How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reseneace
I do the eyeliner one, i never knew it could do that! Also for the people who put concealer on their lips why don't you get some benefit lip plump, it's the same colour as most concealer and you can wear it just over some lip gloss or under a lipstick! I use it cause i used to put concealer on my lips too but it just felt horrible!
I think it's because people like their stuff to be multipurpose!

21-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssanguine
I never ever wash my makeup off before I go to bed, only in the morning do I wash my face but hey, I have nice skin despite!

Also I have been prone to use a SEWING NEEDLE or mechanical pencil to separate my lashes! I'm dangerous...haha.
I wish I could sleep with my makeup, but I guess I'd break out like crazy....

As the lash separating thing, I use the pointy end of a compass, now that I think about it's VERY dangereous, imagine by mistake pointing it in your eyes! I am never doing it again though, because I decided to stop using mascara because it causes too much lash damage and it's nearly impossible to wash it off completely and it obstructs the "eyelash pores" which causes the lash to fall out. And I really don't want that to happen to me anytime soon.

22-03-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
I am never doing it again though, because I decided to stop using mascara because it causes too much lash damage and it's nearly impossible to wash it off completely and it obstructs the "eyelash pores" which causes the lash to fall out. And I really don't want that to happen to me anytime soon.
It does what ?! Is that only if you properly cake it on so much that you're tugging at your eyelashes to get it off or does it apply to any use of mascara? I don't wear it that often but now i'm afraid my eyelids will go bald!lol!

backstage pass

i've used mascara for 8 years now and my eyelashes hasn't gone any near bald actually it almost the other way around.

my usual "don't" is that i skip washing off my make-up before i go to bed, but i'm trying to improve on that area cuz it creates so much bacteria, although i'm so friggin' lazy sometimes :S

windowshopping

I wash my make-up off as soon as I get home from work or school so I don't get all ready for bed and then be so tired I forget. It works really well for me. I find the less time make-up is on my skin, the better my skin behaves.

22-03-2005
backstage pass

yeah i agree, my skin also gets better if i do that, the thing is that i live with 3 roommates so i don't wanna be au natural in front of them all day, i have too low self esteem for that, otherwise your advice is really good.

backstage pass

^ if you don't want to wear alot of makeup on your skin i sugeat a skin moustorizer, i prefer Aveeno positively Radiant, it makes your skin have a glow, but not overly shiney just right, you look nice and polished so you don't look dull. thats a problem for me a little. It is also very healthy for your skin and won't give you breakouts like makeup. It also has an SPF 15 which also really helps your skin.

24-03-2005
trendsetter

I used to put my makeup on in a quite dark room and I couldn't tell if I had put on enough make-up then when I was outside and saw myself in a mirror I would get so scared and sad over the fact that I had walked around like that all day.

I don't do that anymore though. :p

So the lesson for today is: Lighting is important.

24-03-2005
windowshopping

I definetly abuse of eyelashes mask.

(And love it u_U)

fashion elite

I continue to use my make up over years, completly ignoring the "expired make up" rule.

24-03-2005
fashion elite

Prune, you are way cute!

24-03-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic'sWife
Prune, you are way cute!
Thanks! And I agree with you, in fact, I PREFER the eyelashes mask when it's as old as the world, for the 60's effect! .___.

V.I.P.

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOO terrible, but every once in a blue moon, I'll go to bed with my make-up on ... and pay severely for it a few days later

24-03-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloes
Does anybody put eyeliner on the bottom of their eyes and not on the top? I have done this once or twice (with mascara on top and bottom) with just a bit of brown, non-liquid liner because I think it looks more natural on me than putting liner on the top and bottom for some reason. But I don't normally because...I dunno, it seems like such a Rule. Does anyone else like their eyes better this way?
Is lining top and bottom considered a rule? because i rarely line both, I guess I just like my eyes better with just the bottom lined...plus i'm guilty of the mascara overload aswell
I also go to bed with makeup on eventhough I try really hard not too..i know its bad!!

24-03-2005
trendsetter

I totally ignore the masarca expring rule, I fall asleep all the time with my masacra on, & never quite match my foundation.

Always Coming Back Home To You - Atmosphere
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup