How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-05-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
I have been a bad girl. Bought a ****load of stuff. I got Instant Chic...SO PRETTY! I have to spam you with pics! And this was applied super lightly with a 188 brush by the MUA, so it's pretty pigmented for a sheertone.

My cam phone is so bad at picking up reddish tones, but I think it looks pretty much as IRL (sorry for the pic spam, it's just difficult to see the colour...so you get the idea)

I got the 138, been wanting this FOREVER! It was about $80 in DK, feel so ripped off. I also bought Florabundance lipglass and the 209 brush. LOVE that brush!
Oh, feel free to spam , I was hoping you would post post pics as soon as you got Instant Chic . I want to try this blush myself, but I don't have a MACstore where I live. I have to wait until tuesday, then I go to a city where they do have a MACstore. How much did you pay for it?
And MAC brushes also quite expensive in Belgium. I refrain myself, and I'm thinking about bying some Sigma brushes instead.

14-05-2010
In Bloom

I paid about €23.50 (175 DKR)...MAC is just so expensive in Europe Do you get Sigma brushes from eBay?

Anyway, Instant Chic will suit you! It is so flattering on all skin tones, the MUA couldn't stop raving

I must say...the 138 is all my wet dreams combined into one brush. It is SO soft! It is super precise, you hardly need any product and it blends like a dream It was worth the $80 ()

we were in love

15-05-2010
trendsetter

I'm not familiar with eBay actually. I would just buy the brushes off their site, they ship worlwide...
On temptalia there's this article where she compares a lot of sigma brushes to mac brushes, very useful!
http://www.temptalia.com/sigma-makeu...on-with-photos
There's also a standalone review of the brushes: http://www.temptalia.com/sigma-makeu...-review-photos

I'm going to buy the SS182 Buffer Brush and maybe the SS109 Contour brush. I wanted the SS188 brush, but it didn't get a good review, so I guess I'm going to buy the MAC 188..
I want Instant Chic, and now you've made me want to buy MAC's 138 too! It's going to be an expensive month .

Last edited by FleurDeLys; 15-05-2010 at 05:25 PM.
15-05-2010
In Bloom

^Oh, I see! You're gonna love the SS109 (maybe consider the SS224 as well?). The MAC 138 is def. worth the insane amount of money you pay for it in EU though, I would say that. The Sigma SS138 is much wider and not as nice as the 138, or so I've heard. There ought to be some MAC vs. Sigma vids floating around on youtube

we were in love

16-05-2010
V.I.P.

I bought the lip balm stuff in "Petting Pink" , its a nice colour.
&& also the bare study paint pot (:

17-05-2010
trendsetter

I stopped by a MAC store today. Instant chic was already sold out .

18-05-2010
In Bloom

^I'm sorry to hear that, although I'm not too surprised....but Hipness from the To The Beach-collection should be very similar!

temptalia.com

we were in love

18-05-2010
backstage pass

Can someone please recommend any mac powder? the blot or studio fix or some other?

thanks ín advance!

windowshopping

I popped by Mac last night and bought Lady Bug lipstick and I adore it! Never wore red before but loved the colour on.

18-05-2010
boop

I thought this was exciting news

From WWD:

PAGING MICKEY MOUSE: MAC Cosmetics is teaming up with Disney to create a limited edition color collection, intended to launch globally in late September in all MAC locations. The products will feature four Disney characters, on which the brand is keeping mum at the moment — although with a collection name of Venomous Villains, it is assumed that we’re not talking Donald Duck and Minnie Mouse here. Lipstick, powder, lip gloss and blush shades will be sold, ranging in price from $12 to $29.50.

19-05-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Me View Post
Can someone please recommend any mac powder? the blot or studio fix or some other?

thanks ín advance!
Studio Fix powder is really good! I wore that for months but have moved on to tinted moisturiser now. It is very handy though and I bring it to festivals etc. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is a great setting powder. It gives a very flawless finish and covers blemishes brilliantly. I wear it in shade 'Medium Plus'.

Im general, I am not too gone on MAC foundations though. Laura Mercier's Mineral Pressed Powder is better in my opinion.

19-05-2010
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post
I thought this was exciting news

From WWD:

PAGING MICKEY MOUSE: MAC Cosmetics is teaming up with Disney to create a limited edition color collection, intended to launch globally in late September in all MAC locations. The products will feature four Disney characters, on which the brand is keeping mum at the moment — although with a collection name of Venomous Villains, it is assumed that we’re not talking Donald Duck and Minnie Mouse here. Lipstick, powder, lip gloss and blush shades will be sold, ranging in price from $12 to $29.50.

So excited for this!

backstage pass

According to MAC's teaser video, the villains are Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians), Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty), The Queen (Snow White), and Dr. Facilier (The Princess and the Frog). Seriously can't wait for this.

19-05-2010
backstage pass

^Love it! Cruella De Vill should be interesting!

19-05-2010
V.I.P.

I'm excited for the Queen from Snow White!! I've always found her much more beautiful than Snow White!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, cosemetics, cosmetics, line, mac, makeup, maleficent, thread