How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-05-2004
windowshopping

Thank you!! Wow you guys are soo nice! I not only get personalized advice but also compliments!!!

11-05-2004
V.I.P.

Welcome to tFS, lancelot! Stick around and you'll meet lots of friendly and helpful people.

& b

Yea Yea!!

You have very nice skin, so, I wouldn't bother using foundation or somehting, I think with concealer, and loose powder with a bit of colour would look just fine as your face foundation...if your skin is kinda oily, the powder blends on your skin, and with time, it acts as a very sheer foundation... Off Topic, I can say that's the only blessing about having oily skin... anyway, I don't like to suggest colours, cause I play with everything myself, and experimenting with everything, from smokey eyes with black, and even using great vibrant colours is always a great start, also creating watercolouring, which is blending three or more colours on your lids with similar shades... I can be here all day talking about it... haha

front row

I'm 16 and even though I've experimented with makeup for quite a few years I've never really gotten any good at applying eyeshadow. Before my social I am going to take a class at MAC and buy some of their products - but for the moment does anyone have any tips for me? I'd really like to know how to blend - like where you would put the darker/lighter shades etc.

Thanks for reading my lil rant

29-07-2004
tgp
fashion elite

blending requires a good brush. well-actually applying shadow is almost fool-proof if you have good brushes. Mac has good ones, but if you want inexpensive ones, try Sonia Kashuk from Target. The basic way most counters teach to apply shadow is this:

a medium color on lid
darkest color in the crease (sometimes in a "V" shape at the outer corner)
lightest color below brow to highlight
-once I get them on, I use a good brush to blend each color gently into the next one

you can do this with just 2 colors-only using the darker one in the crease or you can skip the contouring of the crease all together-darker color on lid, lighter the rest of the way up. There are many variations, but those are some basics. Hope this helps-post or send me a message if you have any questions!

30-07-2004
front row

Thanks very much tgp!

I will try that out tonight

14-08-2004
windowshopping

Everyone here knows so much about makeup and makeup application so share your tips! and please share tons!

One of my own- know it sounds weird but Mehron Face in Cream Blush under a clear or tinted gloss is absolutly beautiful. Mehron is a brand for stage theatre and it last forver. You can order it off-line or any store that sells theatre makeup will have it. I know it sounds SO weird but if you dont use a lot on your lips you will get a shiny color on your lips and if you put a gloss on it it will just make it softer and glossy. its not a stain and if you dust tranclucent poweder on it it will become a matte. You can also use it as cream blush. I wear it during school and i just put a lip balm over it. It doesent come off until i wash it off and if it fades its not enough to notice.

does anyone have a tip on how to make eyeliner stay on the rims of your eyes??

17-08-2004
scenester

Vaseline is great for lips & mascara! it smoothes your lips and gives them a glossy shine and is thickens your lashes without color (so if you know you're getting wet or whatever..)

18-08-2004
front row

If you have long eyelashes like myself and can't seem to apply mascara without some of it going onto the lid/under eyebrow area ... then have no fear! ...
... dribble a bit of babyoil onto a cotton bud, and a couple of dabs of it will rid all of your oopsies

19-08-2004
scenester

MAC tinted lip conditioner is so great i use it not only for my lips but also as a cheek tint and on my brow bone!

19-08-2004
yes

dont wear too much
thats probhably the best tip

i find i attract better and more people when i have the least/ none on.

20-08-2004
front row

This makes me feel so "mom-ish," but if I goof on the liquid liner, I lick a q-tip and fix it.

If I use makeup remover or oil or anything else, I have to fix that, because any application over top is mucked up.

That's right. I wash my face with my own spittle. It's SO hot.

23-08-2004
V.I.P.

I have like 20 different types of nailpolish but I don't any of them! I don't know which colour fits me and my outfits. can you help me plleeeeeasssse??
I am blonde, have blue-green eyes, I'm very pale, tall and skinny. I love colourful clothes but go with black and white sometimes as well! my fave item right now is my black "J'adore Dior" shirt! I also love my jeans-mini (stone-washed) and my dark blue jeans. I would consider myself as a mix between casual, funky, chic and girly, I got something from every style I guess.

I read that dark nailpolish are "in" (just bought "dark cherry" ) now but what are your tips for me?!

pleeease!

thanks in advance!!

Anna

front row

Clear glossy polish with a rainbow sheen in it always looks nice - but simple. Otherwise bright contrasting nailpolish would look funky with some of the things you mentioned. I personally don't like darks (i.e blacks and dark blues) very much, they make your nails look short and stumpy - but thats only my opinion. Dark cherry does sound nice though.

23-08-2004
V.I.P.

thanks a lot Bright_Tahguil! I do have some glossy polish, but I think I want to try some more colourful, to match it with my style...
red or pinkish tones, maybe? got any suggestions?

thanx so far!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, thread, tips