How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-02-2005
flaunt the imperfection

thx sugo...dark eggplant sounds absolutely beautiful...i might actually have some somewhere...i'll have to dig around...

i now have on shiseido -the skincare-essential tinted moistturizer spf 15...
i look like a different person...wow!!!...
and the nude eyeshadow was a great suggestion...thx helena..looks natural but polished...

i ws thinking that with the blk mascara it already looks like i have eyeliner on(so ark)...so i was going to skip it... but now i will go look for eggplant...

04-02-2005
woolgathering

softgrey - You lucky brunette - I hope you don't mind but I have a question too!

Which brand makes a natural looking bronzer for pale blondes? The bronzers I've tried in the past have all been too dark for me and I ended up looking like Paris Hilton...please help

04-02-2005
V.I.P.

The best way to not ending up looking like Paris Hilton is to use a powder compact that has a shimmery bronzer powder in it. With it you can totally have control of the quantity of tan you're putting on your face and it looks so natural.

04-02-2005
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
they say that when you have dark hair and dark brows and lashes...that it's like naturally having make up on...becuase your face is framed and your features are highlighted...so just a cheek and lip...(how boring is that?!?!...)...

i've never coloured my hair either...because it's so dark...people always ask me what colour i use and whether it's natural...
part of me feels like i'm missing out on this big ritualistic part of being a girl...

i'm very low maintenance...but i'm willing to put in some effort if the results are worthwhile...

oh...and as much as i splurge on clothing...i'm totally cheap when it comes to make up...i cannot STAND wasting money...and since i don't know what is good...i hate buying stuff i'm not sure about...spending $30-$50...and then realizing it doesn't work...so i have to go buy something else and spend even more $$$...i might as well take $100 and throw it in the trash...
especially since i'm rather clueless...

that's why i think it's important to ask around before splurging...you have no idea how much crap i have in my bathroom...that i don't even touch...so i just stopped for now until i figure out what i'm doing...

you know what i mean???...

thx for the info on touche eclat too btw...
Is there any possibility we are twins separated on birth?

flaunt the imperfection

haha nemova...we look pretty similar dear...but i envy your curls...i only have a wave...*sigh*...i had a spiral perm in the 80's ...more than four hours with curlers and chemicals...i cut it all off a month later...couldn't deal with so much hair...
this is the first time i've had it so long since then and i guess i'm feeling girly...LOL...

FYI-i found the eggplant and it's great...thanks sugo...xx
ps...the cab driver was an adorable 20 yr old college student from morocco...
he told me i was beautiful...and said he'd take me to morocco...LOL...
amazing what a little make up will do...HAHAHAHAHA...

btw...the mtg went well...don't know what the outcome will be yet though...
thanks for all the tips ladies...what would i do without you guys...

MWAH!!!!>>>

04-02-2005
offline.

I do my makeup in the morning... as minimal as possible.. concealer, powder, blush, natural eyeshadow, gloss, and mascara... i don't really reapply.. except my gloss.. sometimes i get the whole mascara undereye thing.. so I check that to make sure I dont look like I had a rough night.

I usually do my manicures and pedicures myself.. but sometimes i do go to have it done at a nail place... i spent 35 on both nails and toes... there's a special on mondays-wednesdays at the place where i go.

04-02-2005
backstage pass

I know just what you mean about spending $$ on products you'll never use. I try to be so careful now because yes, I am clueless to a large extent. Ugh, I hate to spend money and then not get anything out of it.

04-02-2005
woolgathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
The best way to not ending up looking like Paris Hilton is to use a powder compact that has a shimmery bronzer powder in it. With it you can totally have control of the quantity of tan you're putting on your face and it looks so natural.
That sounds good. The bronzer I tried had to be applied with a brush, it was by YSL and was so dark. Is there a particular brand you recommend? I'm really clueless about bronzers...thanks Kimkhuu

10-02-2005
front row

Makeup to Minimize My Honker
I feel self concious about my nose. It tilts slightly (sort of like it's leaning more to one side, it is still up and down straight, but makes a sharper angle on one side of my face, and a softer angle on the other side, if that makes sense), and it's long for my teensy tiny face. I'll try to post a picture. What makeup can I use to make it seem smaller.... Or is that maybe something I just can't do. Someone mentioned using touch eclat (sp?) for making a nose thinner, and that would probably help, because looking head on the middle section is large, so atleast I can make it look like one width.

I wish I had a cute little nose. Sigh.

Even if soemone can give me search terms for this site that would be really helpful, but I tried searching "nose" in the makeup section, and obviously that wasn't very helpful..hehe.

Thanks

Last edited by Assembler; 11-02-2005 at 12:01 AM.
11-02-2005
& b

OK, simple rules, dark colors recede, light colors bring forward...

To create an illusion of a thinner nose, just apply a darker shade of powder, bronzer or concealer on both sides of the nose

A lighter shade around the nose, and in the middle of it...im really tired right now, so ill leave u with a fast sketch on what you should do..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kk.JPG (13.1 KB, 8 views)

front row

(HUGS) thanks alejandro. I'm going to give that a try.

11-02-2005
windowshopping

I agree that Clinique's Pore Minimizing products are pretty good!

17-09-2005
V.I.P.

Bobbi Brown

20-09-2005
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaStarr
Hey everyone,

I am buying some more make-up this week but i dont really know what i want to buy.....I still want the natural look but not boring. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on what brands and/or items to buy?

Oh yea i have pretty fair skin cause i live up north and dont bake, so i think ill get some bronzing cream anyone tried this before?

Thanks
Cliniques Eyeshadows..I swear sometimes I think their entire eyeshadow range has a "fair scandinavian skintype" sort of focus..

pinterest : hanneonpin
21-10-2005
backstage pass

HI Everyone!!

I would like to go get my make-up done for my birthday bash on Saturday night. Which counter would you recommend I make my appointment with? I'm good with makeup, pretty knowledgeable, but I use products from so many different lines that I don't know who to turn to when I want my whole face done (and by one specific line)...

my choices are: L'ancome, M.A.C. Chanel, DIor, Clinique...if i feel like making it to Holt's then possibly Bobbi Brown, Stila, Laura Mercier, Nars, Shiseido, Estee Lauder.

who should i pick?

salut.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, thread, tips