How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-09-2005
backstage pass

Makeup / Foundation Primers
I have large pores and I have shiny skin, but it's NOT oily. It's like squeaky clean shiny, but mattifiers work on it, I have one now but it doesn't hide my gaping open pores!

I need a reccomendation, any help would be appreciated!

xjane

01-10-2005
Storm & Sommer

I know Alejandro has nothing but raves for Cliniques Pore minimizer - but I on the other hand and I think Golden_butterfly aren't impressed with the product - maybe you could try some at the Clinique counter to see if it works for you.

Not a 2 in 1 product but there's Queen Helene Mint Julip Mask (it should drain the pores and tighten them) and it gets pretty good overall reviews on MUA and its cheap.
As for the shine I allways kill shine with MAC's blot powder.

Eventhough your skin isn't oily maybe there's some advice you can use in the Oily Skin, Shine Controle thread anyway? http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...read.php?t=418

pinterest : hanneonpin
01-10-2005
V.I.P.

I use the Shiseido pore minimiser.......and it works a treat! It acts as a primer as well...so make up goes on much better.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
01-10-2005
V.I.P.

Dr. Brandt has a whole line of products called "PORELESS", there is a non irritating poreless cleanser, poreless toner and moisture. They also have an amazing face mask and micro dermabrasion in a jar product.I used it!!!! It helped minimized the pores on my nose and overall made me look awesome.

02-10-2005
V.I.P.

hmm i know i sound like an idiot asking this and i am when it comes to make up and stuff like that but what's "mattifying"?

02-10-2005
trendsetter

^something that makes the skin matt, or less shiny.

02-10-2005
V.I.P.

^ Oh ok! Thankies!

20-01-2006
front row

The clinique pore minimizer shine control works wonders! I never thought it would actually work but it does!

20-01-2006
V.I.P.

How do you use the Clinique pore minimiser?

20-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushka_BeLLa
How do you use the Clinique pore minimiser?
It's a gel, you just need a tiny bit and you can put it over or under your makeup

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3
20-01-2006
....ITMFA....

Hi - I use Clinique's Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector and I love it. When you say "gel" cardboardboxed, it makes me think that it's clear, but mine's more "flesh" colored...kind of like a concealor, but more..magical? Mattifies and decreases pores. Like Hanne said, try it out at the Clinique counter.

www.flickr.com/jstreitdesign/
20-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxury's Lap
Hi - I use Clinique's Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector and I love it. When you say "gel" cardboardboxed, it makes me think that it's clear, but mine's more "flesh" colored...kind of like a concealor, but more..magical? Mattifies and decreases pores. Like Hanne said, try it out at the Clinique counter.
Really? I had one AGES ago and it was clear. I guess they changed it!

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3
20-01-2006
backstage pass

well it's not mattifying but it sure is nice, the smashbox photo finish foundation primer! I love mine!
anyone else's thoughts?

11-11-2006
trendsetter

makeup primer
I bought Almay pore minimzer makeup primer two days ago and I am pleased with it. I got a free sample of smashbox photo finish a while ago and I hated it. It felt sooooo thick even when I only used a little bit of it. This almay stuff is good. It fills in most of my pores and keeps shine at bay. Only my biggest pores pop through and even then they are softened looking. I like it; anyone else used it? What is the BEST makeup primer out there? I have heard that Nars is good but I ain't got the dough for it. It was bad enough trying to scrape up 7.95 for the Almay, lol. (if you haven't caught on yet, I am BROKE ). BTW, since I have never really used makeup primer for more than a few days before, will it break me out? What can I expect?

Distract Me...

I have oily skin and love to wear tinted moisturizer for sheer coverage. Can I wear a primer underneath my moisturizer?
Also I'm specifically looking for primers that make makeup last the whole day, not ones that make your skin glow blah, blah, blah...
Some I've heard off Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer, Mac's Prep and Prime, Shu Ueumura UV UNderbase. Any recommendations?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
foundation, makeup, primers