How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-01-2010
V.I.P.

Makeup Rants
Ever bought or tried out a product that really did not work out the way you'd expected or not the way it said it would?

I just thought it would be nice to have a thread where people could post products that they're not satisfied with because of whatever reason.

I don't know if we have a thread like this already since tFS didn't allow me to do the search

19-01-2010
scenester

diorshow blackout mascara. i can't remember if it was the waterproof or not, but it clumped a lot and dried up in the tube pretty quickly compared to the regular stuff. i don't think it made my lashes look any better either!! argh.

19-01-2010
fashion insider

Haha yes, I can go on a Diorsow rant too...

I bought it because everyone was talking about how amazing Diorshow mascara was and I got the worst smudges from it. But ok, it smudges but it made my lashes look good so I thought I'd use the waterproof version instead.

It smudged

How does a waterproof mascara even smudge?!

And I've resented Diorshow ever since.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I was disappointed with Diorshow too... It flaked and smudged, but I did love how black-black-BLACK it was.

V.I.P.

wow should we just rename this thread to the diorshow mascara rant thread? I have the same problem actually with that mascara, but it gives me amazing lashes..tho I'm not sure if it's worth it yet..

V.I.P.

The Shu Uemura eyelash curler:
It's not about the job it does on my lashes, but the fact that it's almost impossible to get new refills makes it unpractical, it's almost like you have to buy a new curler when the pad gets old...

THE STRANGER

^You didn't get a refill with yours? That sucks.

I've been using my Shu Uemura curler for a few weeks now, and I really don't like it. It doesn't really curl my lashes at all... It kind of makes my lashes stick up like a right angle. It also plucks off several of my eyelashes while I'm at it. I REALLY prefer the Shiseido curler so much more. It's cheaper and works better.

V.I.P.

Thanks I'll quote you on that one in the Rave thread^^ I got refills but I've missplaced them or something..lalala..haha

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Benefit "Georgia" - was bright orange on my skin I wanted a lovely peach flush, but no such luck!

Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonaka View Post

I don't know if we have a thread like this already since tFS didn't allow me to do the search
There is this thread : Products Everyone Loves And You Hate!
maybe the two could be merged ?

Benefit Eye Bright - a no no if you wear contacts..as it will transfere unto the lenses presto

pinterest : hanneonpin
21-01-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne View Post
There is this thread : Products Everyone Loves And You Hate!
maybe the two could be merged ?
It's not really the same tho IMO..

Sephora makeup brushes
they get so stiff that they hurt my skin..

Last edited by loonaka; 21-01-2010 at 08:09 AM.
21-01-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
Benefit "Georgia" - was bright orange on my skin I wanted a lovely peach flush, but no such luck!

I have to rant about 'Georgia' as well, although for the exact opposite reason...i too wanted a lovely peachy flush but the darned product didn't show up on my skin!! I'm quite pale so i have no idea how yours ended up bright orange and mine didn't even show up, but it just seemed like it was missing any pigment whatsoever!!

Another Benefit rant is Benetint...the product itself is cool but i hate hate hate the packaging, it's so cumbersome and the brush is ridiculous, i feel like i'm painting myself up like a clown because that brush seems to make the product dry in streaks on my cheek. The pocket size is much better but i don't want horrid sticky lipgloss with it

Also HATED Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes...what a gimmicky let-down!! I mean, it wasn't the worst mascara i've ever tried (that title goes to Great Lash!!) but for the price and hype I was expecting so much more.

21-01-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGrace View Post

Also HATED Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes...what a gimmicky let-down!! I mean, it wasn't the worst mascara i've ever tried (that title goes to Great Lash!!) but for the price and hype I was expecting so much more.
OMG I really really HATE Great Lash! Worst product ever IMO.

we were in love

21-01-2010
V.I.P.

All dior eyeshadows, they'll smolder even before you've touched them with your brush

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonaka View Post
All dior eyeshadows, they'll smolder even before you've touched them with your brush
oooh i love the dior eyeshadow palettes - some of the best i've ever used! Haven't tried any mono shadows but i imagine them to be the same. I always find it funny how makeup can be great on one person and completely crap on another!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, rants