How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-11-2006
rising star

Hello Karina,
Sorry I didnt reply You on the other thread (also on primers), so this might help...
I also have oily skin plus it's rough with large pores, and still wear light foundations or tinted moisturizers for sheer coverage, cos it looks much better on me. Some time ago I bought a primer for the first time in my life, and chose Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch by Clarins. It was ok, nothing to die for, it made my skin slightly softer than it usually was, but it was far away from what I expected...maybe for someone with beeter skin....Although, it seemed that my make up lasted little bit longer than it was before primer....
On the other hand it is maybe a great primer which I cant tell, cos I dont have experiance at all......

27-11-2006
front row

I have just repurchased ModelCo FaceBase and I am very happy with it! It has ingredients that (like vitamins) support the skin, and it makes the face so smooth that the makeup just glides on, and stays all day and night! You can even use it in place of a moisturiser.

27-11-2006
Distract Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_L
I have just repurchased ModelCo FaceBase and I am very happy with it! It has ingredients that (like vitamins) support the skin, and it makes the face so smooth that the makeup just glides on, and stays all day and night! You can even use it in place of a moisturiser.
I've always been curious about ModelCo. How much was FaceBase?

front row

^ FaceBase is $AUD28. They also have a really nice luminiser and it costs about $AUD32. Actually, i rather like their whole range

27-11-2006
Distract Me...

^ I'll have to give it a go. Thanks!

front row

i've heard that Cargo's liquid powder works well as a primer (rather than powder). I don't really understand how it mattifies...cos it's shimmery...but it feels matte....i'm confused.

Has anyone used it/have it? It's available in the Cargo 10th anniversary box set at Sephora....come on guys, i know many beauty addicts out there have the set!

I have it too actually...but i was debating whether i should try it. or give away as a stocking stuffer. Better to get some reviews on it first though before i open it =D

22-12-2007
front row

ive got a burning question that sounds stupid but here goes
is it right to use the make up premier on the eyes too?or is it meant on the rest of the face only???please help im confused!!

22-12-2007
V.I.P.

there's one by mac that i use occasionally that i just put all over my face... although i also have a separate primer for my eyelids for eyeshadows.

23-12-2007
front row

I use Benefit's THat Gal, but it's not that great

23-12-2007
front row

my favorite is the one by armani cosmetics. never liked primers until this one!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
foundation, makeup, primers