How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-12-2005
The mod squad

Makeup for the body
At fashion shows you see makeup artists applying all sorts of make up on models, both face and body.
I was wondering if there are foundations, highlighters etc. available for the regular consumer?

I have a couple of marks which shows when I wear sleevless which I would like to ' cover up '.
Preferably something subtle and not too shimmery.

10-12-2005
backstage pass

Well dermablend is a brand of body makeup... it's the one I hear about most. It's full coverage and usually used to cover up scars or tattoos and other such things. I'm pretty sure it's waterproof and supposed to have long wear. I don't think it's shimmer, I think it probably gets a natural or matte finish. I think there are other brands though, but I'm not sure what they are called or anything.

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3
11-12-2005
front row

MAC has one for the body I know. I would go to makeupalley and check the reviews there.

scenester

MAC is very good.

|/mirror queen\|

One thing that is used a lot on models is Lancome Star Bronzer for body.

Product discription:

Cream-to-Powder Bronzing Veil
Long Lasting Tanning Effect

Its featherweight whipped cream texture melts under your fingertips, leaving a powdery golden veil. Like gold and copper nuggets, these pigments imitate the glow of naturally tanned skin, revealing a perfect golden “tan”, all day long. Its delicious Bora-Bora vanilla scent recreates the well-being of a real sunbath.

Enhances and beautifies your skin tone with exclusive System Sun ColorT pigments that capture white light and transform it into golden light for luminous and radiant amber skin that looks naturally tanned.

Other than that, you can mix body lotion with a bit of foundation (matching your body tone) or just use concealer on the places where there are marks such as scars or bruises, works great too.
When you opt for concealer, just don´t forget to use a bit of powder too, to fix it!

Mac foundation for face and body is also good- the name says it all!

The mod squad

Thank you everyone for your tips!

V.I.P.

If your budget is smaller, you may want to try Sally Hansen Airbrush makeup because it sprays on. I also sawy a cream that hides tattoos and the like on an informercial.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
body, makeup