How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-09-2003
trendsetter

my mother is going to korea next month and i was thinking of having her pick me up a set of shu eumura brushed. does anyone know if they are cheaper over there?

Sorry late reply. I'm in Korea and no they're not cheaper here. They're an import so subject to tax/duty. Cheaper in the US or Europe.

28-09-2003
V.I.P.

sorry to have to butt in here but I am a big big fan of Shu brushes but I wouldnt recommend the mini brush set they have simply because it is impractical and difficult to use.

I'd rather spend a bit more money to get something of excellent quality rather than purchasing something which really isnt worth its value

28-09-2003
& b

I have shu uemura, and I think they are the best, the Kolinski ones are

front row

I heard Kevin Aucions brushes and Tony and Tina brushes are made by shu umera..is it true?

28-09-2003
V.I.P.

I know that Tony and Tina's brushes are.. not sure about Aucoins though

05-10-2003
rising star

Who makes Kevyn's stuff is kind of a mystery...It seems that his line has been produced by Shiseido, but it's not sure...
But, Kevyn was a fan of Japanese cosmetics. His mascara is certainly Japanese, and before he died he designed a whole line for a Japanese brand... I can't remember the name right now...
still, his line is owned by him (well, now his company) completely, so it could have been designed at independent labs. He didn't want stockholders from outside nor the investment of big companies who would be able to decide about what would and wouldn't come in his line.

Sofia

07-10-2003
Vision of Paradise

Quote:
Originally posted by PradaP@Sep 28th, 2003 - 1:26 am
sorry to have to butt in here but I am a big big fan of Shu brushes but I wouldnt recommend the mini brush set they have simply because it is impractical and difficult to use.

I'd rather spend a bit more money to get something of excellent quality rather than purchasing something which really isnt worth its value
my thinking behind the mini shu kit is i travel a lot and need a mini set as well......
but are they really that bad? i hate traveling with full sized products. i purchased the sephora travel kit its the right size for me. im really only looking for a good blush, shadow brush there are so many out there

& b

Quote:
Originally posted by ribes@Oct 5th, 2003 - 11:49 am
Who makes Kevyn's stuff is kind of a mystery...It seems that his line has been produced by Shiseido, but it's not sure...
But, Kevyn was a fan of Japanese cosmetics. His mascara is certainly Japanese, and before he died he designed a whole line for a Japanese brand... I can't remember the name right now...
still, his line is owned by him (well, now his company) completely, so it could have been designed at independent labs. He didn't want stockholders from outside nor the investment of big companies who would be able to decide about what would and wouldn't come in his line.

Sofia
HI Sofia!! again, thanks for the brushes .... The KA line was called " The Nudes", cause they were all neutral and nude colours, still a best seller!

rising star

Hi Alex! are you talking about the Dior shadows he used? Because appart from that he designed some line for a Japanese brand...

Enjoy your brushes!!!! I have the powder I told you here waiting for you!!!

Sofia

16-10-2003
& b

Thanxx Sofia

About the shadows, now im completely clueless

rising star

hi all,
i was browsing the aisles at target ( ) and passed the cosmetic section when this caught my eye. $19.99 for this brush set that comes in a cute little carry case. i thought it was a great deal so i bought it. any opinions on sonia kashuk brushes? i know they're not MAC or Bobbi Brown, etc. but are they any good? they feel pretty nice...

07-10-2004
& b

Never tried them, IMO, Shu Uemura has the best brushes

rising star

i don't have the $ at the moment to get the high end brushes so i was hoping these would do the job for now.

07-10-2004
windowshopping

never had experience with those....sephora has some decently priced sets on their sephora line of brushes.... i dont have tons of cash either, and those work way better than any ive ever gotten at walgreens or cvs

07-10-2004
rising star

in an attempt to justify my purchase, i found some rather good reviews on these brushes...
http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview....ssorted_Brushes
whatcha think?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brushes, makeup