How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-12-2003
front row

Haha I was joking around about this the other night with this girl..

Im bisexual so i date both, so i have been seeing this girl, and she knows that i wear clear mascara, and tinted mouisturizer and sometimes bronzer.. i dont think it looks bad at all.. she happens to like it, she thinks i can pull it of..

i think make up for guys is ok to an extent.. as i was walking through nordstroms the guy at the mac counter had full on eye make up and i wanted to vomit..

the funny part is..

she was saying what if we had little kids and we were walking thorugh the mall and she said "hold on we need to get daddy's mascara"

haha..

01-01-2004
mea
windowshopping

All of you have interesting takes on this subject. Perhaps one of you could assist someone with a practical solution.

First, I have done it. Wear makeup in public, that is. I came from a conservative background, this would have been one of those do not cross this line subjects. Since I have gained more understanding about myself, I decided to become a bit of a trendsetter and give it a try.

I am a mid 30's male who would like to find a makeup product to conceal moderate shaving scars and blemishes. I work in the corporate world, so I need a product that looks completely natural and will not bleed on my clothes. Concealment is the primary interest; enhancement would be a bonus.

I have used MAC studio finish concealer and shu uemura nobara cream foundation. Both blend very well with my skin tone (darker skinned Aferican American) but neither will set and shows on shirt collars.

I know there are other males who have an interest, but might be a bit, umm, shy.

01-01-2004
mea
windowshopping

All of you have interesting takes on this subject. Perhaps one of you could assist someone with a practical solution.

First, I have done it. Wear makeup in public, that is. I came from a conservative background, this would have been one of those do not cross this line subjects. Since I have gained more understanding about myself, I decided to become a bit of a trendsetter and give it a try.

I am a mid 30's male who would like to find a makeup product to conceal moderate shaving scars and blemishes. I work in the corporate world, so I need a product that looks completely natural and will not bleed on my clothes. Concealment is the primary interest; enhancement would be a bonus.

I have used MAC studio finish concealer and shu uemura nobara cream foundation. Both blend very well with my skin tone (darker skinned Aferican American) but neither will set and shows on shirt collars.

I know there are other males who have an interest, but might be a bit, umm, shy.

01-01-2004
tgp
fashion elite

I agree on the black liner being sexy-ex:Johnny Depp and Ewan MacGregor-hot hot hot hot hot.
Men in makeup doesn't bother me, but I personally don't think I would be attracted to a man wearing makeup unless it was an edgy look(the black liner, for example)

09-01-2005
front row

Lena, I think he looks way better in the second picture. He looks smouldering and way more chiseled and contoured. Personally I think makeup on men is really hot. Like little skater boys wearing eyliner(which I totally know is overdone and blasé, but I still find it cute). Or like freddy mercury...sizzle.
Here's a boy with a smokey eye.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vintage3.jpg (55.3 KB, 29 views)

09-01-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

Whoah there's some complete double-standards going on. Some of you seriously need to get some new ideas about what makes a man if you think that wearing a little makeup is going to damage someone's masculinity...

V.I.P.

only make up i wear is once in a while i'll put on some heavy black eyeliner if i'm going to a show or something

17-03-2005
windowshopping

Makeup on guys is okay, why not? Don't we have the right to wear makeup? Ofcourse it doesn't look good on all males, but that's the same with females. Females can wear boyish clothes anyway, so I don't see why males couldn't do more "feminine" things like makeup or clothes.

27-03-2005
windowshopping

I have a question for the ladies here.

I'm a straight guy and did a search on "makeup for men" on Google and found this thread and wanted to ask you all something.

I have a mild acne problem and it leaves little scars on my cheek (just little spots; no craters or anything). I'm 19, good looking, but these little marks can make me self-conscious at times.

Would it be okay to use just a little bit of conceiler on my cheeks to cover up the acne?

05-04-2005
rising star

^ I think you would be fine, but I think you should get an exfoliator to get rid of the marks Zia's Ultimate Exfoliator is a good one... you can pick it up at any Whole foods or at their website.

I think it's all in the way they wear it; most of the time I think guys look hot in makeup. I particularly like Johnny Depp, that guy from The Strokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
Whoah there's some complete double-standards going on. Some of you seriously need to get some new ideas about what makes a man if you think that wearing a little makeup is going to damage someone's masculinity...
Agreed.

Example: Johnny Depp in POTC, never has a guy looked better with eyeliner imo.

front row

^^^ I Agree!!

05-04-2005
fashion elite

no way, not my type of man.. sorry... I guess its cute for models or people under the spot light, but I dont want my man wearing my products...
Call me Ol'fashioned...

05-04-2005
Muse

Yes, Johnny Deep in POTC....

fashion insider

Basically, I think men can wear make-up to perfect the skin and that alone. Otherwise it would look simply awful. Most men wearing make-up would be wearing a men's label. Those labels don't make pink blush or blue eye-shadow. A guy can be sraight and still wear make-up only to perfect skin.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, men