Makeup for mixed race girls - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
08-07-2006
trendsetter

I don't know how to post pictures, here's the link: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...wmverloren.jpg

I usually wear black eyeliner on the top, pinkish gloss and rosé blush.
Does anyone of you know how to make my nose look smaller? I hate it

08-07-2006
backstage pass

^ you're gorgeous! I had to look again to see what you were talking about. I don't see a big nose at all. But if you want to make it look slimmer, draw a stripe of highlighter down the middle and blend.

We have pretty similar skin colours. I'm an NC25 and use MAC's Blushbaby. It looks very natural on me. Nudes and pinks on the lips look best on me. I can't pull off reds and berries, unfortunately. My favorite lipstick is Lovelorn. It's a nice, youthful pink.

V.I.P.

To whomever complained that there aren't enough mixed-race girls on the forum:

Actually there's a lot. I am one, too, but I don't wear makeup. So there you go. There could be many, many more but we don't ever check the beauty threads.

08-07-2006
V.I.P.

^^ what she said

by the way oolie, i love your av!

le rêve est réalité...
08-07-2006
V.I.P.

Thanks huN!

09-07-2006
windowshopping

Loving this thread as I too come from a mixed heritage!

For me, having dark hair and dark eyes with fair pinkish skin, I like the muted lips + dark eye look..much like the picture posted of Raquel...

I guess it depends on skin tone and eye colour make-up wise...

10-07-2006
trendsetter

whats mixed race? ..well im full chinese asian thats not a mixed race right? gosh i feel stuipid. anways i love makeup! i use armani luminous silk foundation, guerlain bronzer, dior eyebrow pencil and yeah thats it. booby brown has nice foundation for more olive tones.
im not that white shown on my DP, its the lighting from my desk lamp, im glad im not that pale haha

1karina1- is the prada eye mask good? i have qutie some dark cirlces now from studying

Distract Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madem0iselle

1karina1- is the prada eye mask good? i have qutie some dark cirlces now from studying
I haven't tried the prada eye mask, but I'm currently using Talika's eye detox purifying capsules. They help eliminate toxins and clinical tests show that after 28 days of taking 1 capsule a day, puffy eyes are reduced by 85% and dark circles are reduced by 76%

I've been using them for only 18 days and the results have been quite dramatic for me. I'm well chuffed! I don't even have to use eye gels anymore.
Prada's Reviving eye concealer is amazing. It's very lightweight and creamy, so covers dark circles very subtly. One of my favourite products.

If you have serious dark circles and have quite a bit of cash to spare, try the Hyxelin eye cream.

Hope that helps!

Distract Me...

Red Lipstick
I have always shied away from red lipstick. It always seemed to me to be for a very made-up look. Never really saw other girls of my colour wearing it either. It's very difficult finding the right shade. But then I came across some photos that changed my perspective. Suddenly red lipstick was fiesty, punchy and goddamn it I wanted to find the perfect red lipstick.

Most mixed-girls have full, natural lips and red lipstick will emphasize this. You always read in magazines how you should play a feature on your face. I have two beauty spots on the corner of the right-side of my mouth and had never thought of celebrating this uniqueness before, until I saw the impact red lipstick could have.

Here's a photo of the stunning Alesha Dixon from www.aleshadixon.net

If anyone has tips on finding the perfect shade/ technique then go ahead and slap a post on this thread!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 822878066_l.jpg (81.6 KB, 7 views)

Distract Me...

Raica Oliveira
Raica Oliveira is practically my first model love (becuase she looked most like me than the american, california girls and the statuesque african girls). Raica is in fact Brazilian and has the same skintone as me.

I thought it would be nice to post some pics of her ( from http://supermodels.nl) with different makeup looks to use as inspiration for anyone interested
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (35.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 51.jpg (25.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 55.jpg (27.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 59.jpg (30.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 81.jpg (34.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 90.jpg (37.7 KB, 5 views)

Distract Me...

Here's a couple of pics of Lauren Blake from a british girlband called Frank.

I think she's utterly gorgeous and I love how natural her makeup is.

Pics from gettyimages.com and channel4.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71606408.jpg (36.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg tasha_gallery_big.jpg (102.8 KB, 13 views)

V.I.P.

I know a few women of mixed racial background and swear these are great products for them. I must say, how they look in makeup you should look into these products:

IMAN Cosmetics- http://www.imanbeauty.com
Former model herself. Products can also be found at JCPenny yet highly regarded as one of the best for women of color

Nars Makeup- http://www.narscosmetics.com/
Well known and used personally by several models of color and biracial background. Top on-line stores carry them.

Azania Cosmetics- http://www.azaniacosmetics.com/
percentage of the proceeds go to Feed the Children in Africa

Distract Me...

crow_watcher, that's such a wonderful contribution. Thank you!

I'm definitely intrigued by NARS cosmetics, it's always winning recommendations for it's blusher and Multiple stick. I'm gonna go to Selfridges and try some soon.

On another note, people might be interested to know that Thandie Newton uses Origins' Pinch Your Cheeks for blush.

Also Origin's Sunny Disposition Bronzer in Liquid is meant to be great. I know being mixed-race you may not necassarily need bronzer, but a journalist for the Telegraph (who herself is mixed-race) used it and found that people really complimented on how great her skin was. I'm trying to get my hands on it, but it's always out of stock!
I'll let y'all know how I get on when I finally get it.

Distract Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1karina1

On another note, people might be interested to know that Thandie Newton uses Origins' Pinch Your Cheeks for blush.

Also Origin's Sunny Disposition Bronzer in Liquid is meant to be great. I know being mixed-race you may not necassarily need bronzer, but a journalist for the Telegraph (who herself is mixed-race) used it and found that people really complimented on how great her skin was. I'm trying to get my hands on it, but it's always out of stock!
I'll let y'all know how I get on when I finally get it.
Finally managed to get my hands on these products and they are...wonderful!
Sunny Disposition gives skin a great glow, although you should use only a small amount on the face, or else you will look too dark. At the moment I use it on the whole face before using my tinted moisturiser, but you can also use it on areas where the sun usually hits the face (ie. bridge of the nose, tops of the cheeks, chin...)
As for Pinch your Cheeks, I bought the Raspberry shade (the most popular) and it really gives a subtle blush effect, although you can layer for a more noticeable affect. And most importantly the cheek stain actually stayed on my face all evening...usually my blusher fades after a few hours so I was really chuffed, no need to re-apply! I highly recommend both of them.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1karina1
Finally managed to get my hands on these products and they are...wonderful!
Sunny Disposition gives skin a great glow, although you should use only a small amount on the face, or else you will look too dark. At the moment I use it on the whole face before using my tinted moisturiser, but you can also use it on areas where the sun usually hits the face (ie. bridge of the nose, tops of the cheeks, chin...)
As for Pinch your Cheeks, I bought the Raspberry shade (the most popular) and it really gives a subtle blush effect, although you can layer for a more noticeable affect. And most importantly the cheek stain actually stayed on my face all evening...usually my blusher fades after a few hours so I was really chuffed, no need to re-apply! I highly recommend both of them.
You're mixed 1karina1 ? Wowowah you're like my english twin LOL

That's an interesting thread.

I use Estee Lauder bronzing powder ('sun powder' in French) and I like it.
It gives a nice, relaxed look.

priceminister.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
girls, makeup, mixed, race