How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-07-2006
trendsetter

Makeup addiction
Do you feel addicted to your makeup? I am a guy, and I know it sounds strange, but I NEVER leave the house w/o a little bit of foundation and powder. I feel like people are used to seeing me w/ smooth, even skin so I can't be seen ala natural. The only time I ever go out w/o it is to take my sister to Sunday School at night and then I sit in my car in the parking lot and don't go in to the building. What about you? Feel absolutely dependent on wearing it when you leave your house? Are you addicted! ADDICTS ARISE!!!!!

03-07-2006
Diamond

OK. I'll fess up. I'm a makeup addict. I won't leave the house unless I've got my "face" on. It doesn't matter how clear my skin is or how good it looks without makeup...I still feel naked without it. That's one of the reasons I love BE so much - I'm always 60 seconds away from a perfectly made-up face

~Madeleine Albright
04-07-2006
trendsetter

How does BE work? My cousin tried it and said it worked horrible. Maybe she didn't use it right?

04-07-2006
The mod squad

You can get all the info at: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...highlight=bare

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelbehavior228
How does BE work? My cousin tried it and said it worked horrible. Maybe she didn't use it right?

uhm, from my understanding, pigmented minerals even out skintone while mica in the powder reflects light so skin imperfections are minimal...its actally very good, it does take a little work to learn to use tho.. the key is to really swirl the brush, if not the minerals stay on the brush rather than inside of it and you end up looking powdery and pasty....

I use to feel super dependant on my makeup, i wouldnt go to the store withouot at least some concealer and bluch; but now ive begun putting alot of emphasis on my skincare regimen because i appreciate the look and feel of healthy skin. As i see it, you can load as much pain on a canvas as youd like, but if the canvas is not of good quality, it looks - but sephora is still my favorite!!!!

backstage pass

^yep, it gives a very airbrushed finish. looks great, i'm wearing mine now!

well somedays I wear very little, but I almost always have some on. I'm addicted to the makeup itself, not wearing it. it's just so irrestible, those little pots of shimmer and tubes of color. it's the same satisfaction a big new box of crayons gives me. haha, i'm so wierd, but seriousley.

04-07-2006
trendsetter

I use a good amount of quality skin care, I just still have acne and it can look bad at times. I am a pro w/ the makeup. I had a woman ask me once how I had such great skin. I told her one word: Maybelline. She was very taken aback and didn't believe me. See, Mom, people don't notice it!!!

backstage pass

well a little off subject, but if youd like to help the acne a lil bit, try the products from www.skintactix.com- worked WONDERS for me!!!

sorry, i wont advertise anymore...

but honestly, its not wearing the whole makeup that i like, its the oh so pretty packaging, im a HUGE sucker for it, gets me everytime!!

trendsetter

I am a make-upholic.
So far, this addiction has been hard to break.. but then again, I don't really want to break it. I love experimenting with new products and such.

05-07-2006
trendsetter

I love trying new foundations! I have never bought the same one twice.

rising star

make up addict!?!?! hah! i need to go to Makeup Anonymus or something!! lol i can't go anywhere without just a touch of foundation (rofl, even to the pool, bare minerals is my "sun block" and when i feel like trying hard to do my makeup my ever beautiful chanel double perfection is there. lol) Now my poor mother wont buy a foundation or anything else for that matter now that all i do is hang out on makeupalley.com trying to figure out what to buy next! lol. *sigh*

11-07-2006
backstage pass

^^^hmmm...sounds like someone i know...

V.I.P.

I thought this thread was for those who had a makeup purchase addiction!!! Got me all so excited!!!

I don't wear foundation but I need to put on a light layer of powder and lip gloss at least before I go out. The only time my face is completely bare is when I'm at home.

14-07-2006
trendsetter

I'm completely addicted to everyday minerals. It sounds extremely silly but I have to stop myself from buying their custom makeup kits and brushes. I already purchased 2 kits (which i dont really need!). I never thought i was THAT self concious but I'd be horrifided if I had to go somewhere in public w/o makeup..I wish it wasn't that way : /

16-07-2006
secret garden

I am a total makeup addict. The only way I'd ever quit is if they forced me into a 12 step. I also feel as though people are used to seeing me with smooth skin and a certain amount of makeup therefore going without would make me look odd by comparison.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
addiction, makeup