How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-05-2010
In Bloom

I love Maleficent, she's too fierce for words

we were in love

20-05-2010
V.I.P.

I can't wait to see what they come up with. there are some really great Disney villains I bet Maleficent will be the most popular though.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I knew they would use Cruella De Ville Surprised they didn't choose Ursula. Imagine the awesome under the sea packaging they could have whipped up! Remember those little sea creatures she used as lipstick? And she had killer blue eyeshadow!

V.I.P.

^^OMG! That scene was buried in my childhood memories until you mentioned it just now!

20-05-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
I knew they would use Cruella De Ville Surprised they didn't choose Ursula. Imagine the awesome under the sea packaging they could have whipped up! Remember those little sea creatures she used as lipstick? And she had killer blue eyeshadow!
this is so true!

for those who missed out on instant chic, you could try melba with a very light hand to get the same effect. they are practically the same color, which is why i passed on instant chic. IC is very, very sheer. it showed up on me, but i am a NW25 so pretty much any beauty powder or sheertone can work as a true blush on me.

i'm lukewarm on to the beach, but i'll see how i like the colors irl.

Feels Like Heaven

Guys,I need help...I can't decide over 109 brush.
I've heard it's good for both foundation and contouring,and it would be perfect for me,but is worth the money if it sheds that much?

Last edited by Lamia; 20-05-2010 at 02:57 PM.
20-05-2010
In Bloom

^Mine doesn't shed any more. It did at first, but the shedding stopped after I washed it a couple of times. I think you should always wash your brushes before you use them, my MAC lady told me they have been sprayed with something that can irritate the skin (that you can wash off of course ).

we were in love

20-05-2010
Feels Like Heaven

^Thank you very much The_Ida for you advice

20-05-2010
In Bloom

^You're welcome BTW I only experienced shedding when I used it for foundation. It is meant for powders, so it sheds a bit more when you use it for foundation because you sort of "drag" it more. It just needs to be washed 3-4 times, really.

we were in love

21-05-2010
backstage pass

Anyone notice the funky smell of the brush handles of the natural bristle brushes? My 239 and 219 smell really bad! At first I thought the smell was coming from the bristles since they're goat hair so I washed them several times but the smell was still there. Then I discovered it was coming from the handle. Tried applying rubbing alcohol but it's a temporary solution. The smell eventually comes back. My 252 doesn't smell so I think only the natural bristle brush handles do.

21-05-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesiren View Post
this is so true!

for those who missed out on instant chic, you could try melba with a very light hand to get the same effect. they are practically the same color, which is why i passed on instant chic. IC is very, very sheer. it showed up on me, but i am a NW25 so pretty much any beauty powder or sheertone can work as a true blush on me.
Thank you Thesiren! I'll check Melba out, but I think it's not a sheertone?
I'm very pale, and I'm tired of having to be very careful with applying blush. I only need the tiniest bit, and even when I just dab my brush once on a blush (I don't know if I'm making sense here :p?), I often have too much. Everything looks very easily too unnatural on me. (But maybe that's just me, I don't like it when people know I'm wearing makeup, so I use sheer foundation, light eyeshadow, very light blush, nothing too shimmery.)
I use Clinique's all over bloom atm, and I like it, but it's also quite pigmented...
Anyone has a recommendation for a light pink blush, a sheertone?

22-05-2010
tfs star

This blush is truly gorgeous! Love that seahorse motive.

temptalia.com

22-05-2010
In Bloom

^It's gonna sell out so fast!

we were in love

25-05-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
^You're welcome BTW I only experienced shedding when I used it for foundation. It is meant for powders, so it sheds a bit more when you use it for foundation because you sort of "drag" it more. It just needs to be washed 3-4 times, really.
same here. it isn't meant to be used for liquid foundation which is why people experience a lot of shedding. i love the 109 and can't imagine living without it. it's a definite must imho.

i like the 130 for applying foundation. it is small and dense like the 109, but the duo fiber bristles make it OK for working with liquid foundation. it's easier to control than the 187 or 188.

fleur - do you have a 187 or 188? these brushes are ideal for very fair skin or anyone who likes light blush. i use the 188 (or whichever the smaller one is...i forget) with ultra bright blushes like nars exhibit a and i get great application that looks like a natural flush because the brush makes it so easy to blend.

you may also look into mac beauty powders, which you can see on their site. the BPs are usually quite sheer, making them ideal for fair skin. two of my favorites are discontinued, but they are called alpha girl (a bright blue-toned pink) and tahitian sand (a pale peach).

can anyone suggest a good contouring color for light skin? also, would golden from the to the beach collection work for fair skin?

for contouring i am thinking of going with buff blush, but i do not know if it is quite dark enough...

In Bloom

^I know that some pale folks use Harmony for contouring

we were in love

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, cosemetics, cosmetics, line, mac, makeup, maleficent, thread