How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-04-2008
& b

solg, you look flawless as is (guiding myself from the waywt pics), I think you should just stick to the neutral colors so you dont feel akward wearing a lot of makeup, or something you're not comfortable with.

an event this special isn't really the time to try new things, cause the pics are there to stay ya know?

I may suggest a very sheer concealer under the eyes and spot concealer if necessary, a bit of loose powder to set it all with a wedge sponge, then smooth it out with a brush.

i'd wash my eyelids with some champagne/ash bronzey (stick to green undertone bronze not red) to contour the eyelid and outer bottom eye area, some black mascara on top lashes, brown on bottom lashes (if you use mascara on the bottom ones).

as for the cheeks and lips, i'd do a sheer bronzer, maybe if you want those cheekbones to pop a bit, with a very soft brush, i'd pick up some of that bronze shadow on your eyes and apply it lightly on the hollows of your cheek to create a slight iridecense, but practice this out ffirst cause too much face powder/blush/bronzer application over eachother might make you look grey on the cheek area. dont ask me how this happens but it happens a lot if anything, just some bronzer and a nude gloss will do.

09-04-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
liquid eyeliner isn't supposed to look smooth or natural, unless you apply it very very thin right above the lash line.

the liquid liner is rather graphic and severe rather than natural. If I may suggest, a powder eyeshadow in either a dark espresso brown or blk and a smudge brush, pressing over the lash line without making it too thick and going too far out, you'll achieve a natural look on your eyes.

Thank you.

I bought both liquid eyeliner and a darker eyeshadow to try both ways. I've been practicing the thicker line above my lashes. How do I achieve the thinner look right above the lash line? I get the shakes when I try too hard and mess it up....

10-04-2008
& b

yeah it takes a lot of practice. i would get really close to the mirror, and with one hand stretch out your eyelid to make your lashline flat instead of curved, then grab the liner with the other hand and slightly touch your lashes as you're going over the lashline, that'll help make the line less thick, and of course make sure you're not making the wand too wet or too dry, it has to be the perfect amount of liner so you dont have to go over it again or too wet to clean up.

does that make sense?

it's a hard-knock life.

^ awesome suggestion, thank you so much!

19-04-2008
V.I.P.

ok.. so I have the Shu Uemura eyelash curler but since I never wear makeup.. I have no idea how to use it. I need help :p

27-04-2008
scenester

smokey eyes!
For prom, I'm getting my make-up done, and had wanted to bring a picture with me. Does anyone have any pictures of 'smokey eye make-up' (google has hardly been a help!)

Anything is appreciated!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, thread, tips