How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-12-2005
boop

I love MAC brushes, they are the absolute best IMO but I've been very tempted to try Shu. I've heard great things. Stila also has some very nice brushes. I used to use them before I switched over to MAC.

Some Prescriptives brushes are ok but others aren't so great. The powder brush isn't soft enough IMO. I like my powder brush to be very soft.

Last edited by Luxx; 28-12-2005 at 12:08 AM.

28-12-2005
rising star

does anybody know if these are real chanel brushes?if they are that is a really good price.they're selling 28 pieces for $140.help please.thanx

http://cgi.ebay.com/28-Pcs-CHANEL-Br...QQcmdZViewItem

20-02-2006
Reinventing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keta
In Canada you can buy Shu Umera at Holt Renfrew
I was just at Holts this weekend and they told me that they do not sell Shu Umera I also checked out some of the speciality stores in Yorkville and no luck. Does anyone know where I can buy them in Toronto??

Also, I was considering maybe a cheaper brush like LORAC. Has anyone used and liked them?

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.Gant
I was just at Holts this weekend and they told me that they do not sell Shu Umera I also checked out some of the speciality stores in Yorkville and no luck. Does anyone know where I can buy them in Toronto??

Also, I was considering maybe a cheaper brush like LORAC. Has anyone used and liked them?
I don't know if you can get this shipped to Canada, but Shu Uemura online has them. I have the brush set, and I highly recommend these brushes!

http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/Product...CategoryID=376

21-02-2006
Reinventing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbagaddict
I don't know if you can get this shipped to Canada, but Shu Uemura online has them. I have the brush set, and I highly recommend these brushes!
Hey, thanks!!! Yes they do ship to Canada and the brush set (the cheaper one ) looks perfect. I just hope that I am not hit with custom duties by ordering online. I'll check it out.

backstage pass

In Toronto i'd recommend:
- brushes by Quo (see Shopper's Drug Mart)
- Cover FX brushes
- MAC of course

- Sephora --- i haven't tried theirs but looks good
- ditto for: Lisa Watier
- Japonesque i've tried - good brush but for me was pricey.

front row

i have the prescriptives foundation brush for 8 years now and it still works as good as new. in pics i can tell my skin is much more even and beautiful when i use the brush to put on my foundation than when i used my fingers. and the brush allows you to "paint" yourface and not miss spots at all while using less foundation than you would with your fingers.
its $32..just make sure you keep it clean, i clean my brushes once a week with alcohol.

V.I.P.

Has anyone tried the MAC foundation brush?

22-02-2006
Reinventing myself...

I broke down and spent some money on some MAC brushes instead of Shu Emura (too complicated to get and way too expensive) and also, I already have some brushes from MAC and LOVE them.

To answer the question above - I have the MAC foundation brush and I don't know if anyone would disagree that it's absolutely the best!! Money well spent.

I wanted a new powder brush so I picked up the new Catherine Deneuve limited edition over the traditional long handle brush - and it's gorgeous!

Overall MAC is one of the best brands for make-up tools.

V.I.P.

I have sephora make up brushes right now but plan to get new ones soon since I've had these for years. I'm so confused on weather I should get mac or Shu...

23-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatooey
i have the prescriptives foundation brush for 8 years now and it still works as good as new. in pics i can tell my skin is much more even and beautiful when i use the brush to put on my foundation than when i used my fingers. and the brush allows you to "paint" yourface and not miss spots at all while using less foundation than you would with your fingers.
its $32..just make sure you keep it clean, i clean my brushes once a week with alcohol.
Alcohol, woudln't that damage or dry them out?
I use baby shampoo

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3
23-02-2006
V.I.P.

^ I use shampoo too, although you can get special brush cleaners pretty cheaply

26-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96
^ I use shampoo too, although you can get special brush cleaners pretty cheaply
I just happened to have a bottle of baby smapoo around and I wanted to use that up first! I also picked up a tip from kevyn aucoin to put conditioner on your brushes to keep them soft. ^^

26-02-2006
|/mirror queen\|

Keep using baby shampoo!

Brush cleansers are usually products to use without water (for instance when you are doing makeup for several people and can´t use water).
the shampoo is deeper cleansing and i am pretty sure that is better than products to clean water free!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
Keep using baby shampoo!

Brush cleansers are usually products to use without water (for instance when you are doing makeup for several people and canīt use water).
the shampoo is deeper cleansing and i am pretty sure that is better than products to clean water free!
Thanks for the tip!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brushes, makeup