemetics, cosmetics, line, mac, makeup, maleficent, thread