How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-08-2003
Vision of Paradise

Quote:
Originally posted by Elle Glamour+Aug 15th, 2003 - 8:25 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elle Glamour @ Aug 15th, 2003 - 8:25 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-agent v@Jul 13th, 2003 - 5:01 am
I thought Johnny Depp looked realllllly good with it in the Pirates movie!
I was JUST going to make a new post about that! I totally agree!

Delicious. [/b][/quote]
indeed! lets roast him

15-08-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by LolitaLuxe+Aug 15th, 2003 - 2:41 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LolitaLuxe @ Aug 15th, 2003 - 2:41 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Elle Glamour@Aug 15th, 2003 - 8:25 am
<!--QuoteBegin-agent v
Quote:
@Jul 13th, 2003 - 5:01 am

I was JUST going to make a new post about that! I totally agree!

Delicious.
indeed! lets roast him [/b][/quote]
You always have wonderful i deas for men and food

V.I.P.

I'm all for guys using make up. Girls can cover up their imperfections, guys should have that luxury as well. Guys that wear eyeliner are... SEXAY!

26-08-2003
windowshopping

Some of you people are terrible.

But I agree with you. Guys shouldn't wear makeup, and girls shouldn't wear pants or tennis shoes. In fact, you should be required to wear corsets and heels daily. I mean let men be men and women be women. Right?

And I forgot that what you wear determines your sexuality, which is why its okay for homosexuals to wear certain things but not straight guys.

Inconsistecy plagues society and THATS whats sickening. Women would get pissed if men suddenly found it inappropriate for them to wear pants and shorts, and inappropriate to NOT wear makeup. But yet men take it silently when women do just that to men except reverse. And then label it "different." Atleast some people here realize this. Whats wrong with the rest of you?

27-08-2003
V.I.P.

ok

but I understand what you are saying

Mannikin

I think it's okay for Male Actors and Musicians to don make-up because they have to look their best when attending awards show or music awards and they are going to be in front of a 1000 flashbulbs, so they need it. But for normal men, I don't think they will wanna wear, unless queer, because they'll think it's girly. Plus leave it to the gals. There are somethings only girls should do and what men should leave behind.

28-08-2003
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally posted by AlmostFamous@Aug 15th, 2003 - 10:05 pm
Guys that wear eyeliner are... SEXAY!
SO true!

Ex. Johnny Depp

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by BabyAnimal@Jul 22nd, 2003 - 11:36 pm
If you are my beloved gay boys, it's fine with me.
You look gorgeous and why not?

But it's the whole other different story when it comes to straight men,imo.
I would NOT go out or fall for any straight man who wears makeup.
Men have to be somewhat rugged and nonchallant about their appearances, which I find more appealing than plain "trying too hard" attitude.

Moisturizers and after-shave creams are ok though.
well said, i second you.

straight guys? makeup?
can you see your man walking up to you saying "do I look okay? is my blusher too pink? how's my powder looking? i just bought the new christian dior matt finish foundation, the silicon makes it sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide & gliiiide smoothly on my skin!

16-09-2003
rising star

Ok I went to Paris this weekend and got myself the JP Gaultier Le Male Mat Bronzer(very nice and natural) and a beige lipstick/liptreat. It was at Sephora Champs Elysées. The counter was like mobbed. Some items were already out of stock. And at Gallerie Lafayette they had a special widow display featuring a real-life great looking male model doing his makeup in his own little boudoir. Tourists were in shock and all toke photographs.

16-09-2003
rising star

But not all the line was great... Gaultier only makes one color of concealer, saying that 'it's very subtle and natural' but the truth is that one color doesn't match everybody, so it's not really OK. The kohl on the other end of the pen looks just like a mechanich kohl pencil from like Lauder for example...
Then they make a gloss that is not exactly a gloss, but more of a natural conditioner in a roll on shape. The lipsticks are great. Three colors (one transparent one beige for light skins and one brown for dark skins). I thought the brown would look ashy and too dark on me, but it looks great, so I got it even though it's for guys.
They also make a nail balm, but it doesn't give any shine, etc... The packaging is cool.
The bronzer was great, not too light, not too dark. Perfect for the winter, for example and the brush was very good...

A certain thumbs up for any kind of men... Sexy looking as well...

Sofia

16-09-2003
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by agent v@Jul 13th, 2003 - 1:01 am
ME TOO! i think makeup for guys is ok as long as its natural. the eyeliner looks really good and guys want their skin to look good too!

16-09-2003
V.I.P.

Okay, makeup is fine for guys in the bijoux but beyond that, ewwwww!

windowshopping

heres the pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pirates.jpg (54.2 KB, 41 views)

16-09-2003
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by Elle Glamour+Aug 28th, 2003 - 8:48 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elle Glamour @ Aug 28th, 2003 - 8:48 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-AlmostFamous@Aug 15th, 2003 - 10:05 pm
Guys that wear eyeliner are... SEXAY!
SO true!

Ex. Johnny Depp [/b][/quote]
and there's ewan mcgregor! *sigh*

16-09-2003
fashion insider

I don’t think not agreeing with male makeup is necessarily a double standard and means that those people believe women should not be able to wear shorts and should be in corsets... nothing is that black and white.... in my opinion if my husband decided he wanted to use my bronzer i would be a little freaked like honey what is going on here.... BUT!!!! my husband and now his friends are TOTALLY into the grease wipes, or the oil absorbing sheets I should call them and that is cosmetic and I think okay. I think it is okay for a man to want to groom and take care of himself... it is just a fine line from grooming to becoming too feminine... just like as a woman i enjoy sweating, tennis shoes, getting dirty, sports but you wont find me scratching my crotch or shaving my face (not that there is ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT) and NOT THAT EVERY MAN DOES THAT.....you know what though as I was writhing this thinking of “MALE” things to do it was sort of hard for me…. It is easier and more acceptable for a woman to enjoy “masculine” activities – drink beer, do yard work, fish, sports but when a man enjoys shopping, sensitive music or movies.. he is criticized. Is that because the female way is less impressive or important or accepted in our society….??? This is turning into a women’s studies course and too long of a post…dont hate me not sure if I am wanted here yet anyway

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, men