How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-02-2005
V.I.P.

I use graphite pencil on my eyebrows (black hair) but works better than any eyebrow pencil i have tried because its a hard lead

06-02-2005
I loved you

i sometimes use mascara on the bottom lashes for eyeliner... i swipe some mascara on a q-tip and swipe under my eye...

weird but it sure doesn't smudge

13-02-2005
windowshopping

I always forget to take my make-up off, I buy new mascara every 3-4 months, and wear black kohl eyeliner with MAC Black Tied on top, and according to my mom, is so out and too over-done.

14-02-2005
backstage pass

I didn't know any of the rules about 'pumping' the mascara, but I think I might do that. I'm not sure. I clean with a licked qtip (or water on a qtip), and I sometimes don't wash my mascara all the way off before I go to bed.

And sometimes I nap in my contacts (by accident), which is bad. I guess that's not quite a make-up rule, but they're connected in my brain because of the order in which I do things...

15-02-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
When I mess up on my eyes I lick a Q-tip and use it to clean up the error. I was told that it's bad to use saliva to clean around your eyes.
ahaahah i do taht often too

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
Argh! No! I mean erm...stuff that makes your skin healthy and full of volume like conditioner does for hair...erm...MOISTURISER! That's what I meant, sorry
Oh man I do that too....I put some aside as well, in a little container and mix a tiny tiny tiny bit of bronzer in, for when I'm hung over, or sick and need to go to a casting.

I lightened my eyebrows once with hair bleach. It worked, but don't do it.

17-02-2005
backstage pass

I'm a finger applicator...i can't help it - doesn't seem to do me any wrong though... except that a very expensive brush collection hardly gets used...

(i'm talking touch-ups, highliter and minor smudging, etc...i don't apply my blush with my finger).

17-02-2005
& b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
... brown contour blush for that hollow cheekbones look...
THis is how we do it in the hood

rising star

Dunno if this counts...
Not on purpose, but I sometimes go to sleep with my make up on (especially on weekends), or don't fully remove make up before bedtime (removing my contact lenses before sleeping is another story).

I'm new to make-up, so I'm still in the beginning stages of developing all my make-up do's as well as don'ts...

16-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloes
I didn't know any of the rules about 'pumping' the mascara, but I think I might do that.
never pump the mascara wand up and down, it brings air and germs into the mascara and makes it go bad faster. always roll the brush around inside the tube to get mascara on the wand instead of pumping it up and down...

16-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro
THis is how we do it in the hood
fo' sho' vaggy ...

16-03-2005
windowshopping

i pull down the skin on my eyes when i put on eyeliner. i can't do it any other way!

16-03-2005
V.I.P.

^^ is that bad? uh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSpot
I know girls that put concealer on their lips because they dont like the natural pinky colour. I have to admit that I did do that in grade 7, but I grew out of it! Thank God!
I use concealer on my lips sometimes, for several different affects.... either the JPG lipless look or just as a base for clear glittery gloss

16-03-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoCalledPrep
^^ is that bad? uh oh
i think so. i think it stretches the skin under your eyes, so when you get older it will be loose, loose, loose!

16-03-2005
front row

I never ever wash my makeup off before I go to bed, only in the morning do I wash my face but hey, I have nice skin despite! I, too am a victim of mascara overload! Also I have been prone to use a SEWING NEEDLE or mechanical pencil to separate my lashes! I'm dangerous...haha. Oh I totally also put a dab of concealer on my lips because I think my lips are too red and I like the pale pinky look.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup