How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-05-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoflight View Post
Go to Youtube and try searching for "make up men/guys" or "using a concealer". It's much more helpful than written text, you can actually see what you are supposed to do and can see the result and decide if it could work for you.
Also going to some counters, MAC for example and asking for some advice on colors/shades and application methods is helpful. Some concealers work better with applied with a small brush, some are better when blended in with fingers and so on.
Also taking before and after pics is helpful, so you can see how it turns out, so you don't end up with reverse raccoon eyes or orange spots all over your face.
thank you so much for answering, yeah I've find on youtube some great techniques, however I'm not yet convinced I should buy some; especially when I see the prices and then obviously the new budget I should think of: I guess I'm gonna stick to "try" to buy some designers' labels for now but thanks anyway

03-05-2010
V.I.P.

I think it's weird when I see it because I'm not used to it, but I don't see why it should be any different for men when it comes to makeup..who makes the rules anyway?

don't look down

Some men have to wear make-up as part of their work (in the media) so it's not that much of a leap to experiment with using it in other situations. And we should all be free to have fun with this easy way to express ourselves - after all, it washes off in the end.

Power to the 99%

^ So true I always say that hair grows out, but makeup is so much quicker to fix

I use & recommend Cle de Peau concealer. It's amazing how it disappears into the skin ... so I think it would be really good for someone who doesn't necessarily want to look like he's wearing makeup.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, men