How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-07-2006
Spring of Córdoba

for me , going out without makeup is like going out without my face

okay.. that was before but now i'm trying my best to get used to the all natural look. - except for ysl touche eclat ..seriously i can not live without it
anybody know a good treatment cream for dark under-eye circles?

27-07-2006
windowshopping

^ Oooh I would to know the dark under-eye circles too. That's the only thing I hate about my face beside my acne.. which is getting better. But I was born with dark circles and people think I'm tired or something. Foundation doesn't help me.

My mom actually told me something.. I can't remember it this second.. but she said it was 15 bucks or something at wal-mart, but I don't know if it works or not.

27-07-2006
backstage pass

i dont want to sound stupid, but whats ysl touche eclat ?

101st monkey airborne

^Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat is a liquid concealer/highlighter pen with a brush attached that many swear by for flawless dark circle coverage.

windowshopping

:p You know, I just went camping last week for three days with a bunch of guy friends, and I have to say that it was such a relief to not have to worry about makeup! I actually went to the bathroom to brush my teeth one morning and found three girls crowding around one small mirror trying to apply a full face of makeup... and all of them had little pink fluffy brushes peeking out of their overstuffed makeup bags! I left the bathroom with a smile on my face
I think sometimes I need to get away from makeup altogether and realize that I don't have to use it as a crutch. It enhances something we all have, and it shouldn't conceal who we are.

29-07-2006
scenester

I admit I feel really self-conscious if I leave the house without a least a bit of concealer on. It's kind of like..you want to present yourself as the best person you can be, and looking well-groomed and pulled-together is a part of that.

Last edited by upthebracket; 29-07-2006 at 09:54 PM.
31-07-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFeline
:p You know, I just went camping last week for three days with a bunch of guy friends, and I have to say that it was such a relief to not have to worry about makeup! I actually went to the bathroom to brush my teeth one morning and found three girls crowding around one small mirror trying to apply a full face of makeup... and all of them had little pink fluffy brushes peeking out of their overstuffed makeup bags! I left the bathroom with a smile on my face
I think sometimes I need to get away from makeup altogether and realize that I don't have to use it as a crutch. It enhances something we all have, and it shouldn't conceal who we are.
g;ad to hear this! breakthrough lol...

windowshopping

I have to say since my skin has gotten better I have become more and more obsessed with makeup. I love chanel, BE, mac and napolean- absolutely top notch!!!

I think Im pretty without makeup- Ihave very defined but delicate features but makeup just makes me feel really confident and I get so many more looks and compliments with it than without. SO obsession live on!!!!

01-08-2006
Fashionably Late

I feel weird because I hardly wear any makeup at all but I am still obsessed with buying it! I literally have 10 lipsticks or lipglosses in my purse at one time. I have so much makeup you'd think I was caking it on my face every morning, but that isn't the case. I just like to have it and try new things...makeup is so pretty!

01-08-2006
rising star

No lie, i once slept in make-up 3 days straight during a camping trip!! (Seriously i took bare minerals "so pure you can sleep in it" to the next darn level.)

01-08-2006
Fashionably Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALaFramboise
No lie, i once slept in make-up 3 days straight during a camping trip!! (Seriously i took bare minerals "so pure you can sleep in it" to the next darn level.)
I love that! I would have done the same thing.

01-08-2006
rising star

heh. Seriously i do have a makeup addiction....but my rule for the addiction? As long as it's not too much makeup, it's fine (No european (i wont say french) hookers or cakey peeps on my watch!!) I just love makeup...it gives me a very....complete? feeling.

01-08-2006
tfs star

Lol i understand that. i feel so happy and full after buying makeup, then after 10 minutes i want more.

I've seriously had dreams where I'm at someone's house, and there's floors are COVERED with makeup, in every room, and I scoop as much as I can in my arms and pockets, only to sadly wake up to nothing

I buy it, I wear it, I read about it, I dream about it, I collect it, I stare at it, I drool at it etc....

01-08-2006
scenester

ALaFramboise: it's okay, dear. I'd probably would've done the same thing thank god there's a thread for this...it's kind of therapeutic to know I'm not alone!

Last edited by upthebracket; 01-08-2006 at 09:34 PM.
12-08-2006
Nyx
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
Arenīt you exagerating?!
Maybe you are seeing yourself in the wrong way, more than beeing unperfect- which we all are!
There is no such thing as a simetrical face or perfect skin!

Instead of spending all your money, time and patience on makeup, have you tried instead on focusing only on having a good skin?
(going to the doctor, cleansing and moisturizing twice a day, drinking water, etc)
Donīt put yourself down, even because makeup canīt and doesnīt hide all the skins imperfections.
Try to reduce what you use, foundations and concealers ruin your skin- itīs not a myth.
Good points here, thank you Sofialuv I'm actually seeing a derm in a couple of days. But in the past few weeks I have also decided to try and stop being so self conscious, and learn to get out of the house without all the makeup. I really don't know if it's in my head or if others really see me as gross as I feel - but I decided that whatever the case, it's time for me to grow up a bit and train myself not to worry too much about what people think. Most of all, I have to stop associating all my self-worth (is that a word?) with my looks! I can't say I feel any prettier, but I think I've grown some balls when it comes to not looking picture-perfect all the bloody time

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
addiction, makeup