How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-07-2006
VSFS 2009!

My skin's actually really good so I don't buy foundation but I have a massive collection of chanel make-up that I really barely use. I just like looking at them, all sleek and sparkly and pretty, like a manic shoe-collector.

17-07-2006
rising star

MAN, Im a part of this club?! I very rarely go out without concealer and blush! But Im more addicted to the pruduct itself, I looove buying makeup, and cleaning it, organizing it... lol, im crazy, but Im loving it! My fav thing in the entire world, well allmost, is just walking around in sephora

trendsetter

I always played around with make-up when I was little, but began wearing it seriously at around 10 or 11 since my mom sold make-up. I just never went anywhere without full make-up on for years, so it took a long time to get over that. I just didn't understand the concept of being able to go out without it. But now I'm much better. Though I rarely go anywhere without atleast some on.

24-07-2006
Nyx
front row

I'm a serious makeup addict and I hate it more and more every day. My skin is crap, so I can't go out of the house without primer, foundation and ysl touche eclat. As if this wasn't enough, I also have very asymmetrical face, no real cheekbone definition to speak of and very fair colouring. So I basically have to draw my face on every day by hiding and highlighting, contouring and balancing. I hate using so many products, but I just feel that the world would never accept me as the formless ghost I am underneath all the expensive cosmetics

24-07-2006
backstage pass

^^^ Louna, why not try bare minerals instead of havier makeup? youll still feel protected and covered, but its better for your skin, itlll allow your skin to heal..just a suggestion. Im doing pretty good with the bare minerals...its helping me slowly get off the makeup, but im much better now!!

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louna
I'm a serious makeup addict and I hate it more and more every day. My skin is crap, so I can't go out of the house without primer, foundation and ysl touche eclat. As if this wasn't enough, I also have very asymmetrical face, no real cheekbone definition to speak of and very fair colouring. So I basically have to draw my face on every day by hiding and highlighting, contouring and balancing. I hate using so many products, but I just feel that the world would never accept me as the formless ghost I am underneath all the expensive cosmetics
Sounds like me: No real good looks beneath it all.

backstage pass

Im a make-up addicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cant leave the house with out a black pencil around the eyes and a lot of mascara
and a lip gloss!!!! I even go to the store near my house to buy water with make – up… my friends think I'm a totally a make-up addicted !!!!

Last edited by lusia; 25-07-2006 at 01:02 PM.
25-07-2006
|/mirror queen\|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louna
I'm a serious makeup addict and I hate it more and more every day. My skin is crap, so I can't go out of the house without primer, foundation and ysl touche eclat.

......I hate using so many products, but I just feel that the world would never accept me as the formless ghost I am underneath all the expensive cosmetics

Arenīt you exagerating?!
Maybe you are seeing yourself in the wrong way, more than beeing unperfect- which we all are!
There is no such thing as a simetrical face or perfect skin!

Instead of spending all your money, time and patience on makeup, have you tried instead on focusing only on having a good skin?
(going to the doctor, cleansing and moisturizing twice a day, drinking water, etc)
Donīt put yourself down, even because makeup canīt and doesnīt hide all the skins imperfections.
Try to reduce what you use, foundations and concealers ruin your skin- itīs not a myth.

Loved to see a pic of you without makeup

Bel
front row

I used to but then I threw out all my makeup and completely stopped wearing it. Its so much less stressful! I used to freak if I didn't have time to do makeup before I had to leave the house.

26-07-2006
elementary.

this recent heatwave has forced me to abandon all makeup!
& i feel so much better for it!
not being reliant on makeup is a lovely feeling.!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
Arenīt you exagerating?!
Maybe you are seeing yourself in the wrong way, more than beeing unperfect- which we all are!

Instead of spending all your money, time and patience on makeup, have you tried instead on focusing only on having a good skin?
(going to the doctor, cleansing and moisturizing twice a day, drinking water, etc)
Donīt put yourself down, even because makeup canīt and doesnīt hide all the skins imperfections.
Try to reduce what you use, foundations and concealers ruin your skin- itīs not a myth.

excellent idea!! thats me philosphy,amd im much happier and healthier follwing it!!

tfs star

i love make up and the fun you can have with it but i barely spend anything on it. like, it actually pains me to pay more than five pounds for a mascara. if i was rich no doubt i'd love buying it.

26-07-2006
101st monkey airborne

I certainly own a lot of it, but it rarely seems to make it on my face. Sephora is dangerous!

windowshopping

I don't wear makeup often, I love my natural face, but when I do I wear just a little bit of mascara and some lipgloss... but I must admit I'm like obsessed with buying it and mixing stuff together to create my own stuff. My mom says I'd be good at making it because I do awesome colors.

27-07-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
Arenīt you exagerating?!

There is such a thing as symmetrical skin. Not down to the exact line, but millimeters around there. It's weird how people say that the more symmetrical you are the more beautiful you are... I don't think I'm symmetrical.. maybe I am, but I think I'm quite pretty at times.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
addiction, makeup